+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Torankusu
  • 1 Post By Parkhyeyeon
  • 1 Post By ironstrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Prime PTS - Greenscale's Blight Feedback

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default OFFICIAL: Prime PTS - Greenscale's Blight Feedback

Please post any feedback for Greenscale's Blight on Omega in this thread here. Please try to be as detailed as possible and we will fix any issues as quickly as we can. Thank you!

King of Slackers

We did a quick GSB run today with Icarus, if you are interested in boss mechanics and setup:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257705583?t=1h40m45s
    &
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257757349
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Default Casual healer PoV

If ya'll wanna see a Cleric PoV. I was playing Purifier. I will say, I didn't feel like I did much of anything, do to how absorbs work. I do hope that my presence made a difference. Cleric healing feels so much weaker than the others, in terms of raw numbers at the least.

This was so much fun and I look forward to further testing!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/257732405
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

King of Slackers

Default Monday

Monday Test with latest HP Reduction:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/258841342?=1h10m40s
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Hey folks, dropping in here to try to message in as many places as possible.
    GSB is NOT going out on May 9th as hoped.
    We will have a new date later this week!
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Monday Test with latest HP Reduction:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/258841342?=1h10m40s
    Among the numerous other mechanics just being failed/ignored, I have to ask if they removed the tail swipe on Greenscale. I'm watching people standing happily under his butt and not dying.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

So my biggest impression: if Mystic Archer isn't nerfed it will trivialize most of the damage checks in the raid.

Damage output overall is very low. The first and second bosses will be easily solo-healable in the junky "raid ready" box gear in a group that's actually doing the mechanics. In fact, Johlen could likely be done by an FK/chon if your group knows what they're doing (7 years later, there's a fair few of us who knows what they're doing on these fights -- we're looking for mechanical difficulty). Oracle might be doable with one healer, though more likely you'll want 1 or 2 (a WC or FK and a Lib). Hylas, well, ???? didn't get to test anything. Greenscale's Genesis Torrent damage is a joke at 3.3k. His breath is also underpowered, doing ticks of 6-10k when the auto-attack does twice as much (which I'm fine with, by the way).

But most alarming is how forgiving the mechanics and DPS checks are. I think Matron Zamira and Soulrender Zilas in the Hammerknell Instant Adventure were harder than Duke and Johlen. We ignored every mechanic on Duke -- nobody had any idea what they were doing, apparently -- and if we'd had either a decent Liberator or another MA or two, it would've been a kill in about half the fight's enrage timer. Seriously? This is a raid boss? The *trash* is legitimately harder. On Johlen, people were straight up staring into the Blinding Bombs during the bomb phase and we were still killing those bombs, with 17 players and using 3 healers (again, easily solo-healable). Our strategy for "clearing" the concussion bombs was apparently to get blinded and stroll into them, because why do a mechanic when there's no discernible penalty for failing it?

Oracle, at least, still has a punishment mechanic -- though with how trivial the DPS check is, you'll only have to roll the dice with it maybe 3 times. Tank damage was borderline farcical, and that was when using a Puri (a terrible soul at 50, barely viable for most leveling dungeons). A Warchanter could probably AFK for coffee.

I know this is probably coming across as hostile -- but it's not. It's really not. It's worrisome. Please, please do not make this raid this easy. You have pushed it back repeatedly, made promises of challenges, assured us you want to get the balancing right. Right now, at least 3 of the 5 bosses are below the difficulty level of the middling-difficulty Sliver bosses, like Guurloth.

Make the Blinding Bomb debuff uncleansable and make the DPS check on the detonation bombs contingent upon people not getting blinded. Make Greenscale's breath do double the damage per tick. Bring back Greenscale's tail swipe (he used to do it after every breath). Don't let Duke be kited without the Shambler slime, and increase the rate at which the Faeries and Brownies ramp up so that failing to kill them overwhelms you. Increase the buffs that Pollen gives to Oracle. And bring boss HP back up across the board (Duke's enrage requires just 20k raid DPS on the boss -- that's insane, 10-man groups are already doing that sort of single-target damage, without stacking Runeshapers).

There are two very easy, highly-accessible, easily-clearable raids on Prime already. There's a dozen or so of them on Live. Please, please, please give us a challenging one. Isn't that what this server was supposed to offer us? That is what we're all waiting to see.
    Last edited by Torankusu; 05-07-2018 at 10:01 PM.

Plane Touched

Wasn't there, but watched it.
    My opinions:
    -Add half the hp back that was nerfed on the first 2 bosses.
    -Add a failsafe so Duke will cast Unleash Wrath at the appropriate health % to prevent constant kiting to avoid it. It really is the only mechanic the boss himself actually has. It may be something that he'll only do if the tank is in melee *coughHericiuscough*

-Increase the HP of Johlen's Devastating Bomb. This was and should be the only DPS check on this boss. A mishmash group of 18 people, with no consumables or cooldowns, really should not be killing it. As it is now, the boss is essentially a pushover. Was his enrage damage fixed after the previous test run?

-Soul Fracture one shotting(although no testing was done with this like Power Drain, etc.) Should be heavy damage with a dot. Should be a raid heal check. Should probably hit initially for ~9-10k with dot ticks for 2-3k?

Don't think this was adequately tested at all and better that it's not being released this week.
    How much hp do the wisps have on Oracle? Feasible to kill some to lessen the stacking buff? Does the buff increases the bosses damage enough to even make this a concern?
    LGS was really barely tested at all...

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Torankusu View Post
    So my biggest impression: if Mystic Archer isn't nerfed it will trivialize most of the damage checks in the raid.

Damage output overall is very low. The first and second bosses will be easily solo-healable in the junky "raid ready" box gear in a group that's actually doing the mechanics. In fact, Johlen could likely be done by an FK/chon if your group knows what they're doing (7 years later, there's a fair few of us who knows what they're doing on these fights -- we're looking for mechanical difficulty). Oracle might be doable with one healer, though more likely you'll want 1 or 2 (a WC or FK and a Lib). Hylas, well, ???? didn't get to test anything. Greenscale's Genesis Torrent damage is a joke at 3.3k. His breath is also underpowered, doing ticks of 6-10k when the auto-attack does twice as much (which I'm fine with, by the way).

But most alarming is how forgiving the mechanics and DPS checks are. I think Matron Zamira and Soulrender Zilas in the Hammerknell Instant Adventure were harder than Duke and Johlen. We ignored every mechanic on Duke -- nobody had any idea what they were doing, apparently -- and if we'd had either a decent Liberator or another MA or two, it would've been a kill in about half the fight's enrage timer. Seriously? This is a raid boss? The *trash* is legitimately harder. On Johlen, people were straight up staring into the Blinding Bombs during the bomb phase and we were still killing those bombs, with 17 players and using 3 healers (again, easily solo-healable). Our strategy for "clearing" the concussion bombs was apparently to get blinded and stroll into them, because why do a mechanic when there's no discernible penalty for failing it?

Oracle, at least, still has a punishment mechanic -- though with how trivial the DPS check is, you'll only have to roll the dice with it maybe 3 times. Tank damage was borderline farcical, and that was when using a Puri (a terrible soul at 50, barely viable for most leveling dungeons). A Warchanter could probably AFK for coffee.

I know this is probably coming across as hostile -- but it's not. It's really not. It's worrisome. Please, please do not make this raid this easy. You have pushed it back repeatedly, made promises of challenges, assured us you want to get the balancing right. Right now, at least 3 of the 5 bosses are below the difficulty level of the middling-difficulty Sliver bosses, like Guurloth.

Make the Blinding Bomb debuff uncleansable and make the DPS check on the detonation bombs contingent upon people not getting blinded. Make Greenscale's breath do double the damage per tick. Bring back Greenscale's tail swipe (he used to do it after every breath). Don't let Duke be kited without the Shambler slime, and increase the rate at which the Faeries and Brownies ramp up so that failing to kill them overwhelms you. Increase the buffs that Pollen gives to Oracle. And bring boss HP back up across the board (Duke's enrage requires just 20k raid DPS on the boss -- that's insane, 10-man groups are already doing that sort of single-target damage, without stacking Runeshapers).

There are two very easy, highly-accessible, easily-clearable raids on Prime already. There's a dozen or so of them on Live. Please, please, please give us a challenging one. Isn't that what this server was supposed to offer us? That is what we're all waiting to see.
    I agree on most point with the exception of how much dps is being done in 10mans. That's only afforded because mechanics in 10mans are broken and bosses do close to no damage. You can solo heal pretty much every encounter and don't need an offtank. This means the damage in 10mans is way higher than it should be. If anything the group DPS check should be lower in 10mans but require more people to fill roles and do mechanics on many of the fights.

I'd prefer if GSB wasn't a repeat of that. Duke is supposed to require an offtank to pick up adds and people to split damage onto adds/shamblers. IE not everyone should just be dpsing the boss down. Fix the mechanics first, then they can tune the numbers. It's just like you wouldn't patch a bugged ability AND buff the damage of another in the same patch if the bugged ability was causing lower than expected dmg. The damage on boss should be lower once doing the mechanics is required. It would be frustrating to change the fight to make the mechanics required and then up the DPS check as well, only to have to tune it back down again after even more feedback.
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-07-2018 at 11:50 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    Among the numerous other mechanics just being failed/ignored, I have to ask if they removed the tail swipe on Greenscale. I'm watching people standing happily under his butt and not dying.
    In previous kill videos, my old guild is standing behind him. So if they removed it, they did a long time ago. EDIT: It was a thing, I guess behind means something else to me Hahahaha yay it’s fixed!

I pretty much agree with everything said here in this thread. I was graciously allowed to play my Purifier spec, which probably made the bosses harder for the rest of the healers. Cleric healing is...how do we say....not good. If this were healed with optimal healers, the fights are going to be that much easier.
    Last edited by omgitslos; 05-08-2018 at 03:03 PM.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

+ Reply to Thread