+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update 9/7/2018

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default PTS Update 9/7/2018

Just a brief note to let folks know that PTS has been updated. The main points of interest are called out below. If players are looking to test raid content, feel free to contact me and I will do what I can to try and get free to observe.

Live PTS (Alpha):
    • Salvatrix has gone through a bunch of the dimension items and cleaned up / revamped the dimension portion of the store.
    • Bastion of Steel: Fix for Infected Ground and Static Surge not doing proper damage, these fixes and the changes to Commander Isiel and Titan X encounters are planned to go live next week.

Prime PTS (Omega):
    Primeval Feast: T3 Raid
    • Decreased health of Life Anchors
    • Please use items contained in Fluffy Prime’s ‘PRIME – EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT – Raid 3 ready’ box while testing

Infernal Dawn: T3 Raid
    • Decreased health values of Fire Wing and Entrance Encounters
    • Increased damage of Entrance wing Mini Bosses
    • Please use items contained in Fluffy Prime’s ‘PRIME – EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT – Raid 3 ready’ box while testing

Reminder – for testing on Omega, you must access the PTS via the "Rift Prime" launcher in Glyph. Select "Rift Prime" then select "PTS" from the dropdown in the upper right corner of Glyph.

You cannot transfer characters from Prime to Prime PTS. Instead, there are NPCs on the server that will provide you with a level 50 boost and some starter gear, use those to join in, build your specs, and start testing. Please visit Fluffy Prime for all your testing needs.
    (The vast majority of the above reminder were ‘borrowed’ from one of Clowd’s posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    • Bastion of Steel: Fix for Infected Ground and Static Surge not doing proper damage, these fixes and the changes to Commander Isiel and Titan X encounters are planned to go live next week.
    Fixing Infected Ground makes sense but at this point you might as well leave Static Surge as it is. It makes it easier for progressing guilds since it allows you to be in melee for a good portion of the fight.

Nerf the damage on Commander Isiel's mines as well.

Where is iGSB? We're still waiting for "new" content on live.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

When will the bugs from the last pts changes be fixed?

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ip-damage.html

Sab bombs still dealing 1/5th of their tooltip damage on detonation, Curative Remotes tooltip still hasn't been updated to match the new changes of not getting buffed by eternal

Was reported before the PTS changes even *hit* live but it was still pushed through.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Shadowlander

HOLY BALLS!

Salvatrix said months ago the fragment change was and I quote "Her top priority" but yet we have had a mount rework and now the dim items/store.

So apparently not a "top priority" by Scott

WHEN ARE YOU CHANGING FRAGMENTS? I'm getting tired of sitting on 4+ alts with half done fragments cause im not WASTING 40k plat on garbage fragments.

and on that note............ who the F are we paying plat to for fragments. your plat sink is useless and yet you want to make ANOTHER plat sink to try and balance the prices of REX.
    maybe its so high because you plat sunk fragments?
    Last edited by Pints; 09-08-2018 at 12:21 PM.

Ascendant

Fragments are one of those ideas they should have removed from the game. It is much worse than what CQ did to the game by constricting players to a certain content.

Not only there is a problem with fragments but also the drop rate. You have to do certain outdated content that barely anyone does to get certain types of fragments. For instance, we are doing BoS and raid rifts that mostly drop Air fragments. The rest is stuck in TDNM and IROTP which is barely being played. I also don't like the idea of using fragments as a plat sink. It was tested and did nothing to reduce the REX value. In fact the price has sky rocketed even further. And the plat sink was only good for 1% of whale players, many who would have possibly payed more to min/max but was detrimental to 99% of the playerbase.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-08-2018 at 01:41 PM.

Soulwalker

Default And while we are at it..

1. create a storm cell removal amender [you let us remove runes.. storm cells are entirely too difficult to obtain much less destroy because of an upgrade]. That's easy enough-take the same programming from the rune unsocketing OR add storm cells to that, change the name of the amender to universal and call it a day

2. create a max update frag button just like you did for a mass delete. Why do we have to sit in game for 10 minutes watching a tool tip bar?

3. fix the mine damage in BOS ^^

4. fix the rogue issue with bombs doing the correct damage.....

What is "proper" damage? Are you raising it? Are you lowering it? Was it doing too little or much? Is this like making the encounter more doable, like a previous fix to that made tanking cooldowns actually work to mitigate damage in the Commander Isiel fight?
    Djarn@Faeblight (Bahmi Mage) ˙\▾/˙

Isp
    Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Braer View Post
    What is "proper" damage? Are you raising it? Are you lowering it? Was it doing too little or much? Is this like making the encounter more doable, like a previous fix to that made tanking cooldowns actually work to mitigate damage in the Commander Isiel fight?
    They raising it (to initial values I guess). It is not about Isiel, it is about Titan - these abilities started to do negligible damage some time ago and we started to ignore some mechanics after that. 1% damage reduction from Isiel would not be noticeable.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

It is basically as Isp said. During the testing of BoS changes last month players pointed out that several abilities started doing negligible damage near the start of summer. Two of these abilities occurred during the Titan X encounter and the fix restoring them to initial values should be going out next patch along with the damage and hit point adjustments to the encounter.
    Last edited by Avathar; 09-10-2018 at 12:23 PM.

During the testing of BoS changes last month players pointed out that several abilities started doing negligible damage near the start of summer. Two of these abilities occurred during the Titan X encounter and the fix restoring them to initial values should be going out next patch along with the damage and hit point adjustments to the encounter.
    I just don't understand how such a major issue with the only relevant piece of endgame content could possibly go unfixed for so long.
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

It is basically as Isp said. During the testing of BoS changes last month players pointed out that several abilities started doing negligible damage near the start of summer. Two of these abilities occurred during the Titan X encounter and the fix restoring them to initial values should be going out next patch along with the damage and hit point adjustments to the encounter.
    Is the damage and HP reduction/ DR going to be 10 percent and 4 percent on the Commander encounter? Or is there going to be a HP reduction to Titan X? Not sure based upon your comment and i have not been following the PTS :P Thx

I agree that there could possibly be a nerf to the damage from the mines, or possibly reduce the amount that spawn.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "Proud Member of GraySkull"

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by Onebutton View Post
    Is the damage and HP reduction/ DR going to be 10 percent and 4 percent on the Commander encounter? Or is there going to be a HP reduction to Titan X? Not sure based upon your comment and i have not been following the PTS :P Thx

I agree that there could possibly be a nerf to the damage from the mines, or possibly reduce the amount that spawn.
    The damage and hit point reductions are to Commander Isiel, Vindicator MK1, Titan X, and the Fire Spigots. These are the the same changes that have been on pts for a month and discussed in a prior thread.

As for the mines, I understand how frustrating they can be, and I appreciate that there has been a large amount of high quality feed back about them. Right now I am trying to find a way to alleviate some of that frustration without making them trivial or reducing their damage to nothing.

I don't think I ever posted this before when we went to do PTS testing, so here is our combat log from a couple weeks ago. It's a combination of raiders from our two main groups, so people who clear BOS on a weekly basis, just not all together usually. The two groups are similar in terms of strats and group comps though, so there wasn't really any learning curve to it.

Combat log: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Zz...CEB1d9695GM9L6

For Isiel, I think the HP changes are good and will help keep the groups currently clearing doing so with less potential frustration at rng, and give a bit more flexibility as far as what classes we bring. I won't beat a dead horse and repeat the comments others have made about mines, but I would support some changes there (though not trivializing the mechanic). We were able to get the transition time earlier than usual compared to live, so it was noticeable. For groups still progressing on it, the lower HP on the bosses might allow them to swap a dps-chon to chlorochon or fkchon, to let their dps cleave more on phase 1 so the adds aren't up as long without as much of a disruption to the transition time, or various other changes as their group comp allows.

Unfortunately, I don't think the outgoing dps reductions (was it 2%?) for Vindicator (as we lovingly call it, the Trashcan) or Isiel are really significant, as the times when tanks tend to die are either from a Voltaic Thrust that isn't properly managed, or from the "mines are floating on me, I got Arc Slashed, and took a Cannon Blast" all in 0.3 seconds kind of situation. As such, I think the reliance on the chantion link, life insurance, alternating healer cd's, or whatever strat the group uses is likely going to still be just as needed. However due to the lowered HP of both the Trashcan and Isiel, it won't be quite as difficult to make sure that's possible in the group!

As far as Titan goes, the change to his HP is appreciated. The spigots could maybe use a bit more reduction as we didn't think it was noticeable, but the only real "problem" on this fight imo is the ghosts continuing to show up after the remaining adds in a wave are dead, which awkwardly extends the time of those phases. Titan having a bit less HP helps make the last phase just a hair faster, which was nice and somewhat compensates for those weird ghost phases. Titan himself still hits like a wet noodle but that's not different from Live (I don't mean the bug with the Static Blast, but his regular "Attack"). It would be nice if the stacks he gains made more of a difference in difficulty (since you can easily purge them if necessary anyway), but I probably shouldn't go suggesting anything to make the bosses harder to kill, lol.

So overall, definite from our tests! Glad to see the changes are coming soon, too.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

Rift Disciple

for those who don't know, the red ground thingy from infector and the pulse in titan , are now bugged on live , making the ground ae and pulse dealing wet noodle dmg (pulse sub 2k a tick , and infector red ae around 20k a tick iirc) , this continues on live for weeks by now if not more than a month.

In before the red and pulse could kill a 450k+ hp player in 2-3 ticks. If people have been doing the mechanics correctly it shouldn't be a problem. IIRC, the bug about pulse was reported before but in the recent pts testing about 2nd & 3rd boss dmg/hp nerf by players with dev monitoring in BOS , the pulse bug along with the infector red were mentioned to the dev again during the test. Hence the fix.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Champion

Plot Twist - there is no "next patch".

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast