+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018

Shadowlander Madarablackgetsuga's Avatar

Quick feedback:
    Removing Legend: Sergeant's Order and making Legendary Tactics:
    Removing Sergeant's Order is a good move. However this ability was and still is extremely key to warrior DPS in every aspect as this made specs like Tempest and Reaver, and most of the Warchanter hybrids to work, the new Legendary Tactics needs to be bolstered enough to equate this being removed

Double Pulse Legendary being changed:
    This was a bad move, the current Double Pulse legendary is what made Tempest work and its burst decent. This put Tempest which was already very underwhelming and needing bolstered into the floor.

New Flamespear: This is proccing from what it seems off of other procs and is causing the same issue as Chantion and other Warchanter hybrids, i suggest looking deeper into this

Now my two cents. What this seems is not fixing the current issues with Warrior and instead replacing those issues with new ones and tanking Warrior even further than what it is. Removing Sergeant's Order made it so we arenít shoehorned into one legendary, but 3 legends that need their numbers tweaked dramatically from what it is now (Legendary Tactics). Nerfing Tempest (Legendary Double Pulse) is not at all needed as right now it is Warriors only competitive and viable ranged spec with Reaver being okay, but no where near as Tempest. In my own testing i saw my Tempest tank its damage by 1.1 million DPS and doing nothing else out of the norm. And switching my rotation to fit more in line with the new Double Pulse was even worse loss. Legendary Flamespear as it was posted is a glorified new version of the Warchanter issues as it now.
    Youtube > https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCGO...WcpRW6vGvKGOhw < Rift Lets Play and other Rift Content!

Rift Disciple

Don't know why mages are secretly getting nerfed.

Harb's Luminous weapon no longer getting buffed by eternal:

- harb was a bit useful for some raid situation with L.reaper getting a 2nd weapon slot and eternal buff luminous(and it was the only one that could get eternal buffed). Now it's literally non-competitive besides solo open world and/or pvp.

Live Harb AE: (AE to showcase the use of eternal'd Luminous)
    PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-live-harb-ae.jpg

Live Luminous breakdown:
    PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-live-luminous.jpg

PTS Harb AE:
    PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-pts-harb-ae.jpg

PTS Luminous breakdown:
    PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-pts-harb-luminous.jpg

-----------------------------------------------------

Necro's Condemn no longer getting buffed by eternal:
    - I really don't know why trion made this decision. Necro already being non-competitive and not useful at all in every aspects except one boss , and people don't use it now cause the chantion can do the same thing.

- with T2 decked out mages , necro could do 1.1mil with L.condemn. Now on pts, without the condemn getting benefit from eternal. It drops to sub 900k.

As for the the new legendary. Perhaps it's just me doing things wrong. But the new L.desecrate is hitting less than pet's ability.

Live necro :
    PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-live-necro.jpg

PTS necro:
    PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-pts-necro.jpg
    So... care to explain why such a decision?
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 06-22-2018 at 07:16 PM.

Xly
    Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post

- harb was a bit useful for some raid situation with L.reaper getting a 2nd weapon slot and eternal buff luminous(and it was the only one that could get eternal buffed). Now it's literally non-competitive besides solo open world and/or pvp.
    So... the mage spec, that's not even used in Raids but only really for soloing has to be nerfed? I sure do hope that Hellfireblades and the Shaman weapon buffs get the axe as well - or Harb gets a 100% dmg buff elsewhere.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cileriqao View Post

I think the buffing of weapon enchantments by the Eternals was stopped because it led to unwanted side effects. For example, you could mentor yourself to a lower level and still had the enhanced weapon enchantment. You could see how this was abused at the low level NMT rifts to farm planarit. Of course, Trion could have just removed all buffs when mentoring down, but I think that would have led to problems with the automentoring system on the prime server.

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatrix View Post
    This is a good thread for feedback.

We have no plans to announce who is working on class abilities.
    Well It's definitely not Roughraptors because I don't see Blood Fever anywhere :P

This being kept a secret may actually be a good thing, it should reduce finger pointing towards specific devs.

Whoever the devs are, they are doing an excellent job with these changes. For the first time in a very long time I feel like actual thought is being put into the work. Almost all of the changes are headed in a good direction. Sergeant's Order and Punishing Blow changes were long overdue. I can go on and on.

Though there are still a few things left that need to fixed and don't worry I have a very long post with feedback on it's way. This post is mainly to thank the devs for putting in some effort and I really hope all of the classes get similar work done to them.

PS: Please don't release another expansion right after all the souls have been balanced >.<
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Soulwalker

just a small hint: german version

PTS PATCH NOTES 6/20/2018-51309.jpg

also, the eternal proc effect on infection and essence link are both gone on necro additionally to the missing proc effect on codemn which has been mentioned before already

Sword of Telara

Really struggling to get a pure (no RB finisher shennanigans) 61 point warlord build anywhere near a million dps. I spiked near 900k but its generally less than that.

The Armour Penetration from "Legendary Breaking blow" is really difficult to tell if it's even having any effect due to general variance in attacks anyway. If it is working its barely noteworthy. Also the tooltip describes the attack as "causing a number of attacks... by 10%" where as further down it states that the armour pen scales with attack points used. The amour pen doesn't change with attack points that I can see. Killing field is consuming it also.

Piercing Thrust really needs to hit harder. Before the stacking changes it would hit 1million+ but is now below that. I would suggest buffing it's base damage so the numerous % multipliers in the tree have a greater effect.

Sword of Telara

Oh and the patch last night seems to have fixed the flamespear issue.

Legendary tactics is a bit buggy and sometimes gets in a funny state and doesnt want to work requiring a spec change to fix.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post
    I think the buffing of weapon enchantments by the Eternals was stopped because it led to unwanted side effects.
    So rogue's and cleric's weapon buffs also no longer benefit from eternal proc ?
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    So rogue's and cleric's weapon buffs also no longer benefit from eternal proc ?
    Yes, all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    So... the mage spec, that's not even used in Raids but only really for soloing has to be nerfed? I sure do hope that Hellfireblades and the Shaman weapon buffs get the axe as well - or Harb gets a 100% dmg buff elsewhere.

HFB hasn't been nerfed, probably because it doesn't count as a Weapon Enhancement.

--

I hope you're going to buff other aspects of the souls you nerfed otherwise we're literally forced to play a nerfed 61NB and thats all.
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-23-2018 at 05:36 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

A list of rogue abilities that have been nerfed/fixed (but still nerfs) that haven't actually been put into the patch notes.

• Fragmentation Sticky Bomb (fixed/now does less damage)
    • ALL Rogue Weapon Enhancements no longer benefit from the eternal buff.
    • Rapid Fire Shot has took a massive hit and now deals less than 1/3rd of its tooltip damage which now means BOTH Legendary Finishers deal LESS damage than their normal version and both are a dps loss to take now.s
    • Curative Remote no longer gets buffed by eternal (fix the tooltip to show this, as the tooltip is still being buffed by eternal)
    Last edited by Maltie; 06-23-2018 at 06:29 AM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Sword of Telara

It seems clearer than ever that they need to remove all of the eternal weapon procs and balance from there.

They were an interesting idea but they have just caused too many problems. Just remove them and buff the weapon's stats accordingly.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    It seems clearer than ever that they need to remove all of the eternal weapon procs and balance from there.

They were an interesting idea but they have just caused too many problems. Just remove them and buff the weapon's stats accordingly.
    Not sure adding more stats would help much if the eternal procs were removed entirety with stat caps in place.

I think the top end, final 2 eternal stages, are where the issues arise. 42k for warriors etc...

Maybe tone those high proc numbers down and up the base damage of some base abilities at 70.

My other concern is with all the nerfs, most raid bosses are tuned for the current DPS numbers. I hope some of those HP totals for Raid bosses will be dropping as well.
    Last edited by Skiye; 06-23-2018 at 06:04 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bamul View Post

I think the buffing of weapon enchantments by the Eternals was stopped because it led to unwanted side effects.
    still, essence link isnt a weapon enhancement either but a 60 sec buff triggering heals on pet attacks
    and infection was a buff causing a 70k dps on pet attacks too since it took the eternal bonus, without the infection is at 10~12k dps
    condemn is a stack burner causing 10 direct hits plus 10times 16 secs dot

not exactly what i call a weapon enhancement
    Last edited by Kikusohame; 06-23-2018 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikusohame View Post
    still, essence link isnt a weapon enhancement either but a 60 sec buff triggering heals on pet attacks
    and infection was a buff causing a 70k dps on pet attacks too since it took the eternal bonus, without the infection is at 10~12k dps
    condemn is a stack burner causing 10 direct hits plus 10times 16 secs dot

not exactly what i call a weapon enhancement
    Not too sure what you're trying to get at here?

Simple way of fixing HFB is to just make it hit one target instead of 3, then people cant complain about the cleave it does, rather than screaming for a nerf and gutting the one spec that we could still play in BoS. If HFB gets nerfed then we're forced into playing Bladedancer which only has Hundred Blades for disconnect ability, which is basically useless on Isiel unless people swap over to the Melee strat which is a lot more risky of mine RNG.
    Nixia@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast