+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Prime PTS - Cleric

Default Prime PTS - Cleric

I hope other Clerics upload there parses so we can compare, and give feedback just for Clerics.

Gear: PRIME - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS
    Target: Level 50 Mathosian Practice Dummy

Runeshaper
    44 Runeshaper, 17 Shaman, 5 Inquisitor

Prime PTS - Cleric-runeshaper-05.01.2018.jpg

Prime PTS - Cleric-seal-pain-breakdown.jpg

Well as you can see Seal of Vulnerability is now a dps loss, until it becomes Legendary, and I think this shouldn't be the case. So a % increase on Seal of Vulnerability is needed.

Rune of Smiting needs a extreme dps increase.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 05-01-2018 at 01:02 AM.
    True Server First Prime GP: Anrak the Foul & Guurloth
    4/5 GSB
    4/4 GP
    4/4 DH

Shadowlander

Rune of Smiting needs the 70% bandaid nerf applied last month removed.

Brutalize is double dipping on damage debuff.
    Last edited by Buffrat; 05-01-2018 at 01:12 AM.
    Buffbat@Vigil - 50 Cleric
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

I am not much of a theorycrafter, but here ya go. Testing with the "Raid Ready" gear. These are the standard builds that I have come to be familiar with on Prime, as well as playstyle. With further testing, I am sure someone will come up with better builds with these changes. (Buffrat has some great examples above)

Lets start with the decent: 44Druid/17Shaman/5Inquisitor
    I have actually not tried Druid in Prime. I hear its good, but who wants to play melee, amirite? (Also, I r bad Drood. sry)

The meh: 44RS/17Shaman/5Inq
    I didn't play around with the Seals too much in this, SoV being a DPS lost makes me sadface.

The "I was hoping for more": 51Inq/10RS/5Sham
    This is doing more than Live, but this is also sadface.

Mandatory Support: 44Oracle/17Shaman/5Inq
    Never played this one, because Oracle is USELESS on Prime. But, 1k isn't terrible. I have seen others do more with the PTS on this spec.

I know my DPS on Prime really started to shine with higher tiered gear. Without that we can't really compare to what Prime has. We should get at least the GSB raid gear from the vendor to test with.

Cleric needs some love. As stated before, Rune of Smiting nerf needs to be undone. I actually forgot about that nerf. With how everything is, our healing is worse, DPS is worse and Support is worse than anyone else on Prime.
    Last edited by omgitslos; 05-02-2018 at 04:13 AM. Reason: Added some stuff
    Hold fast and we will watch the flames burn auburn on the mountain side

Soulwalker

Isn't a large part of why seal of vuln is under performing due to the fact that rune of smiting is hitting for far less than it should be? We need to get that fixed then re check how it performs compared to seal of pain.

Soulwalker

4 min parse comparison standard 44RS 17Sham 5inq build.
    Extra cheese please (no rune of smiting, rune of travail on cooldown) VS Standard rotation

Prime PTS - Cleric-runeshaper-extra-cheesy.pngPrime PTS - Cleric-runeshaper-standard.png

Somethings not quite right.

Looking at the numbers compared to other abilities Rune of smiting needs it damage to be roughly tippled, in my understand it should be right under castigation.
    Last edited by jaurdoon; 05-01-2018 at 06:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by jaurdoon View Post
    Isn't a large part of why seal of vuln is under performing due to the fact that rune of smiting is hitting for far less than it should be? We need to get that fixed then re check how it performs compared to seal of pain.
    No. PTS Gear; 5% of a 6k castigation crit is +300 damage. Pain ticks for 110-120 every second (and crits for 190-200). Pain will come out on top almost every time regardless.

48 druid is plateauing right below 2k:

I've heard some runeshapers are hitting 1.65k on pts with same live spec. I must just be bad because I can't get over 1.5 even standing in melee range for auto and stuff.

Nature's Edict is functioning properly though, 904 max hit * 1.35 = 1220.4 expected, max with it on was 1,238:
    No Edict | Edict

Sigil of Spirits is also now functioning properly on PTS, increasing damage by 5% (it currently does about 11% on live):
    No Debuff | Debuff

Also, our only aoe spec:

Probably a lot worse than other classes if I had to guess. Have to see.

Somethings not quite right.

Looking at the numbers compared to other abilities Rune of smiting needs it damage to be roughly tippled, in my understand it should be right under castigation.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post

Rune of Smiting needs the 70% bandaid nerf applied last month removed.

Brutalize is double dipping on damage debuff.

(PS the trinket in the dps set for clerics that procs water damage doesn't proc at all)
    Last edited by Buffrat; 05-01-2018 at 07:12 AM.
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

Soulwalker

Default Shaman and Inquisitor Tests

Shaman 44/Druid 10/Inq 5
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#D88/l9akAlyyGEw/n8

While the damage does seem better than Prime currently, there are still some clear problems
    1. Brutalize is not doing its full damage
    2. Lightning Hammer has minimal difference with DPS

If Brutalize could be fixed, Lightning Hammer increased, and if Jolt was off GCD then dps would start to compete with 48 Druid.

Prime PTS - Cleric-shaman-lightning-dot.jpgPrime PTS - Cleric-shaman-no-lightning-dot.png

Inquisitor 51/Shaman 8/Runeshaper 7
    https://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l88/nkkgB9kil4/!9g8

Inquisitor damage seems to be the same as prime. I don't even know where to begin here, it feels like all abilities need a flat damage increase across the board, but at 50% what I can do with a 48 Druid it just isn't viable.

Prime PTS - Cleric-inquisitor.png

Other notes Druid feels like it's in the right ballpark for DPS. Messing with shaman/druid talents just clearly shows a DPS increase the more I place into druid. Runeshaper definitely has its problems now and the most I can get out of it is 1200. As Defiler I am able to do about 1500 dps which is close, but still not quite the 1700+ dps I can do with Druid.

I wanted to focus on Shaman and Inquisitor here because they have not been playable since Prime launched.
    Last edited by Kobaruto; 05-01-2018 at 04:21 PM.

Shadowlander

The problem with changing anything about shaman and Inquisitor is they get effectively 40-50% damage increase in SL with their gcd reductions.

If they wanted to temporarily make those abilities 51 pt instead of 58/61 on prime only that'd be the best way to do it but then everyone else will complain they can't have theirs.
    Last edited by Buffrat; 05-02-2018 at 02:49 AM.
    <Disturbance>
    4/4 DH
    4/4 GP

Soulwalker

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Buffrat View Post
    The problem with changing anything about shaman and Inquisitor is they get effectively 40-50% damage increase in SL with their gcd reductions.

If they wanted to temporarily make those abilities 51 pt instead of 58/61 on prime only that'd be the best way to do it but then everyone else will complain they can't have theirs.
    I don't believe that to be a very good mindset for them to move forward on. If a spec becomes viable many months later, but not considered to be fixed for now it seems to go against the overall goal of balancing. At the rate we're going SL could be 4-6 months away.

I'd also expect if they gave shaman and Inquisitor some treatement that they should do the same for the other classes with souls in the same situation. I, for one, am turned on to Rift by the fact there are 11 other roles I can switch between to diversify my gameplay. I don't think it will be good for Prime if in any meta there are only 3 or 4 valid roles per class. Even more so if you are completely locked out using a role because it just doesn't compare to others, like healing for clerics.

Here's to hoping!

Default Raid Gear!

So they added raid gear to PTS so I thought I'd test a little bit. I am a terrible Druid so I'll let others test that. So for now, here are some RS parses!

Both are the same spec: 44/RS/17Sham/5Inq

This parse is w/o RoS, using Seal of Pain and Rune of Travail on CD. Overall and increase from previous parses, but that makes sense with raid gear.

This parse is with Seal of Pain, Rune of Travail, and RoS. Seal of Vuln was about the same as the above parse, so I figured I would try something a little different.

I am 100% sure someone can tighten up the rotation/spec with the new changes and figure something else out that is more optimal.

Soulwalker

Some more runeshaper parses after today's update
    All parses in t1 raid ready gear, will do more later in the new gear
    44rs 17sham 5inq:

Standard rotation with seal of pain
    Prime PTS - Cleric-runeshaper-new-standard-pain.png

Standard rotation with seal of vuln
    Prime PTS - Cleric-runeshaper-new-standard-vuln.png

Rune of travail on CD, seal of pain
    Prime PTS - Cleric-runeshaper-new-travail-pain.png

Dps starting to look a bit more competitive with other specs after the fixes to smiting but seal of vuln still seems to be under performing by a fairly large margin.

Update: We are still missing Synergy Crystals for runeshapers
    Last edited by jaurdoon; 05-03-2018 at 08:38 AM.

Soulwalker

Standard rotation parse with the new raid gear for comparison:

Prime PTS - Cleric-rs-standard-raid-gear.png

Soulwalker

Did someone order more parses?
    Same again, full raid gear (the t2 ready set i think its called?) 4 min parses.

First up 48 druid 16 sham 2 inquis:

Prime PTS - Cleric-druid-new.jpg

Looking good, similar numbers to other callings top specs that i have seen so far, unfortunately its melee

Next up inquisitor, 51 inq, 7 sham, 8 runeshaper

Prime PTS - Cleric-inquis-new.png

Looking, not so good. Really suffering from not having our 50-60 points. Not sure how to fix this one without making it op at 60, but its very much lacking atm and would be unplayable in raids.

And finally shaman, 51 sham, 13 druid, 2 inquis

Prime PTS - Cleric-saham-new.jpg

Not quite as bad as inquisitor but still really suffering from the lack of 50-60 point abilities. Lightning hammer seems to be doing almost zero damage and should be looked at, would go some way to helping the spec. Also probably going to be a no-go for raids in its current state.

Did someone order more parses?
    Same again, full raid gear (the t2 ready set i think its called?) 4 min parses.

First up 48 druid 16 sham 2 inquis:

Attachment 32867

Looking good, similar numbers to other callings top specs that i have seen so far, unfortunately its melee

Next up inquisitor, 51 inq, 7 sham, 8 runeshaper

Attachment 32868

Looking, not so good. Really suffering from not having our 50-60 points. Not sure how to fix this one without making it op at 60, but its very much lacking atm and would be unplayable in raids.

And finally shaman, 51 sham, 13 druid, 2 inquis

Attachment 32869

Not quite as bad as inquisitor but still really suffering from the lack of 50-60 point abilities. Lightning hammer seems to be doing almost zero damage and should be looked at, would go some way to helping the spec. Also probably going to be a no-go for raids in its current state.
    I'm cool with Druid being a bit higher than RS in a stand still parse. I'm happy with 1.9k unbuffed.

I do wish Inquisitor was higher though ; ; But alas, those reasons.

Default Re-Test

Quote Originally Posted by Archonix View Post
    Thanks for all the parses!

Quick favor, could you run the same parses again with the gear from the "Prime - EP0 TEST EQUIPMENT - Raid ready - Epic DPS*" ? The ready for raid 2 box is meant for post GSB testing (we'll get it removed until it's needed on Omega).

Getting the names updated so it's a bit more clear what each box is for, and we'll get the issues with the unique equip essences cleaned up shortly as well.
    Archonix asked the Mages to parse again with a specific set of gear. This is his quote from that thread. I think we should do the same.

With the appropriate set of gear, and runes!

Last edited by omgitslos; 05-03-2018 at 12:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast