+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update 8/7/2018

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default PTS Update 8/7/2018

Hullo there testers of Telara! There is a new PTS build hitting both Alpha (Live) and Omega (Prime) with some changes that we’d love your feedback on. So feel free to grab 10 to 20 of your closest friends, dive in, and then come back and post your feedback.

Live PTS (Alpha):

Bastion of Steel:
    • Based on Player feedback the health and damage values of Commander Isiel and Vindicator MK have been slightly reduced
    • Based on Player feedback the health and damage values of Titan X and his Fire Spigots have been slightly reduced

Prime PTS (Omega):

Rise of the Phoenix: T2 Raid
    • Sliver has been enabled and initial adjustments have been done on Boss encounters
    • Please use items contained in Fluffy Prime’s ‘PRIME – EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT – Raid 2 ready’ box while testing

Primeval Feast: T3 Raid
    • Sliver has been enabled and initial adjustments have been done on Boss encounters
    • Please use items contained in Fluffy Prime’s ‘PRIME – EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT – Raid 3 ready’ box while testing

Infernal Dawn: T3 Raid
    • Dungeon has been enabled and initial adjustments have been done on all Boss encounters
    • Please use items contained in Fluffy Prime’s ‘PRIME – EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT – Raid 3 ready’ box while testing

Reminder – for testing on Omega, you must access the PTS via the "Rift Prime" launcher in Glyph. Select "Rift Prime" then select "PTS" from the dropdown in the upper right corner of Glyph.

You cannot transfer characters from Prime to Prime PTS. Instead, there are NPCs on the server that will provide you with a level 50 boost and some starter gear, use those to join in, build your specs, and start testing. Please visit Fluffy Prime for all your testing needs.
    (The vast majority of the above reminder were ‘borrowed’ from one of Clowd’s posts)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Avathar View Post
    Hullo there testers of Telara! There is a new PTS build hitting both Alpha (Live) and Omega (Prime) with some changes that we’d love your feedback on. So feel free to grab 10 to 20 of your closest friends, dive in, and then come back and post your feedback.
    I don't have any friends, but be happy to test stuff out and leave feedback. For live stuff even thoug, the nerf would be a welcome change to the community...will miss the "challenge" though.

Shadowlander

Only if the dev team arranges a PTS BoS run and notifies the players in the forum, otherwise, with the small playerbase and lots of them not having PTS in my observation, this will most likely not be tested. I've been on pts for every soul change to make parses for about 3 hrs on my warrior and every time I use the search function to see if someone else is also on PTS but nope, it's deserted.

Maybe just push the changes to live? you know, like the warrior changes after several posts stating that it wasn't properly tuned [probably other classes too. (yes 1b tempest is good but the actual true tempest spec is the one I'm referring to.)]

Telaran

well the whiners did win again with the nerf for BoS

said part is that the problem wasn't that the bosses have to much HP, it's that 95% of the playerbase are playing wrong specs and don't know a correct rotation

i run BoS 3/3 on weekly base after the nerf with in that raid still a pyro (worst mage spec for the moment) but it's going down easy.

so if this nerf is going live it will be more something like dungeon run

Quote Originally Posted by faabs View Post

said part is that the problem wasn't that the bosses have to much HP, it's that 95% of the playerbase are playing wrong specs and don't know a correct rotation

i run BoS 3/3 on weekly base after the nerf with in that raid still a pyro (worst mage spec for the moment) but it's going down easy.

Please equip a normal T1 weapon, full T1 gear and rank 9 fragments in your whole raid team and make a video of the kill, as that is the gear you should be able to kill the bosses in with proper rotations.

Of course, in full T2, max. Eternal and rank 15 fragments it's faceroll. Most raid guilds are actually full T3 ready for months now, problem is there is none.

Not nerfing the bosses at all makes it impossible for new guilds to achieve anything in T2 and blocks even raid guilds from taking newcomers in their raid groups...
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

The whiners didn't win.. That is just wrong. This is a good time for a nerf.. It has been out like 10 months or so and it pretty much can't be pugged any longer. This is a good thing for progression and new guilds.

Where did you come with this 95% of players don't play the proper specs? Did you run a survey? lol. Don't spew out numbers without any kind of backup. Thanks!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

General of Telara

My guild is lucky to get 10 people for a raid on live. There is zero chance of us testing anything raid related on PTS, especially hp and damage changes. I would have just pushed the BoS changes to live this hotfix,

Telaran

i agree, i lately started again to run with random groups with my mage and cleric, and nearly all the times when the group fails, it is either a bad group setup, players playing wrong specs, players playing right specs wrong or all those combined (and i was in many groups that failed^^).

The nerf really isn't necessary..

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar
    Please equip a normal T1 weapon, full T1 gear and rank 9 fragments in your whole raid team and make a video of the kill, as that is the gear you should be able to kill the bosses in with proper rotations.

Of course, in full T2, max. Eternal and rank 15 fragments it's faceroll. Most raid guilds are actually full T3 ready for months now, problem is there is none.

Not nerfing the bosses at all makes it impossible for new guilds to achieve anything in T2 and blocks even raid guilds from taking newcomers in their raid groups...
    I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.
    So lets say a guild starts raiding and it is the rare case that every member starts from zero.
    In my eyes it really isn't too much when they first have to do 6 weeks of t1 for the eternal.. that wasn't faster in earlier times.
    Until after that 6 weeks, everybody can easily grind at least some of the intel stuff.
    What is the reason that the Fragments are only 9 ? Should we expect that they are also not good fragments? (like t6 fragments upped to 9?)
    I don't know why you have such low expectations of "new" players that want to raid t2. level 12 frags are not too expensive nowadays and are enough.

It seems that your example of a player that wants to raid bos is a player that either doesn't like RIFT or that doesn't like to raid.
    Anyway, most of the time when a new guild is starting to do t2 most of the people have at least some gear (open world t2), last eternal weapon included.

By the way, my cleric has mostly level 9 fragments, some are 12, is t1 equiped with only the belt being shop t2, has omnox and my mages engine and he does 1m-1.1m in the raid (inquisitor), which is enough for BoS, so it's possible.

Like i said, most groups fail because of bad setups or bad players, it's simple as that (at least from what i saw in pugs.)

There is also the strange opinion that some players have, that they will suddenly do 400k-500k more dps when they gain BoS Gear, that is not true. I have the feeling that most of the people that really like raiding and learning mechanics (both of specs and bosses) are gone and what's left are people that just complain when they can't kill something with their easy 1 button specs and far too many healers in the raid...

But i know, the nerf is coming so grats to you people..

I really would wish that they bring a hardmode at the same time as the nerf, even it is a "lazy" hardmode with a raidwide +x%hp/damage buff to bosses, so that the remaining raiding guilds have something to do..

Champion

It's the design decision of the game and always has been. Every person and guild should be able to clear all current content and if they can't it's nerfed. BoS has lasted the longest, I think, before going under the knife.

I don't like it but it seems the vast majority of players disagree. Of course that breaks down when specs are discussed, then everyone wants the hardest to play, most complicated specs to always be the best. Easy doesn't count with specs, only raids it seems.

Some games don't do this, they don't wipe your stats with level cap increases, you just continue on. This allows the weaker guilds to clear content by being over the intended level for the raid by 5 or so levels. That way raids aren't nerfed for the top guilds and the lesser guilds just do them later and at a higher level. This, in my opinion, is a far superior system.

TL;DR
    Don't design raids / encounters until class balance is complete across the board (going forward in the future) unless it's a fight that any class can fulfill any role for. Don't make changes to classes without also keeping current raids in mind while making said changes.

I think any nerfs are welcome at this point, but I don't think the other 2 bosses outside of commander really needed one. The issue with commander is that the averages have gone down significantly across the board and this is especially true for the average player and while it's true that certain specs can still do over 1.3mil if played well and appropriately over/greared, it's the average players who currently make up the majority of the playerbase right now. Nerfing the content after so many months after having the majority of raiders hit high dps walls that they couldn't climb over has never really been ideal which is why I prefer and still think that the 3 difficulty raids were far more ideal from Nightmare Tide. Comet of Ahnket specifically so that everyone at any level can enjoy it while still being able to clear it at their own level.

There's quite a few issues (and yes, that does include playing the right specs) that I've been seeing after the balance changes were done:

Nb/Sabs - It seems like rogue is the most played class as I typically see more rogues in a raid than anything else, but too many of them played the 1-2 button version and never played it well enough to even meet the checks on commander burns. I'm not saying it's not possible as I have seen a few that did over 1mil Single Target, but for the most part it was almost always under 900k and that's usually the bare minimum requirement to kill her depending on the group setup. Now that it's gone, a lot of rogues don't know how to play 61 NB or 61 MM even though both are really easy.

Chantions - Again, too much reliance on them as tank healers, spot healers, extra rezzes and extra damage to help make up the the difference on commander. Now that they're not really as good / used anymore, I've been finding it difficult to get other people to tank heal because they're just not very good at it and can't keep the tanks up even with proper cooldown rotations.

As a side note to highlight the reliance on this spec - After I couldn't field enough for my own guild runs anymore I started running with another well known group that made all of their warriors play chantion for azranel and spot heal runners which I never did in my own groups. The second that chantion got nerfed and warriors had to play something else, they spent almost 2 hours wiping on azranel because people couldn't run which just baffled and frustrated me... as well as everyone else there.

Encounter Design / Balance
    This is why it's always been important to keep the class balance ongoing. The first phase of the fight was heavily designed around cleave damage, but for the longest time, broken chantions, rogues and shamans were the only classes that actually got reliable cleave, but depending on your guild, group makeup ect, it wasn't always possible to have those specific classes and even if you did (especially now) most people don't know how to properly cleave. This leads to a lot of tank deaths because you have all 3 sets of adds + the boss hitting the tanks or occasionally picking off of healer because of target caps. The only save is that some tank souls have passive healing threat to help snap aggro them up before healers get hit.

The previous Class Dev ended up capping targets down to 3 for most AoE abilities which makes it that much harder to have other classes help out while still providing the single target dps needed to complete the rest of the fight. I think rolling those target caps back would help with specs like Reaver and Riftblade for warrior now that chantion isn't as useful. Rightfully so.

RNG
    Outside of the things mentioned above, the #1 reason I see tanks dying is the amount of RNG you have in the second phase while fighting commander. Whether you're doing the ranged or melee fight, unless you get lucky where the mines drop somewhat further away from the tank and also don't get canon blast at the same time you're getting hit by mines, then you're pretty much always going to die regardless of cooldown rotations and healers. Not everyone is going to have the amount of health needed to live through that kind of damage until you're already wearing the gear you're there for in the first place.
    Last edited by Holyroller12; 08-08-2018 at 02:00 PM.

(70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Gamigo's Acqisition of Trion Words: Everything we know so far

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Kugelschreiber View Post
    I really would wish that they bring a hardmode at the same time as the nerf, even it is a "lazy" hardmode with a raidwide +x%hp/damage buff to bosses, so that the remaining raiding guilds have something to do..
    Look at the BoS clears prior to nerfs. It was MUCH higher because players were bringing alts and guildie alts to raid. I think it will go back to that. In fact I have raided with a number of guilds who even after prime was introduced had up to three BoS clears a week in all three guilds and after the nerfs they were doing 3/3 and 1/3.

Champion

Anybody gone to see the extent of the nerf yet? We will try to get there Tuesday night.

Rift Disciple

Prime PTS:

Where can I buy the T2 synergy crystals?

Rift Disciple

tbh, the values of 2nd and 3rd are fine, no nerfs are "needed" but its welcomed.

Thing is the mine rng on 2nd is just too random like mentioned above. Even if you have tank with 800k+ hp and mitigations on them , they are gonna die regardless with 5 or 6 mines and/or cannonblast depends on your strat.

Hardmode is welcomed since there's no content whatsoever beyond BOS. Adding HM is just providing some stuff for the players to do while the devs are making new things.

Sidenote, no offense to whoever says pyro is the worst spec for mages, either your mage isn't playing it right or you haven't seen a real pyro.
    Cileriqao@Greybriar <Kairos>

Plane Walker

I just tried doing Titan X with clerics and warrior dps this week. It was a mess without having cleave capable specs. They need buffs from range. Just so you can see the bigger picture other classes are doing more than 2x the AE damage of these classes from max range specs while also bringing incredible ST damage that is better or comparable than the top range ST of warrior or cleric classes. They have built in passive cleaves or better AE in general. Cleric/Warrior have nothing that can reach those AE/Cleave numbers from pure range specs while maintaining competitive ST. We did not have an RB but RB isn't really pure range class.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-13-2018 at 09:49 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast