+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A Few Soul Tweaks

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    If a certain player in your raid team is holding you back, then simply dont invite them, the game isnt that dead (yet) that you cant find a single person to fill for the trash tier rogue who onetricks NB
    Last expansion it was the same with NB/SIN being the absolute most played spec. I guess you are just sick of NB/xx being overly played. They will always be good because it is is hybrid range/melee and AoE passive cleave spec with top damage. Rogues have been saying they can't interrupt/purge since 2014. I don't think it is bad idea for them to finally join other classes in handling raid mechanics after so long as a sort of melee class. Other classes don't really have options like this.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-13-2018 at 10:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Last expansion it was the same with NB/SIN being the absolute most played spec. I guess you are just sick of NB/xx being overly played. They will always be good because it is is hybrid range/melee and AoE passive cleave spec with top damage. Rogues have been saying they can't interrupt/purge since 2014. I don't think it is bad idea for them to finally join other classes in handling raid mechanics after so long as a sort of melee class. Other classes don't really have options like this.

If your raid team is adamant on making the rogue interrupt and he refuses to go MM then Shadeborn has an interrupt 8 points into the tree, you only lose Satchel (so no extra procs but that doesn't really matter too much until Titan spawns) and a 30m builder (Frag Bomb) but there aren't any fights where you're going to be 30m away.

Interrupts dont really matter anywhere else, the tank can solo int Beruhast/Council

Or they can just take the time to learn MM. They could even macro it to make it easier than NB and still do virtually the same dps

I'd much rather HFB be changed into a ST ability (with no passive cleave) and make BD or Assassin top again, NB is pretty boring.
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-13-2018 at 10:37 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Valavus View Post
    Just had to ask, are you possibly reworking Pyro? If not, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, this 2-piece set bonus is a horrid dps loss in it's current iteration. Great to see purple names on the forums though, hope you are settling in well over at the offices.
    Any update on this?

As stated in feedback, this is not a positive change for the Nyx 2-piece bonus, it does not add any value and may detract from gameplay.

I'm hoping the devs are taking on board the suggestions and feedback from these pts forums.

Ascendant

If your raid team is adamant on making the rogue interrupt and he refuses to go MM then...
    They should have one if NB is going to be that way. I think other classes need more revamps than this class. They do well in all current content.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-13-2018 at 09:27 PM.

I don't think anyone should be forced to play a spec they are not comfortable with. While yes I agree that people should learn to play more than one spec (I absolutely hate people that come to raid with only one spec). You shouldn't have to sacrifice dps just to gain access to an interrupt or a purge while other classes get one or both in their good spec.

These should be available to all classes similar to the res. I would say add something like a mastery that is available at level 1 giving us a choice between an interrupt or a purge.

Currently Warrior only gets a purge in VK and BM. In both souls it's really high in the tree and it only removes 1 buff except for Spell Destruction that purges several times over 3 seconds. BM is only useful if melee is an option and VK if you are the tank. On the other hand, the only souls that don't have an interrupt are the two healing souls and Beastmaster.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Plane Walker

Interrupts dont really matter anywhere else, the tank can solo int Beruhast/Council.
    Rogue and Mage for most part of this and many parts of last expansion have had extremely viable specs in terms of dps and functionality that did not have interrupts and were basically one button specs. You will eventually see the impact more on prime than on live.

The fact the devs made them have such a high dps and functionality and ease of play with having the luxury to say they can't interrupt or purge is absolutely appalling because classes that were forced to do the interrupts especially in this expansion to cater to the rogues and mages actually are crippled for using those interrupts. You may not know that because all you do is play rogue.

For instance, take a look at cleric. Cleric has to basically predict an incoming interrupt between all the cast times and channels of inquisitor because of the cast time delay. Yes even if you add stopcasting macro there is a .4/.5 delay which is made worse with having a medium to high ping and inquisitor is far from a one button spec as well. It also has randomly broken or stuck cast time bars and reactives. And druid top damaging ability gets consumed by all utility abilities which is millions of damage loss for using any sort of utility during its highest damage block.

I am glad they buff MM to be decent but that doesn't mean all rogues will prefer to play MM and they shouldn't. They refuse to fix Cleric(been around 2 years since they have asked for certain changes like sacrifice to life abilities consuming 50% of their life instead of 15% and consuming Legendary damage buffs like for instance a buff that buffs your next ability by 20% damage or it gets eaten by a purge or interrupt that does ZERO damage so it actually buffs 0 damage abilities that do 0 damage by 20% and 20% of 0 is ZERO etc.) Don't ask me why they trolled this class.

All classes should have to deal with raid mechanics. Rogue and mages should have their viable melee and range specs with an interrupt. And Warrior should also be able to purge.

You can maybe get an anuerysm if you play cleric. From looking at all the bugs and functionality that breaks that class in dps, healing and support roles you would possibly go a bit crazy.It comes down to players of other class asking for buffs to utility of classes that lack it so they don't have to deal with it because the bugs and broken mechanics of their own are being mostly ignored. Don't really know why you are against that. I am sure Doms and Cabs are sick of being used as utility bots for the last 7 years too. If anything that needs to be changed about rogues and other classes it is this. That is really what many of the martial classes are missing and I can understand that it is "not fun" for many players but if they allow all class to have viable utility specs at least it will not only be one or two classes responsibility any longer and players who are more comfortable doing those mechanics can do them regardless of any class they play.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-24-2018 at 02:31 AM.

Seems the Warrior changes went live at some point. Didn't see anything in patch notes. Not sure about any changes for other classes.

Tempest got a small boost. Still behind Reaver. Still 1 button. Eternal still needs changing. Icy and Turn the Blade still need changing.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Telaran

nothing changed here, but it would be nice if they can fix brutish crystal that will help alot with the one button specs

General of Telara

Anything happening on the balance changes front?

The icy burst problem still needs attention. Paragon and Warlord should not be forced into spamming it for their finishers.

Auto attack dual wielding is still a problem with legendary Icy burst. Warriors are forced to dual wield - please fix.

Defiler/Caba and possibly Druid needs attention for cleric
    Blademaster/Assassin needs attention for Rogue
    Stormcaller and maybe necro/lock? needs attention forr mage.
    No idea for primalists.

Eternals being changed soon? just remove the procs and bring up numbers/nerf boss hp from there.

Come back Din Othar!

Ascendant

Clerics will usually opt to lose all benefits granted by the various other level 62 masteries just to make fervent strike into a range ability which equates to lower healing, absorbs, DPS from lower Crit chance etc. A simple change would be to change it to a range ability or buff when it becomes selected for a legendary. An extensive change would be to reduce the reliance on that one ability and scale each soul to be competitive without requiring it.

I would also consider some QoL changes to souls that are lacking in cleave/AE options so they also have their particular benefits when you bring them to raid. For example, if you have a soul that has very bad cleave or AE it should excel more at ST than a soul which can allow both options especially if these souls can be played from range.

I also think it is important to provide souls with usable utility so that the job is not on one classes shoulders. A good change would be elementalist gets an interrupt, Warrior get a purge in dps specs. Maybe even NB even gets an interrupt etc.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 09-24-2018 at 06:02 PM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Clerics will usually opt to lose all benefits granted by the various other level 62 masteries just to make fervent strike into a range ability which equates to lower healing, absorbs, DPS from lower Crit chance etc. A simple change would be to change it to a range ability or buff when it becomes selected for a legendary..
    I'd be 100% on board with this. Playing Inquisitor in mele just feels completely silly, but that's what we're forced to do currently to avoid a pretty substantial DPS hit.
    Last edited by Skiye; 09-24-2018 at 07:37 PM.
    Sepelio@wolfsbane | Stabbytha@wolfsbane | Gunsho@wolfsbane | Stelatrix@wolfsbane | Sidereus@wolfsbane | Skye@Vigil

I'm an old fart. Get off my lawn! <Old Farts>@Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Default I'm happy

nice, nice, nice - somthing happens. A dev ist communicating..... I take hope again.

Telaran

Well it was a short one and after that it was alot of silence, so there is probebly no hope

Arent we supposed to get some more class changes on September ? Did we ever get them ? Whats going on ?

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Arent we supposed to get some more class changes on September ? Did we ever get them ? Whats going on ?
    We were, but just like our good old Trion, they probably delayed it..... again. Didn't really expect them to actually keep their Word on that since they're probably aiming to release all the stuff togheter in a huge patch along with the new rehashed raid coming up (soon).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast