+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prime PTS - Mage

With a single box of raid gear and appropriate synergy crystal.

0/0/0 Stats
    Spoiler!

43 Pyro 23 MA*
    Spoiler!

51 Pyro 12 SC 3 Harb*
    Spoiler!

51 Pyro 15 MA*
    Spoiler!

34 MA 32 Pyro*
    Spoiler!

48 Ele 18 MA
    Spoiler!

44 Ele 22 MA
    Spoiler!

51 Warlock 9 Necro 6 Harb
    Spoiler!

*Add 55 DPS for Inferno
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-03-2018 at 12:29 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage
    Prime Mage Guide | Twitch.tv

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Thanks for all the parses!

Quick favor, could you run the same parses again with the gear from the "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS*" ? The ready for raid 2 box is meant for post GSB testing (we'll get it removed until it's needed on Omega).

Getting the names updated so it's a bit more clear what each box is for, and we'll get the issues with the unique equip essences cleaned up shortly as well.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Thanks for all the parses!

Quick favor, could you run the same parses again with the gear from the "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS*" ? The ready for raid 2 box is meant for post GSB testing (we'll get it removed until it's needed on Omega).

Getting the names updated so it's a bit more clear what each box is for, and we'll get the issues with the unique equip essences cleaned up shortly as well.
    Thanks for the update. I suppose parses with raid tier gear wouldn't really help very much to tune things FOR raids, now would it lol.
    Strix @Vigil

Telaran

More 43Pyro/ 23MA parses from an average mage, this time with the requested gear.

Stats/gear:
    Spoiler!

Parses:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-03-2018 at 01:47 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

The earrings are not included in the box archonix mentioned, btw. I'm not sure if that was an oversight or intentional, but I went ahead and tested without any earrings. I also did not test with any synergy crystal since it wasn't included and unlike the blighted crystal, doesn't offer any soul an advantage over any other soul.

0/0/0 Gear and Stats
    Spoiler!

43 Pyro 23 MA*
    Spoiler!

51 Pyro 12 SC*
    Spoiler!

34 MA 32 Pyro*
    Spoiler!

48 Ele 18 MA
    Spoiler!

51 Harbinger 15 SC 0 Pyro
    Spoiler!

51 Warlock 9 Necro
    Spoiler!

51 Necro 15 MA
    Spoiler!

51 Necro 13 Ele 2 Warlock
    Spoiler!

51 Archon 13 Pyro 2 Ele (No Lava Field or Illuminate)
    Spoiler!

*Add 50 dps for Inferno

Keep in mind that 51 Warlock, 51 Harb, and 51 Necro are all beat by ~22 MA hybrids, but I figured it would be good to see where those 51 point souls are at since they desperately need help. Also nerf Flash Fire and/or Elemental Gifts so mages can receive adequate tuning to 51 point builds. Low MA hybrids are highly overcentralizing mage DPS builds currently.

***It seems the gear box contents were changed slightly with the recent update as Archonix said they would be. Due to the previously mentioned lesser essence conflict, which was not present in the other mage loot box, I will finish up the parses with the essences from the earlier raid-ready box. The stats provided are extremely similar and the Adorned Shadeshard is much worse than it seems because the ICD is very long.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-04-2018 at 08:59 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

Telaran

To add my thoughts to Focus's hard work and parses, consider nerfing Flash Fire by swapping the Focused Fire talent higher into the tree.

This would allow:

Dedicated MA specs (40+ points) still get to have acceptable ST damage and excellent cleave by accessing Focused Fire talent + Shock Dispersal.

Reigns in MA hybrids like 23 MA or 18 MA specs by bringing Flash Fire DPS down ~100-200 dps on their parses.

Possible downsides:

40+ points in MA may just not be worth the payoff when competing with 51 pyro or 48 ele builds if the ST suffers significantly. I haven't tested this yet.

23/18 MA builds can mostly just be replaced with 15 MA for a 100-200dps loss.

Parses without the Focus Fire talent:

Gear
    Spoiler!

51 pyro/15 MA parse
    Spoiler!

34 MA/32 Ele parse
    Spoiler!

48 Ele/18 MA parse
    Spoiler!

Another player's thoughts on the matter which I thought was an even better option:
    Last edited by ironstrix; 05-03-2018 at 09:46 PM.
    Strix @Vigil

FWIW my previously-posted parses were done with the raid-ready gear box that was available prior to the T1 raid box becoming available (I swapped the two Greaters out for the level 45 lessers, as I mentioned). I'll go ahead and do some more now that some changes have gone through and the gear boxes have been updated.

Are there any specific types of parses you're looking for currently, i.e., 5-target / 8-target AOE, or dual-target at distance (for Oracle and Hylas)? And are you willing to give us a ballpark for where you'd like DPS specs to be, ideally, so we can properly tailor suggestions for tuning adjustments? I know you all have a lot on your plate right now so I'd prefer to focus on the more pressing issues rather than throwing ideas out left and right (I have a lot of them).

Thanks for your hard work and the timely fixes to the test environment!

Soulwalker

Hey guys,

so i just tested some Mage DD Builds on PTS as you can see.
    Its my first Parse Thread so dont kill me, just wanted to show the damage numbers.

The Parse was made without any Raid buffs, no food no power stones no flasks.
    Here is the basic stats without any buffs

Attachment 32883

First i tested the good old Harb, tbh with a pretty simple build (1 Spam button 1 proc)
    51 Harb / 12 SC / 2 Ele

Attachment 32884

That try wasnt best... I did some more rounds of harb, average is 1430 DPS

Here is the "Meta Build"
    34 Mystic / 32 Ele / 0 Pyro

Attachment 32885

And there comes the surprise imo, good old Pyromancer
    51 Pyro / 12 sc / 3 Harb

Attachment 32886

There you go ;)

If you have any questions let me know, or just /w me Ingame

Cheers,
    Ayo

Small bump: I've finished parsing the remaining 51 point single target souls and added them to the post.

If the devs are interested in specific ideas about how to bring up souls without encouraging hybridization or affecting live balance, please let us know or send me a PM for a detailed reply.

Looking forward to more changes in the future.
    Last edited by Scourge; 05-04-2018 at 09:03 AM.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

Rift Master

I've been saying this in my guild for a few weeks now and would like to offer it for consideration:

Mystic Archer does not have an ability tagged as a primary bolt. Neither does Harb, but the difference is that Harb tends to use *another* soul's primary bolt ability with Eldritch Gift (vile spores or fireball or crystalline missiles). Every other mage soul has a primary bolt ability and most mage parses include it prominently.

Maybe a small buff to primary bolt damage across the board? This wouldn't affect MA itself, but it would help the other mage builds.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Rift Disciple

Harb only doing 1400 when it should be the top ST spec. Pretty disappointing.....

Shadowlander

what happened to 34 MA / 32 Ele? I thought it was #1 on live prime? What changes did they make?
    Last edited by tsMaker; 05-06-2018 at 10:07 AM.

Elemental bonds don't stack anymore. Creating a new bond overwrites whatever one you currently had active. 34 MA relies heavily on having all 3 bonds active simultaneously and permanently.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Elemental bonds don't stack anymore. Creating a new bond overwrites whatever one you currently had active. 34 MA relies heavily on having all 3 bonds active simultaneously and permanently.
    Is this true for live atm? or coming soon? So its looking like 48 ele is best?

The elemental bonds nerf is only on the PTS currently, so 34 MA is still best on Prime.

43 Pyro/23 MA has a slight edge over 48 Ele on the PTS on a dummy and will scale better in raids with 51 Archon. Additionally, 43 Pyro doesn't have mana problems and it doesn't rely on a pet. The downside is that it has less mobility.
    Focus@Vigil | 50 Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast