+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 3 Post By Icarus
  • 1 Post By Archonix
  • 1 Post By Challengere
  • 1 Post By Challengere
  • 3 Post By Stihl

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICAL: Prime PTS Patch Notes 5/3/2018

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default OFFICAL: Prime PTS Patch Notes 5/3/2018

Here are the updates of what went in today's build:

Raid - Greenscale's Blight - Greenscale's Blight is now open for testing! The entrance is enabled in Stillmoor, please go forth and give any feedback in your raid testing. In the next build this will be open in LFR as well.

Abilities - Fixed an issue with some abilities double dipping and being reduced in effectiveness below what they should be

Cleric - Removed the previous nerf to Aggressive Avarice and Rune of Smiting (this was in the 5/2 patch, just putting it here for awareness purposes)
    Mage - Removed the previous nerf to Elemental Barrage (this was in the 5/2 patch, just putting it here for awareness purposes)
    Saboteur - Removed the previous nerf to Fragmentation Sticky Bomb (this was in the 5/2 patch, just putting it here for awareness purposes)

Known issues:

- Riftblade - Enhanced Burst giving attack points 100% of the time (this is fixed in the next build, which should be tomorrow if all goes well)

- Paragon - Weapon Master doubling the cooldown reduction for Flurry.

- Paragon - Analyze Weakness not reducing the damage and healing reduction in Turn the Blade

- Pyromancer - Possible issue in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5353279

We don't have an ETA for any of these known issues (except the one listed), but will hopefully have them resolved soon.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the forums and making us aware of various issues as well as posting valuable parse information!

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Here are the updates of what went in today's build:

Raid - Greenscale's Blight - Greenscale's Blight is now open for testing! The entrance is enabled in Stillmoor, please go forth and give any feedback in your raid testing. In the next build this will be open in LFR as well.

Abilities - Fixed an issue with some abilities double dipping and being reduced in effectiveness below what they should be

Cleric - Removed the previous nerf to Aggressive Avarice and Rune of Smiting (this was in the 5/2 patch, just putting it here for awareness purposes)
    Mage - Removed the previous nerf to Elemental Barrage (this was in the 5/2 patch, just putting it here for awareness purposes)
    Saboteur - Removed the previous nerf to Fragmentation Sticky Bomb (this was in the 5/2 patch, just putting it here for awareness purposes)

Known issues:

- Riftblade - Enhanced Burst giving attack points 100% of the time (this is fixed in the next build, which should be tomorrow if all goes well)

- Paragon - Weapon Master doubling the cooldown reduction for Flurry.

- Paragon - Analyze Weakness not reducing the damage and healing reduction in Turn the Blade

- Pyromancer - Possible issue in this thread: http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post5353279

We don't have an ETA for any of these known issues (except the one listed), but will hopefully have them resolved soon.

Thank you to everyone who has posted on the forums and making us aware of various issues as well as posting valuable parse information!
    Will you guys fix double dip nerfing on time bomb and rune of smiting, right now Time Bomb does like 5 to 6 times lesser on omega than current prime settings, considering Time Bomb itself is like 30 seconds to get fully powered (unless you put points into) letting it do less or same damage as most other charges and detonate making it useless. When I was talking with RR, he said possibly getting double dip nerfed, if not can you explain why you guys took such huge nerf on it?
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    Addons updated for 4.3: RiftMeter, BiSCaL, RiftActionBarCooldowns, GCDDisplay
    Gadgets 0.11, updated for 4.3
    Softcap values for current prime
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Please re-nerf Elemental Barrage back to what it was. The last time it was unnerfed, it had to be emergency disabled. Nothing has changed. It is wildly overpowered. I will provide parses momentarily.

Raid-ready gear box and on 8 targets

This will easily do 25k on Prime with raid gear and synergy crystal. Keep in mind this is on eight targets and Elemental Barrage scales to ten targets. The target that received the least DPS still received more DPS than mage's best single target spec.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-03-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

Telaran

Even just a quick parse with the standard 34MA/32Ele spec from someone much worse at mage than Focus in similar gear (I'm wearing earrings):

Seriously? That's just nuts. Didn't need the re-buff at all.
    Strix @Vigil

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

Thanks for checking the older builds!

We set those four abilities back to base for the time being to observe how they perform with the rebalance to global combat. They'll definitely need to be readjusted, and right now we're measuring what that adjustment needs to be under the new global balance rules.

while I am seeing small tweaks here and there the sad truth for warrior is it will take more tuning to adequately increase our dps to the necessary requirements to be a contributor to the dps checks on enrage timers in raids, as it is our best Beastmaster (which is all we are currently useful as) is only pulling 1400dps at most while Hydriss req 8/10 pulling 1800+ st to even get close to beating enrage by seconds

with mentions of bringing OP souls back down the st specs pulling 2-3k st will then be so low they cannot carry the dps loss suffered by having a BM to boost the 7/10

during storm legion on Live Tempest was capable of bursting huge at a whim by reserving CDs but now if you dont burn everything you have non stop you are lucky to even break 1k, while Lightning storm effectively triples my dps on the meter while it is streaming it could do more or if other skills were increased wouldnt need to make such weight in the over under burst, while its meant to be a very strong skill it can out do the 61st point in the soul by leaps and bounds without legendary modifications

the same can be said for cornered beast in the champion spec, my dps rollercoasters around the CD for that skill, the peak is barely a passable sustain for raids when hitting the maximum targets it is capable of, st as a champion there is no measure for hitting anything close to raid checks as it is only a burst on mass AE

Reaver was hands down one of the best specs we had in NT and was capable of keeping us at the top of the meter, the nerfs that brought it down from glory were all attempts at appeasing the pvp players who felt inferior to it as they fell like flies to it, but we need it to be as strong as it was in order to meet raid standards with it, it is a huge soul capable of matching its AE potential in ST fights with the blessing that is Plague Bringer allowing us to turn all ST DoTs into AE, while PB used to add 5 - 8 more targets to our DoTs it has recently been reduced again to 2 additional giving us an advantage only on 3 mob grps, the dps output of our DoTs in Reaver would greatly augment our usefulness on add phases especially on Hydriss it we could once more toggle it on for an additional 8 or 9 targets when adds are around and then toggle back off to concentrate the dps back to one target on boss again which could make warrior reavers invaluble once again

Default Fixing the Warrior Reaver

OFFICAL: Prime PTS Patch Notes 5/3/2018-pts-stats.jpg

now this is with gear we dont have on Prime but I wanted to make a point and I am doing this without my buffs on but

OFFICAL: Prime PTS Patch Notes 5/3/2018-shadow-dread-one-iteration.jpg

so in one burst of Shadow of Dread we can get 9.774k dmg at a rate of 620.5dps every 15sec

OFFICAL: Prime PTS Patch Notes 5/3/2018-ravaging-strike.jpg

during that 15 sec we can hit Ravaging Strike 11 times in rotation at 448dps a hit

OFFICAL: Prime PTS Patch Notes 5/3/2018-single-dire-blow-use.jpg

and 3 finishers of Dire Blow for 763dps ea

so with a 15 sec dps cycle of

0SoD = 9774
    1.5RS = 448
    3RS = 448
    4.5DB = 763
    6RS = 448
    7.5RS = 448
    9RS = 448
    10.5DB = 763
    12RS = 448
    13.5RS = 448
    15Repeat Cycle

15 sec total 14436

THEN REPEAT

we can assume a steady 962.4dps as a reaver in a 61pt spec

that is under performing in ST not using Plague Bringer by nearly half of what is needed to kill any Raid bosses at all in near T1 raid gear stats thx to my Ascended Items from Live

I would recommend doubling or tripling the dmg output on each tick of Flesh Rot, Necrotic Wounds, Soul Sickness, and Dire Corruption

I would recommend reducing the length of Dire Corruption to match the duration of the other four DoTs in SoD since it gets reapplied without stacking, although allowing it to stack 3 times as SoD is recast before it expires would greatly increase our dps towards meeting the standards

I would not recommend modification of Ravaging Strike because it matches the initial instant builder dmg of all the other warrior souls and could complicate things for you

as for increasing the dmg for Dire Blow per point as a finisher without modifying similar finishers in the other dps warrior souls is entirely up to you if that would make life easier

all around Reaver could return to its former glory if those DoTs were brought up to meet dps checks

if only the DoTs were modified to avoid conflicting changes in the finisher and builder across warrior souls then a triple dmg modification to it would produce 33984dmg in the full rotation sum over 15 sec at a rate of 2265.6dps in the gear I am wearing which would translate to around 2k in the gear available to us currently on Prime which would put Warriors back on the list for effective DPS at range which at the moment has proven safer in current raids than standing melee when some boss mechanics require you to stand at range without a choice
    Last edited by Challengere; 05-04-2018 at 03:33 PM. Reason: MAKING CHANGES TO MY FIGURES

Quote Originally Posted by Challengere View Post
    Attachment 32891

now this is with gear we dont have on Prime but I wanted to make a point and I am doing this without my buffs on but

Attachment 32896

so in one burst of Shadow of Dread we can get 9.774k dmg at a rate of 620.5dps every 15sec

Attachment 32897

during that 15 sec we can hit Ravaging Strike 11 times in rotation at 448dps a hit

Attachment 32893

and 3 finishers of Dire Blow for 763dps ea

so with a 15 sec dps cycle of

1SoD = 9774
    2RS = 448
    3RS = 448
    4DB = 763
    5RS = 448
    6RS = 448
    7RS = 448
    8DB = 763
    9RS = 448
    10RS = 448
    11RS = 448
    12DB = 763
    13RS = 448
    14RS = 448
    15RS = 448

15 sec total 16991

THEN REPEAT

we can assume a steady 1132.7dps as a reaver in a 61pt spec

that is under performing in ST not using Plague Bringer by nearly half of what is needed to kill any Raid bosses at all in near T1 raid gear stats thx to my Ascended Items from Live

I would recommend doubling or tripling the dmg output on each tick of Flesh Rot, Necrotic Wounds, Soul Sickness, and Dire Corruption

I would recommend reducing the length of Dire Corruption to match the duration of the other four DoTs in SoD since it gets reapplied without stacking, although allowing it to stack 3 times as SoD is recast before it expires would greatly increase our dps towards meeting the standards

I would not recommend modification of Ravaging Strike because it matches the initial instant builder dmg of all the other warrior souls and could complicate things for you

as for increasing the dmg for Dire Blow per point as a finisher without modifying similar finishers in the other dps warrior souls is entirely up to you if that would make life easier

all around Reaver could return to its former glory if those DoTs were brought up to meet dps checks

if only the DoTs were modified to avoid conflicting changes in the finisher and builder across warrior souls then a triple dmg modification to it would produce 36539dmg in the full rotation sum over 15 sec at a rate of 2435.9dps in the gear I am wearing which would translate to around 2k in the gear available to us currently on Prime which would put Warriors back on the list for effective DPS at range which at the moment has proven safer in current raids than standing melee when some boss mechanics require you to stand at range without a choice
    So no buffs, no infestation (or the extra 15% from fester on infested targets) not accounting at all for the fact that abilities can crit, not accounting for the fact ravaging and dire deal more damage to a target per dot on them, and you want a single cast of Shadow of dread to do over 2k dps by itself. Also not sure how you got 15 abilities into 15 seconds with a 1.5 second gcd. There is so much wrong here.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    So no buffs, no infestation (or the extra 15% from fester on infested targets) not accounting at all for the fact that abilities can crit, not accounting for the fact ravaging and dire deal more damage to a target per dot on them, and you want a single cast of Shadow of dread to do over 2k dps by itself. Also not sure how you got 15 abilities into 15 seconds with a 1.5 second gcd. There is so much wrong here.
    well i did as much as i am good for, i am not really that knowledgable in figuring out things in parsing but in my Beastmaster threaad it was said that no tanks are taking the time to post any parses for anything in our souls so I thought I might take the first step, maybe looking like crap will get someone who knows how to do that stuff to one up me, or 20 up me as would be.... I just wanted to get the ball rolling since warriors are in the twilight zone atm

and you should check your quote i did modify my numbers to account for the 1.5sec GCD once I noticed I overlooked that detail
    Last edited by Challengere; 05-04-2018 at 06:11 PM.

+ Reply to Thread