+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PRIME PTS - Warrior

Default PRIME PTS - Warrior

Haven't seen post rounding up Warrior parses yet. I'm including my own parses/builds as well as parses from Tyael (used with permission)
    Here goes:

51para-10champ-5temp
    Spoiler!

51RB-8para-7champ
    Spoiler!

41temp-25reaver-0para
    Spoiler!

51reaver-11temp-4champ
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Letigre; 05-05-2018 at 06:58 AM. Reason: Attaching the correct reaver parse

Nice to see a warrior thread. As per Archonix's post in the mage thread, make sure you're using only the gear from a single raid ready box (even if it's bad or missing pieces!). It's easier to compare callings if everyone is parsing at the same gear level

Rift Master

Just wanted to say that the 5 target RB parse above was done with the "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS*". The ST one was with the box that came afterwards like in the pictures and i also didn't notice that earrings werent apart of the box so my parse there is also with earrings. Also the ST one form me was with a bit different spec and without TTB.

Will probably redo my parses over the weekend, not sure if the planned fixes/changes were in yesterdays patch already?

Tempest:
    - this soul has always suffered a lot on outside of WL cooldown. Its sustained dps just isn't there and hence the hybrid with Reaver is pretty much the only option we have for ranged dps atm.

Reaver:
    - like many warrior and other souls, too many key abilities are out of reach for lvl 50, hence the low dps output. Kinda similar to tempest in this regard.
    - the talent Decaying Defenses has never worked, so there's no point in spending a point in there. (I have mentioned it many times over the years and it just fell on deaf ears)

Rift Master

I guess for visibility's sake making a new post is a better idea.

Anway, looking at your parse of Tempest Letigre, it seemed so weird that your breakdown was soo much different. Mainly, Reaver's DoTs were doing twice the dps compared to my parses. So i went to check if any changes got to PTS yet (sadly doesn't seems so) but i did notice that Reaver's DoTs aren't properly modified by the damage reduction.

Soul Sickness, Necrotic Wounds and Flesh Root have intial damage compontent and the over time one. The latter is not beeing affected by the Omega's damage reduction at all.

Hence your Reaver and Tempest parses would be a bit lower in reality. Around 200 dps perhaps.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 05-05-2018 at 01:32 AM.

Telaran

Great to see some quality warrior content. Hopefully fixes will be pushed to PTS soon so the real discussion can begin. Might even make a warrior myself since we've got a 3rd slot opening up.
    Strix @Vigil

Strangely, just noticed all the times are about bit different. I must have zoned out and just left everything on autopilot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jotunn View Post
    your parse of Tempest Letigre, it seemed so weird that your breakdown was soo much different.
    I parsed Tempest several more times because the breakdowns were so wildly different. I couldn't sort out what was going on. Thanks for looking into it!

I re-did my Paragon parse with 10 Warlord and using 5/5 in Shatter. Doing so is about 100DPS better than my earlier parse. I expected Shatter to be more effective?

Redid parses using only the gear from "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS"

Gear screenshot:
    Spoiler!

51para-10WL-5temp
    Spoiler!

51RB-8para-7champ
    Spoiler!

41temp-25reaver-0para
    Spoiler!

51reaver-11temp-4champ
    Spoiler!

I've been playing around with Warlord, but it's behind everything else I've posted.

51WL-10para-5Temp
    Spoiler!

Ascendant

Melee range auto attacks should have damage increased. Melee range is punishing most of the time and it is not rewarding....
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 05-06-2018 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

All parses using only the gear from "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS"

51para-10WL-5Temp
    Spoiler!

51RB-10temp-5reaver
    Spoiler!

After some discussion...

Buffing Strike Like Iron, because of the way it modifies damage, would not be much of a change to overall DPS and so would be insufficient to bring Paragon in line with other melee souls.

Buffing Shifting Blades, since it's so low in the roots, would have the unintended affect of making some hybridization possible with Champ or Warlord. Increasing this ability any further is probably not a good idea. By the same token, Flowing Strikes and Improved Flowing Strikes should be off the table. Both affect any damaging ability used by the warrior.

Buffs to things like Way of the Wind and/or Dead Parity, abilities that only proc from Paragon abilities make more sense, however they don't really fall in line with the calling archetype. IMO Warrior's primary source of damage should always be a result of directly dealing damage via abilities and not relying on damage that procs from an ability use. That's just a flavor thing though and I'd get over it.

I'd also hesitate to suggest any buffs that give flat bonuses to either crit chance or crit damage. With the level 50 cap, buffs in those locations likely won't cause issue, but it could create scaling problems with later content when we can realistically stack crit power. Assuming these changes also move to live, it would certainly cause scaling issues when coupled with our over-abundance of stats and the eternal proc.

If SB and SLI are out, then consider buffs to
    • One Two Punch
    • Swift Finesse
    • Precise Strikes

I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest how much is a reasonable increase, but each of those only affect paragon abilities and seem like reasonable levers for increasing throughput.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Letigre View Post
    After some discussion...

Buffing Strike Like Iron, because of the way it modifies damage, would not be much of a change to overall DPS and so would be insufficient to bring Paragon in line with other melee souls.

Buffing Shifting Blades, since it's so low in the roots, would have the unintended affect of making some hybridization possible with Champ or Warlord. Increasing this ability any further is probably not a good idea. By the same token, Flowing Strikes and Improved Flowing Strikes should be off the table. Both affect any damaging ability used by the warrior.

Buffs to things like Way of the Wind and/or Dead Parity, abilities that only proc from Paragon abilities make more sense, however they don't really fall in line with the calling archetype. IMO Warrior's primary source of damage should always be a result of directly dealing damage via abilities and not relying on damage that procs from an ability use. That's just a flavor thing though and I'd get over it.

I'd also hesitate to suggest any buffs that give flat bonuses to either crit chance or crit damage. With the level 50 cap, buffs in those locations likely won't cause issue, but it could create scaling problems with later content when we can realistically stack crit power. Assuming these changes also move to live, it would certainly cause scaling issues when coupled with our over-abundance of stats and the eternal proc.

If SB and SLI are out, then consider buffs to
    • One Two Punch
    • Swift Finesse
    • Precise Strikes

I'm not knowledgeable enough to suggest how much is a reasonable increase, but each of those only affect paragon abilities and seem like reasonable levers for increasing throughput.

Maybe "Strikes like Iron" also increases auto attack damage by 200 to 300%. This is a easy way to boost damage that will scale ever so slightly as weapon dps does.

Or Strikes Like Iron allows Auto attacks bypass armor.

From you parses auto-attack damage is 38 to 42 damage

Another thing that could be discussed is melee range auto attacks bypassing prime damage..

just some ideas
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 05-07-2018 at 12:51 PM.
    "bros to come at me!"

Auto attacks occur regardless of whether or not a player is even at their keyboard. Buffing AA damage would also encourage every warrior to go 8pts into Paragon for TTB as well as encouraging dual wielding. Both would give a faster AA rate.

"Buffs" that limit player choice (in this case, a choice of sub-souls and/or weapon wardrobes) should be avoided.

We should instead focus on buffs that reward a player for actually playing and engaging in content and not reward them for just showing up.
    Last edited by Letigre; 05-07-2018 at 02:59 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Letigre View Post
    Auto attacks occur regardless of whether or not a player is even at their keyboard. Buffing AA damage would also encourage every warrior to go 8pts into Paragon for TTB as well as encouraging dual wielding. Both would give a faster AA rate.

"Buffs" that limit player choice (in this case, a choice of sub-souls and/or weapon wardrobes) should be avoided.

We should instead focus on buffs that reward a player for actually playing and engaging in content and not reward them for just showing up.
    If you buff the auto attack damage at the 51 point ability the issues you raised do not apply. And the buff I was talking about only applies when you are in melee range so it is far from a just show up...
    "bros to come at me!"

The GCD reduction from Search and Rescue in Liberator is stacking with Turn the Blade in Paragon for a 0.5s GCD on Prolonged Recovery, Mass Casualty Response, and Liberation Treatment.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast