+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ironstrix

Thread: @Devs - Specific Feedback

Telaran

Default @Devs - Specific Feedback

Open question to the devs right now:

What specific feedback are you looking for from the PTS right now?

I've been trying to gather some general idea of where the various souls are for mage DPS in the thread I made, and I've seen others doing the same for the other callings.

Are you just looking for DPS? Should we be looking at healing? Do you want feedback on specific abilities? Are we looking at interactions such as how some abilities aren't correctly getting their damage buffed (druid -> brutalize, much of shadeborn apparently)? Do you want feedback on how to better balance the soul trees? Are you open to moving abilities/talents in the trees?

What's the goal here from the PTS? What's the roadmap? Is this stage 1? Should I be concerned about damage from bosses in 10mans or is that coming later?

Mostly I'm just asking so we can give better feedback to improve the situation on Prime. I feel a lot of players, in the long term, want:

- Clerics to be better at healing at lvl 50. From my understanding this isn't such an issue on Live due to Clerics scaling well with SP, but we're not on Live right now.

- Other classes to have their healing looked at. Mage specific I know there is discussion surrounding FK being too powerful at 28 points invested. You get Stewardship, Earthen Barrier, and Rhythm of the Earth. With how powerful these talents are you really don't need to go any further in FK. From talking to other players I get the impression Liberator and Physician are powerful in similar ways for current content.

- More damage from bosses and mechanics in 10mans.

- Viable ranged DPS for each calling, as there are many melee unfriendly fights in the game. Currently on PTS I do not think rogues have a good ranged DPS class. There is a lack of rogue feedback on the PTS forum, however.

- Viable AoE DPS for each calling. I don't think this is a current issue, but it's definitely something I think most would agree is on the wishlist.

- Melee DPS to be rewarded for choosing to play in melee. IE, higher DPS to be competitive. Druid seems to be doing this well on Cleric, but has the problem where multiple druids do not play well together due to debuffs. Currently Harbinger is in a rough spot on Prime as important abilities are not accessible. Bladedancer seems to be doing quite well for Rogues.

- In general the souls that get their toolkits earlier are the best performing. Mage specific, MA performs so well because for 23 points you get most of the usefulness of MA single target damage. These means you can roll MA into any tree that will synergize with Earthen Sunder, Flashfire, or Arcane Shot very effectively. Warlock, necro, and harbinger do not play nicely with MA synergy and thus fall behind in damage. Is there a plan to address this? Do you want feedback from players concerning this issue?

Overall I'm having a good time testing things on the PTS but I think it would be beneficial for you and the players if there was a bit of a focus on what you'd like feedback on and what the plan is moving forward. Let us know where the goal posts are and we'll work together to reach them.

TL;DR: Help us help you Trion!
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-01-2018 at 08:45 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

It would honestly just be nice to know what they want ST DPS targets to be right now, because it's not hard to devise suggestions for how to tweak current specs to perform at that level in a way that won't adversely affect the souls on live. 2k? 1.8k? 1.5k? What're we aiming for, here?

Default Excellent

Good post. 10/10.

I would like to see some kind of organized raid testing. If the Devs were to make some official announcement that "X date at X time will be when Devs are watching raiding on the PTS" to see numbers in a live environment, they would get a lot of info.
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by omgitslos View Post
    I would like to see some kind of organized raid testing. If the Devs were to make some official announcement that "X date at X time will be when Devs are watching raiding on the PTS" to see numbers in a live environment, they would get a lot of info.

https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...eport-part-12/
    “You stated in the livestream that there will be less guided PTS testing? What is decision for that beside saving DEV time and isn’t it much easier to have first hand feedback instead of reading the combatlogs?”

This is part of the move to 10-man, it’s easier to do a lot of internal testing with 10-mans than 20-mans.
    Team has stepped up Internal testing, and it is going better now that they have a consistent group for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by ironstrix View Post
    Are you just looking for DPS? Should we be looking at healing? Do you want feedback on specific abilities? Are we looking at interactions such as how some abilities aren't correctly getting their damage buffed (druid -> brutalize, much of shadeborn apparently)? Do you want feedback on how to better balance the soul trees? Are you open to moving abilities/talents in the trees?
    The testing environment with the current PTS patch is far from being optimal, Test-Gear has too much CP and half of the AP/SP we have on Prime. On top of that some class mechanics are buggy => Shifting Blades, Arc, Enhanced Burst, RS etc.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

+ Reply to Thread