+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PTS Prime - Buffs/Nerfs

Telaran

Default PTS Prime - Buffs/Nerfs

Now that we've seen a lot of the kinks get ironed out in terms of bugged abilities and combat calculation changes is there a timeline for buff/nerf changes to souls?

I know for warriors in particular this is an important issue.
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-09-2018 at 07:50 AM.
    Strix @Vigil

Soulwalker

Warriors are so far behind... Like at least 500 DPS behind an equally geared sab or MA.

It won't hurt ANYTHING if you just push these changes through... Please.

Rift Disciple

It is way to late for warriors. Also the last few round of buffs and nerfs it only made the situation worser and worser for us. Will not be different with this round of 'balances'. Somme of the buffs for level 50 are direct nerfs on level 70. Damage on the live servers depends on the proc you have. If you no longer get the proc or later you loose way more damage then you gain from the few buffs they throw at us. Damm, they even make some nasty unwanted situation that we loose most of our burst dps because the proc is coming later which break our rotation we have. I will not be surprised when they nerf warchanter and the buffs they thought will bring us on line will not work. We will be left then with no useable soul for raids.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    It is way to late for warriors. Also the last few round of buffs and nerfs it only made the situation worser and worser for us. Will not be different with this round of 'balances'. Somme of the buffs for level 50 are direct nerfs on level 70. Damage on the live servers depends on the proc you have. If you no longer get the proc or later you loose way more damage then you gain from the few buffs they throw at us. Damm, they even make some nasty unwanted situation that we loose most of our burst dps because the proc is coming later which break our rotation we have. I will not be surprised when they nerf warchanter and the buffs they thought will bring us on line will not work. We will be left then with no useable soul for raids.

Arbosch Bloodforge
    I'm not sure how much attention you've actually been paying to PTS changes but there really haven't been any nerfs/buffs yet. Most of the changes made were to fix bugged abilities or bad interactions due to combat calculations on prime specifically. Of course this will result in a loss of damage if the bugged ability is causing you to get too many charges (in the case of RB) or the DoT isn't going through the Prime damage reduction (Reaver). The OP was to ask if we would see any actual buffs/nerfs to any souls in the near future. Since last week we've really only seen changes to GSB.

It's definitely not too late for warriors on Prime, we don't even have GSB yet so it's not as if all the warriors are so far behind that they're never going to be able to compete.
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-10-2018 at 05:24 AM.
    Strix @Vigil

Shadowlander

So far they have done a great job fixing things that were bugged and needed to be fixed.

In saying that they did promise the warriors some balance so that they are viable dps.

From what I have seen so far this isn't the case so I do hope they still plan on giving actual buffs to the warriors to make them in line with all other souls, maybe they could even be close to the top for once.

They did state this was the "holy grail" of balance but if it gets released with the current changes warriors will be in the exact same spot as they are on live at the moment.

Telaran

Slight bump to this thread:

I went along on the the PTS GSB testing today and icarus stated that more class changes were coming. He didn't want to give more details than that but he did state they weren't finished yet.

So there's still hope boys and girls.

Last edited by ironstrix; 05-10-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

Rift Disciple

I not play on prime. I play on the live servers. They posted that the balance for live is coming with the prime updates. The problem is, what is good for level 50, is very bad for level 70 players. A level 50 player loose damage when he run out of power. To lower the power loose is a direct buff for level 50 players. Now they fixed it, that you not run that fast out of power for some souls. Well on level 70 you need to run out of power fast that you get the proc. As faster you are out of power as better for level 70 players. You see now what the level 50 buff is for the level 70 player on live?

Arbosch Bloodforge

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by arbosch View Post
    I not play on prime. I play on the live servers. They posted that the balance for live is coming with the prime updates. The problem is, what is good for level 50, is very bad for level 70 players. A level 50 player loose damage when he run out of power. To lower the power loose is a direct buff for level 50 players. Now they fixed it, that you not run that fast out of power for some souls. Well on level 70 you need to run out of power fast that you get the proc. As faster you are out of power as better for level 70 players. You see now what the level 50 buff is for the level 70 player on live?

Arbosch Bloodforge

Okay I'll say it for you again.

THEY. FIXED. BUGGED. ABILITIES.

If the ability is bugged/not working as intended it must be fixed.
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-11-2018 at 04:46 AM.
    Strix @Vigil

+ Reply to Thread