+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By Cileriqao
  • 3 Post By Mrwidoes
  • 1 Post By Balidin

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fair & Square

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    108

    Default Fair & Square

    Since you say live is as important as prime. And due to technical difficulties , both servers cant be up at the same time. Then just alternate it.

    omega was up for one to two days now , the players got so much information and so should the devs , no matter its backend info or player's feedback.

    Now you can switch to alpha(pts) for a day or two , let the live players do the same thing.

    it's not toxic , it's not "unconstructive", it's fair & square.

    or just tell us in the face you are gradually preparing to make prime the new live , and abandoning live and "live is as important as prime to us" is just a lie for stalling.

    just tell us in the face , then we will be done with it.
    Last edited by Cileriqao; 05-01-2018 at 08:59 PM.
    I have just achieved a sense of pride and accomplishment from not buying patron anymore

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    187

    Default

    I'm curious exactly what you want to be able to 'test' on the Alpha PTS? The balance changes they're talking about aren't even on the Live PTS because of the ability/stacking calculation differences between Live and Prime. Once things are vetted and tuned on the Prime PTS, it's my understanding that they'll be consolidating some of these calculation methods and porting those changes to the Live PTS for higher level testing, which makes sense and is an efficient use of resources.

    Also, switching the PTS between the two servers every couple of days seems like a grossly inefficient use of precious Dev resources to do the switching. It makes more sense to do this switching once every week to two.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    I'm curious exactly what you want to be able to 'test' on the Alpha PTS? The balance changes they're talking about aren't even on the Live PTS because of the ability/stacking calculation differences between Live and Prime. Once things are vetted and tuned on the Prime PTS, it's my understanding that they'll be consolidating some of these calculation methods and porting those changes to the Live PTS for higher level testing, which makes sense and is an efficient use of resources.

    Also, switching the PTS between the two servers every couple of days seems like a grossly inefficient use of precious Dev resources to do the switching. It makes more sense to do this switching once every week to two.
    I think they mean it should be Live PTS first then Prime PTS. Because Live is the main game and Prime is a subsidiary, at least that's what was said for months. Having to wait to test things on pts is a horrible idea anyway, it causes more animosity between the player base. But it clearly is the main game at this point, because almost every single patch since basically when they started working on Prime (Back in late 2017, I believe) has been catered around Prime. There hasn't been any new content since BoS, which is already 6 months old, so half a year with no new content. And since Prime released in early March every single update has had old content on live tweaked for prime. The patch notes for today are the same, they changed the spelling for one quest in shimmersand, and changed the hp of a zone event boss.

    I believe Cil is just wanting to confirm what we already know at this point. But Trion will never come out and say it.
    In the wise words of my professor.. Did you read?

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    Once things are vetted and tuned on the Prime PTS, it's my understanding that they'll be consolidating some of these calculation methods and porting those changes to the Live PTS for higher level testing, which makes sense and is an efficient use of resources.
    The combat calculation changes will not be ported over to Live. It's not something that would make sense to implement on Live as well.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks


  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    34

    Default

    hmm i was under the impression that the combat calculations changes was going to be on live as well, since the primalist changes were done along side the combat calculations, but i cant have my primalist on prime(miss him dearly). i am a bit confused now, hehehe. i was excited to see how those changes would affect my favorite and main on live.
    Last edited by Ragniros; 05-02-2018 at 01:45 PM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    187

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    The combat calculation changes will not be ported over to Live. It's not something that would make sense to implement on Live as well.
    Then why would they say this in the website announcing the changes and the Omega PTS?

    "The main purpose of Omega is to make soul balance changes visible on the Prime configuration before publish.

    It is important to mention that many of these changes will apply to both Live and Prime, where Prime is a subset of Live.

    Souls on both services will benefit over time from the Omega PTS!"

    Additionally many of the abilities on the list include legendaries, etc. that only apply to live, at least at the moment. Are we missing something?

  7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KaterinaAmaranth View Post
    Then why would they say this in the website announcing the changes and the Omega PTS?
    Because the balancing of most abilities that happens for Prime will be applied to Live as well.
    Previously known as SupermanSocks


  8. #8
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    826

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Because the balancing of most abilities that happens for Prime will be applied to Live as well.
    How will you possibly know what those changes will do in the live enviroment if you havent tested them against all the extra variables that live has.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Because the balancing of most abilities that happens for Prime will be applied to Live as well.
    If these are going to the Live servers also, we really do need a way to test specs at level 60/65/70 as well.
    Give us exactly the gear you want us to test with in a box at each level range. Like ‘Raid ready level 60 DPS’, ‘Raid ready level 65 DPS’ etc and a way to boost to each.

    At the moment, we can’t test 51+ abilities, masteries and legendaries.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts