+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Clowd

Thread: PTS Player Testing Incentives Program

Lightbulb PTS Player Testing Incentives Program

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    I posted this in another thread but I think it poses an idea that should be looked at as a separate thread as well

I am hoping this idea is considered seriously by the Trion Team and Rift Dev Team for its merit and potential benefit to the future survival of Rift

I not being very good at soul and raid testing feedback will not put too much input on what said incentives should be

as for when new content is added for bug testing i think more simplistic rewards might be appropriate for quest and achievement testing which is where I most often focus my attention, things like wardrobe, pets, and other cosmetics might go along way for us more casual testers but I will leave it to the raiding and dungeoneering elites to determine what they might find to be fair compensation for their time
    Last edited by Challengere; 05-15-2018 at 01:36 PM.

It's like you guys who tested GSB are a Champion of Omega or something
    Last edited by Clowd; 05-15-2018 at 04:49 PM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Want something focused completely on Rift? Then join us over at the Heroes of Telara Discord!
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Clowd View Post
    It's like you guys who tested GSB are a Champion of Omega or something
    slightly weak incentive overall but i am sure was great for getting a walkthrough with devs

players testing souls arn't out for a walk with a dev they are taking their play time to test dummies and parsing and crunching numbers and doing the math on contributing factors like buffs debuffs resists etc. that seems to deserve way more reward imo

bump......

Lightbulb

have you guys ever considered it costs you nothing to simply reward the players on Live or Prime with goodies like premium scaling mounts, companion pets a little more grandios than others, exclusive high end minion cards, exclusive elaborate wardrobe, exclusive dimensions, bonus IRC, bonuses to exp, currencies and noteriety, bonus convenience skills similar to the patron abilities etc

Rift Disciple

Default my thoughts

I am much older than most of you all so I remember the days when beta testing software or games used to have some form of incentive as a reward... for example, a free copy of the game, program (and yes even operating system) when the testing was over and things went to GA (General Audience). since rift is ftp, that incentive can never be given out. maybe so many months of patron for being a tester would be appropriate.

For myself in general, having beta tested since the windows 95 days, when the industry as a whole stopped the incentives (and in many cases actually charged you to beta test for them) i swore to never buy into the new schemes. My time is worth something more than just "being there" and i dont "work" for free for anyone.

+ Reply to Thread