+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A Few Soul Tweaks

General of Telara

Thanks man.

Have you had a chance to look at this thread by any chance? Shamelessly plugging my own suggestions but also the other guys througout the thread have some really good sugestions for various classes and souls.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Tempered Steel View Post
    Yeah I don't want to be misunderstood here, and I would like it if a vague statement doesn't create unintended drama.

First, please note I'm speaking as a rogue on Prime. I have no expertise with how these fixes impacted Live rogues.

However, on Prime, the scatter fix reduced Rogue dps to a level that is under any other raid-level dps spec for other class souls. Rogues are not quite in the position that Warriors were at the start of prime, but the reduction was significant enough that some guilds will not bring rogues or will cap rogues (edit: cap them extremely low, I edited to specify this so you don't think I'm suggesting that you should be free to, or need to, run a 20 man raid composition with 15 rogues) for current end game content. Other guilds will allow them to come but must heavily modify entire strategies to allow Rogues to use their one viable raid DPS spec at the moment, which is Bladedancer. And even in Bladedancer, skilled rogues post lower single target and lower AE than every other class. Please do not take my word on this, look through the prancing turtle data from post-fix end game raids, or please PM me and get with me on Vigil and I will show you.

I'm not even asking for changes to Sab, I would love to see other Rogue DPS souls brought to parity with the other classes. Shadeborn, Ranger, MM, Tactician, Bladedancer, Assassin, NIghtblade, all could use some love for Prime. When comparing role to role for DPS purposes, Rogues shouldn't be less than equal to other classes just like Warriors shouldn't have been.

Doing buffs to rogue at level 50 could potentially break them at level 60. Alot of the rogue souls rely on abilities currently not within reach at level 50. i.e level 54/58/61 point abilities.
    Assassin misses out on it's strongest poison, Malicious, and Master of Poisons(use 3 instead of 2 poisons)
    Nightblade misses out on Ebon Blades(5% more damage per stack up to 3 stacks taken by the target) and Dark Descent.
    Marksman misses out on Sentry Battery, Static Shock munitions and free recoil.
    Ranger doesn't have Multiple Instincts, Twin shot and animalism.
    Even BD misses out on Fated Blades, Binary and Double Strike.

3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #18

Default Not yet

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Thanks man.

Have you had a chance to look at this thread by any chance? Shamelessly plugging my own suggestions but also the other guys througout the thread have some really good sugestions for various classes and souls.
    Not yet. Please keep in mind I am learning, so big changes will take a bit, and obviously some changes will not happen.

Thanks for pointing me to the thread.

Din O
    Last edited by Din Othar; 08-01-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Din Othar View Post
    Not yet. Please keep in mind I am learning, so big changes will take a bit, and obviously some changes will not happen.

Thanks for pointing me to the thread.

Din O
    One of the things that is still a concern is how well Warriors can deal damage while healing. It is still the best at doing that and it can prevent them from ever transferring back to a pure dps because no one can replace the dps they do as healers. For instance, in Bastion of Steel having two chanters on second boss can be similar to adding 1 full dps to your party which helps to hit harsh DPS checks of bosses. Not having them is like losing 1Million+ DPS.

This is also a good thread. http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...abilities.html
    Last edited by Aedynn; 08-01-2018 at 01:04 PM.

Both Paragon and Tempest are looking a lot better. Still a few more tweaks needed. Icy Burst is still the better finisher in place of Skyfall and Reaping Harvest.

Chain Pulse is a better option than Skyfall as it procs Double Pulse. Make Skyfall count as a pulse, this way it can benefit from various skills in the tree as well. Giving it a boost with enough points spent in Tempest.

Good to see Arc and Shifting Blades working correctly.

Keep up the good Work!
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    One of the things that is still a concern is how well Warriors can deal damage while healing. It is still the best at doing that and it can prevent them from ever transferring back to a pure dps because no one can replace the dps they do as healers. For instance, in Bastion of Steel having two chanters on second boss can be similar to adding 1 full dps to your party which helps to hit harsh DPS checks of bosses. Not having them is like losing 1Million+ DPS.
    If you're using 2 chanters on 2nd boss, you're not doing max dps on the boss and it's not even close While I do agree that the chantion spec still does too much dmg for how much healing it does, a "real" dps warrior will do 3-4 times as much pure boss dmg on Iziel.

Soulwalker

• Warrior: Paragon – Increased the bonus Shifting Blades receives from points spent in the Paragon soul.
    • Warrior: Tempest – Increase the bonus Arc receives from points spent in the Tempest soul.
    In the newest PTS patch these 2 are working now with accurate math!

Actually those changes may bring back Tempagon. Did they take away the shared state of Arc and Shifting? You know the spec that was getting over 50 KBs and incredible KB steaks and needed to be nerf back in SL?
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-02-2018 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    Actually those changes may bring back Tempagon. Did they take away the shared state of Arc and Shifting? You know the spec that was getting over 50 KBs and incredible KB steaks and needed to be nerf back in SL?
    Nope, they still share a cooldown. The only reason Tempagon worked was because both abilities gave full benefit as soon as they were unlocked. I don't see Tempagon coming back anytime soon.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Hi all,

Thanks again for catching some issues. I hope to update PTS tomorrow with the following fixes.

• Item - Fixed an issue where the 2 piece bonus of Nyx’s Pyromancer Crystal was not correctly reducing the cooldown time of Flame Bolt.
    • Warrior: Tempest - Updated the additional damage proc from Electricity Cascade. The extra damage is now based on the Warrior’s Attack Power only and the tooltip is now accurate for the damage being done.
    • Warrior: Beastmaster – Fixed an issue where Legendary Vicious Opportunity was still removing DoT effects.
    • Updated the basic description for the Benefactor preset.

Also thanks for input on other souls and abilities for me to look at.

Din O
    Just had to ask, are you possibly reworking Pyro? If not, as someone else mentioned earlier in the thread, this 2-piece set bonus is a horrid dps loss in it's current iteration. Great to see purple names on the forums though, hope you are settling in well over at the offices.
    Lasthope - Cleric
    Newhope - Salty Healing Mage Re-roll
    <Ready Check>
    Prime Progress: GSB 5/5 RoS 4/4 RotP 4/4

I don't know if you are taking recommendations. I would like to add that I think rogue should finally get an interrupt in NB. It seems they are still loving that spec. It puts pressure on other classes when they can tell you they don't have interrupts and can ignore raid wipe mechanics. They have been saying this since the release of IROTP. That is a very long time! And according to recent parses many rogues still play NB over MM because of better dps.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 08-13-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flashmemory View Post
    I don't know if you are taking recommendations. I would like to add that I think rogue should finally get an interrupt in NB. It seems they are still loving that spec. It puts pressure on other classes when they can tell you they don't have interrupts and can ignore raid wipe mechanics. They have been saying this since the release of IROTP. That is a very long time! And according to recent parses many rogues still play NB over MM because of better dps.
    No, just tell your rogues to learn MM, the dps between the two is very close (or just replace them)
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-13-2018 at 04:10 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Isp
    General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    (or just replace them)
    Good joke
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Good joke
    If a certain player in your raid team is holding you back, then simply dont invite them, the game isnt that dead (yet) that you cant find a single person to fill for the trash tier rogue who onetricks NB
    Last edited by Maltie; 08-13-2018 at 04:18 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar]

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzito View Post
    its actually 4 buttons. Let me know when you learn how to rogue

Xly
    Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Maltie View Post
    If a certain player in your raid team is holding you back, then simply dont invite them, the game isnt that dead (yet) that you cant find a single person to fill for the trash tier rogue who onetricks NB
    Weeeell... took us 40 minutes on a Sunday evening, at 8 PM, to fill one slot for BoS Clear...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast