+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Learan View Post
    For Warlock would it be possible to get Radiate Death changed so it spreads to 4 enemies instead of 2?
    I have to add my input here. It's quite confusing why the cleave on some specs was reduced to three targets while other specs can cleave like crazy and still do significant single target numbers

*cough* Nightblade *cough*

Reaver comes to mind, while it was OP at first without the damage penalty on plague bringer. The aoe damage was significantly reduced and then it was reduced to three targets. Five targets makes more sense or allow ALL abilities to hit the three targets with a 50% damage penalty.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Default 4.5 changes

As we didn't get a chance to test a lot of the changes before going to live, I've been testing different variations for a lot of the specs since the patch went live and I really hope there are more changes to follow.

So far I've found Riftblade to be the highest followed closely by Reaver. Warlord and Paragon aren't too far behind Riftblade but both should be ahead since Riftblade has way better cleave.

Tempest
    Tempest is significantly behind Reaver. I know it's suppose to be bursty but Reaver bursts higher and sustains better. Tempest is about 300k behind, could be less as I don't have the most optimal spec/rotation yet but you can tell from the burst that it's only going to go downhill from there. Some suggestions as follows:
    - Buff Charged pulse slightly
    - Buff Arc high in the tree, its damage is insignificant
    - Buff Electricity Cascade, it's not worth casting OR
    - Make Electricity Cascade a builder that doesn't consume ARC since we have too many finishers already.
    - Buff Skyfall high in the tree, maybe have it count as a pulse
    - Reduce cooldown on Lightning Torrent OR
    - Increase the damage bonus Legendary Lightning Torrent provides

Paragon
    Paragon needs a small boost to put it ahead of Riftblade and be comparable to other single target specs.
    - I suggest buffing Shifting Blades high in the tree.
    - Buff Rising Waterfall's bonus damage slightly.
    - Increase Alacrity's duration so we can try make use of other finishers
    - Legendary Flurry's damage boost should be increased to 150% to even consider taking it over something else. Either that or the ability itself needs to do a lot more damage.
    - Make Sweeping blades useful plox

Warlord
    Glad to see Piercing Thrust was fixed, thank you for that. However, the only reason this spec can even compare is thanks to icy burst. It needs a finisher that's too good to give up. Maybe make A Quick Death consume attack points as there's no real reason to use Killing Field or Breaking Blow apart from shatter. Warlord overall can use a small boost to make it comparable to Riftblade.

Sword of Telara

Like Waseem2K said I hope there are more changes coming soon. Just to add to some of the warrior suggestions:

I wish Warrior in general had some more decision based gameplay rather than set rotations repeated to delirium.

Warlord:
    - Piercing thrust needs its BASE damage increased.
    - Buff backhand damage by ~25%
    - buff the BASE damage of Breaking Blow
    - Revert the Executioner change or make it Prime only.
    - Increase Damage of Killing Field by 100% - This should be a big finisher to do big damage. Possibly increase cd.
    - Buff BASE damage of "A Quick Death", increase the base threshold to 40-50% and remove it's legendary.
    - Add new Legendary "Piercing Thrust" - Using a 3 attack power ST PHYSICAL finisher within 6 seconds of an empowered Piercing Thrust (i.e. one used after a finisher) increases its damage by 150%

Paragon:
    - Increase "Swift Finnese" damage to 50%
    - Increase base damage of "Open the Stream" - add "ticks of this ability have a chance to reset the cd of flurry"
    -Increase Base Damage of flurry by 200% - increase cd to a minute or more because of unleashed legendary.
    - Remove legendary Flurry.
    - Add Legendary "Final Blessing" - Base damage increased by 50% + the same effect as legendary rising Waterfall. - This might seem OP if you take both but you can only take 3 legendaries so would have to drop "unleashed" or "Alacrity". Decisions are fun.

RiftBlade:
    - Riftstrike damage increased by 50%.
    - Scald damage scaled to points spent in tree rather than flat values.
    - firey burst damage increased by 50%.
    - Avatar of flame: Change this ability to damage anything that damages you i.e. a hit by an aoe from a boss or mob. increase chance to proc.
    - Legendary "Flamespear": Old effect removed. Ability is just straight up increased by 150% damage.
    - Legendary "Icy Burst - Old effect removed. Now "causes water damage each time a non finisher ability strikes (not auto attacks) the target". Might have to buff the damage.
    - Legendary "Blade of the Ascended" Old effect removed. Now: "40% Chance when hitting a target with ST abilities to cause Rift Strike to have no cooldown for 7 seconds (internal CD appropriate)
    Last edited by Balidin; Yesterday at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    snip
    I like most of your suggestions but I feel like some of them would be best left until a new expansion is released. However, there are some things that need immediate attention.

Killing Field definitely needs an increase. I would say it's duration should be increased along with it's cooldown. 15s duration for a minute cooldown that does a significant amount of damage to up to 5 targets.

Flurry does need to be buffed, it used to be a dps boost to use flurry for a couple ticks then a follow up but the full channel has never been worth using. Maybe give this an aoe effect or at least double it's damage so it's worth casting. The latest addition to this ability was a good start. If it's bonus damage was increased further, then it might be worth taking over another legendary.

Reaping Harvest needs to be buffed, it's damage isn't high enough and relies way too much on crits. This should be worth using over Icy Burst.

Open the Stream damage needs to be boosted.

I agree with Scald scaling with points spent. I feel like Icy Burst needs the same effect. 2 points in Riftblade should not give a significant dps increase.

Maybe have Legendary Icy Bursts damage increase with each tick similar to that Primalist dot (I can't remember it's name).

Get rid of all the Auto Attack integration from Riftblade!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Maybe have Legendary Icy Bursts damage increase with each tick similar to that Primalist dot (I can't remember it's name).
    It could be good for warrior to have Icy Bursts damage like our dot (i suppose you mean Fury Blast) but i hope it won't happens , as primalist we are being stuck with this spell cause it deal way too much damage with all the multiplier it get. So every spec need to have it in order to become viable. Being stuck with only 1 spec isn't fun at all , i suppose you saw that with the chantion spec as warrior.

I wait too for more change , but for primalist class. The Molten Wave / Fury Blast combo need to change , as well as Scything strike and Rage of the beast , to promote build diversity in raid and not only 1 dps build.

Molten wave need to have a higher point requirment in vulca in order to take it , so you can't take it with only 4 points, or 8 for double legendary , and combo it with Fury blast.

Fury Blast need to have it's damage down a little bit if the multiplier spell we have change. If scything strike or rage of the beast dont change, this spell need a rework it's too powerfull pair with everything.

Scything strike shouldn't proc and give a stupid amount of damage boost , the boost should be here only for the manual cast, or a proc like cleric one , only damage side , and buff it's damage as proc.Like insigna of blood.

And Rage of the beast should only buff Primal lord abilities not everything. And maybe buffing Primal lord ability more than it is now , so Primal lord can be a viable spec for raiding.

Also Scald , having 1.5sec cast time as legendary feel weird for some specs and 2 stack is kinda meh. Make it like the pyro firestorm, buffing all elemental damage (by 20% down from 30%) but with 1 stack and instant cast , no aoe nothing only a debuff, so we can fit it in more spec without feeling weird casting it.

And buff others spec too, atm primalist only have Primal Lord hybrid and Vulcanist viable for raiding.

It's only my point of view, what i don't like in this class i main since it was release.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    Snip
    Excoriate is the dot I was thinking of. No I don't want it to be that. My main point is to eliminate 1pt Icy spam.

My idea follows along with Balidin's Scald idea. Icy should only be a better option if you are higher up in the Riftblade tree. Instead of free bonus damage on auto attacks. A 3 pt finisher gives you a buff that causes the next X number of attacks to trigger a bonus hit, these hits increase in damage but reset if you cast Icy Burst again. This would make it so 1pt Icy's do a lot less damage.

In Paragon, Rising Waterfall procs Way of the Wind. Legendary Waterfall can trigger an additional 3 times. During Alacrity, Rising Waterfall can trigger 3 times. With perfect rng, that is 12 hits that trigger Way of the Wind. That is a lot of damage. Because Reaping Harvest is just a simple finisher, it is often better to just spam Rising Waterfall. Icy Burst fills in as a finisher that that essentially does free damage and we can trigger it multiple times because Paragon has a 1s gcd. If Reaping Harvest did more damage and triggered Way of the WInd, it would make no sense to spam Icy Burst.

Tempest has a similar issue. Skyfall has never been worth using. Cascade doesn't do a whole lot of damage and Arc is next to useless now that Sergeant's Order is gone. Since all pulses proc Double Pulse and Double Pulse was buffed. It's not even worth using any of Tempest's finishers. So again we have Icy Burst that fills in. No GCD, free damage.

Warlord has the same issue. Haven't played BM in a long time but looking at Hyung's breakdown, same issue.

Reaver is the only spec that seems to work well. Dire Blow hits like a truck because damage increases for each Reaver Dot. Beastmaster has a similar effect.

Maybe add something similar to other specs. Open the Stream causes Reaping Harvest to hit 50% harder. Electricity Cascade causes Skyfall to hit 100% harder.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    Excoriate is the dot I was thinking of. No I don't want it to be that. My main point is to eliminate 1pt Icy spam.
    Ok i see. Yes excoriate is the best dot primalist have in my opinion (shame 31 maelstrom is not viable ) , start as very low damage and end at huge ticks , that's what make it cool and the most important you can't spam it.
    Lot's of abilities need to change for something similar , so it will reduced the amount of 1 button spec and bring back skill based gameplay not just braindead macro spaming.

I understand your point for Icy Burst , lot's of abilities in the game should work with a damage penality , and the more point you take into this ability's souls , the less the damage penality is.Something like chloromancer with his Veils.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8