+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: PRIME PTS - Warrior

Rift Master

Curiosity won again and i did a few fresh parses for the fun of it. The gear used is the one from the "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS", freshly loaded before the start.

Gear screenshot in 0-0-0 spec
    Spoiler!

51 Paragon - 10 Warlord - 5 Tempest
    Spoiler!

51 Paragon - 8 Reaver - 7 Warlord
    Spoiler!

41 Tempest - 25 Reaver - 0 Paragon
    Spoiler!

51 Riftblade - 15 Reaver - 0 Tempest
    Spoiler!

51 Riftblade - 8 Paragon - 7 Reaver
    Spoiler!

51 Reaver - 15 Tempest - 0 Paragon
    Spoiler!

51 Reaver - 13 Paragon - 2 Tempest
    Spoiler!

51 Tempest - 15 Reaver - 0 Paragon
    Spoiler!

51 Warlord- 13 Paragon - 2 Tempest
    Spoiler!

I haven't played around with Warlord yet, but so far everything except for perhaps Paragon is still way too low. Not even sure what the standards are anymore with so many gear box changes and is the gear inside the box we're supposed to be using standardasied between classes? Not to mention what are the goals for ballance at all?

A few notes for the end:
    • I don't think that changing Turn The Blade in Paragon to 20% reduction compared to previous 30% is a good idea. Now most souls will try to grab is as they will benefit from it or at worst it will be dps neutral.
    • Adding chance for 2 AP in Enhanced Burst makes the Rifblade's playstyle wery cluncky. The attack points you get are delayed and adding that after you aready have 1 AP or even worse 2 AP, it does nothing as you waste it, most of the time without even realizing it. This is even worse if you're playing with TTB as your gcd is 1s.
    • Having Pandemic Synergy so low in Reaver might be a bit too strong for low point investments, especially if Dire Corruption will affect it.

Overall, warrior as a calling still has a long road ahead of it when it comes to ballance. And this is just when it comes to DPS souls. Healing ones, especially Warchanter will be a whole different thing to tackle and is long overdue as well.

Then there's our support soul Beastmaster who still has no clue what it's supposed to be. It's a mix of both types of support with some serious identity issues.

I guess overall our tank souls are in the best spot atm, baring the threat issues in comparison with other tanks. Granted i haven't played tank roles much in a loong time, and a part of the issue is due to how Prime's debuff is currently affecting things.

Edit: added a second Paragon variation.

Edit2: added Warlord parse.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 05-13-2018 at 02:54 AM.

Shadowlander

Being VERY selfish - would be nice to see some of the macro's for these as well....thanks for the hard work

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hereward View Post
    Being VERY selfish - would be nice to see some of the macro's for these as well....thanks for the hard work
    Yeah. As someone who has come back to Rift for the first time since a couple of months after the original launch, if anyone is able to make any mini guides/macros for any of the more viable builds above that would help so many of us who are pretty rusty and it would be massively appreciated!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2