Closed Thread
Like Tree12Likes
  • 5 Post By Balidin
  • 1 Post By RoughRaptors
  • 3 Post By Balidin
  • 3 Post By Skiye

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Prime: Omega is now UP.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Prime: Omega is now UP.

Prime's PTS server, Omega, is now UP!

EDITED TO ADD THE FOLLOWING on 05/01/18:

Alpha (Live PTS) and Omega (Prime PTS) cannot be up at the same time, due to the technical requirements on the back end.
    At this time, the need for in-depth testing of soul adjustments on Prime means that Omega is going to be up for as long as this need exists. We do not have a specific ETA at this time.

We know that soul balance is very important to Live players as well as those on Prime, and these iterations will affect both services when implemented. There is a tremendous amount of crossover between them.

Recap here.
    Last edited by TrionBrasse; 05-01-2018 at 03:17 PM.

Ascendant

Paragon:

Analyze Weakness Now reduces the damage and healing penalty from Turn the Blade to 15/10% for Paragon abilities.

Not reducing turn the blade damage reduction 15/10%. Tested both 1 and 2 points in passive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

Ascendant

Weapon Master – Now also reduces the cooldown of Flurry by 7.5/15s.

Currently reducing flurry by 15s/30s when Turn the blade active.
    Last edited by Undrsiege; 04-30-2018 at 05:32 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Foxcalibur View Post
    "bros to come at me!"

It would be nice if I could get clarification on whether Elemental Bonds from the Mystic Archer talent tree is supposed to be nerfed on the PTS or not. In the first set of patch notes posted on the forums, it included an Elemental Bonds nerf where there could only be buff active at a time (instead of all 3). This was removed from the patch notes after they were edited, and is also removed from the patch notes on the fancy PTS Recap page. The nerf is still active on the PTS though.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

General of Telara

Why is the Alpha server not up? We can't test changes if there is no server to test them on.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    It would be nice if I could get clarification on whether Elemental Bonds from the Mystic Archer talent tree is supposed to be nerfed on the PTS or not. In the first set of patch notes posted on the forums, it included an Elemental Bonds nerf where there could only be buff active at a time (instead of all 3). This was removed from the patch notes after they were edited, and is also removed from the patch notes on the fancy PTS Recap page. The nerf is still active on the PTS though.
    This nerf is also pretty brutal. Clerics are able to best the pre pts ma numbers on pts as are warriors with the old school two button riftstalker build.

I can now get the same dps out of archon/ma/pyro as i do with ma/ele and ma/harb/storm while having some hefty group support

I ran into someone testing a few other mage configurations and watched them burst uonto 2.2k for about 15 seconds then drop down to 1.5k sustained. Some sort of ele/harb/storm build with st least 8 in harb. Likely not using elemental forces.

Necrolock and necro/lock/5 chloro i see no improvement. This needs addressing. Im ok with it not being a top parse but it cant be 40% behind.

The sab nerf looked substantial. You guys may be going full melee to be competitive now.

I have not been able to create a bard support build that can do the dps of the archon/ma/pyro build on test, and that only sustains a little over 1100 in the pre raid set, although it can do it forever.

General of Telara

Live PTS Alpha is Still Locked.

General of Telara

Any update on the Alpha server?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9

The answer to this should properly have been included in the Omega release notes, and I am going to go add it now:

Alpha (Live PTS) and Omega (Prime PTS) cannot be up at the same time, due to the technical requirements on the back end.
    At this time, the need for in-depth testing of soul adjustments on Prime means that Omega is going to be up for as long as this need exists. We do not have a specific ETA at this time.

We know that soul balance is very important to Live players as well as those on Prime, and these iterations will affect both services when implemented. There is a tremendous amount of crossover between them.

Brasse

General of Telara

That pretty much says it all.

Prime takes prededant over Live. You cannot possibly test changes on Prime only and think they will be that relevant to Live. I am really sorry Brasse but you are wrong with the cross over. If anythingt the live PTS should be up not the Prime. Balance for 70 then tweak for lower levels. Live takes into account masteries, legendaries, the extra talent points and eternal weapons. Any balance on Prime really does not translate to Live when there are so many variables that dont exist on Prime.

I am sorry but this is really poor. Really poor. You essentially just admitted that Prime is the main focus for Trion going forward. I am sorry again Brasse but this is really upsetting. I can't believe anything Trion says anymore.

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    That pretty much says it all.

Prime takes prededant over Live. You cannot possibly test changes on Prime only and think they will be that relevant to Live. I am really sorry Brasse but you are wrong with the cross over. If anythingt the live PTS should be up not the Prime. Balance for 70 then tweak for lower levels. Live takes into account masteries, legendaries, the extra talent points and eternal weapons. Any balance on Prime really does not translate to Live when there are so many variables that dont exist on Prime.

I am sorry but this is really poor. Really poor. You essentially just admitted that Prime is the main focus for Trion going forward. I am sorry again Brasse but this is really upsetting. I can't believe anything Trion says anymore.
    So the thing with Prime vs Live is that the combat calculations are not done in the same manner. There are multiple changes in effect that modify the incoming and outgoing damage of abilities be it damage, healing, procs...etc Pushing this straight up to a live server is a pretty bad idea, which is why we need PTS right now to test these. Yes, it sucks that Alpha cannot currently be online, but with the drastic changes that are going on behind the hood for Prime, they need to be tested ASAP and when that is completed, we hopefully should not be so reliant on Omega.

General of Telara

So essentially there is no crossover which is exactly my point.

I am sorry RoughRaptors but the treatment of the Live playerbase is disgraceful.

You guys KNEW you could only have one server up but I have to go on until I am blue in the face until you respond to us. Is that the level of respect you have for us? It's pretty poor man.

I know you are working hard. I don't know if you still play a lot but on the EU servers at least it is a desperate situation. Player counts are so low. We can't recruit, we can't raid, I am losing guildies all over because of nothing to do, there is little server activity. Live should be the main focus and it isn't.

If this was the case then you guys should have communicated it up front right at the start in Archonix first post. He didn't and I had to bang on and on to get a response. That is not good enough.

I really regret paying for 6 months of patron now.

I may be done with this game.

14.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

We put the post up on Sunday. We launched Omega on Monday. It's now Tuesday.
    That is not banging on and on.

If I had known that Alpha and Omega could not run at the same time, I would have included it. I added it at the first available opportunity, which was today.

RR has explained the rationale in more depth and we are not going to carry this on as an argument. It has been deemed as wholly necessary by the Dev Team to address ongoing balance work, and in no way indicates lack of support for Live.

Your feedback is noted, and we thank you for it. When PTS Live (Alpha) is coming back online, we'll be sure to announce it. I am now closing this thread.
    Brasse

Closed Thread