+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 38
Like Tree13Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: Eternal Weapon Adjustments

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Community Manager Yaviey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    650

    Lightbulb OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: Eternal Weapon Adjustments

    Hi all,

    The dev team has made some adjustments to Eternal Weapons on PTS and would like your help in getting feedback back from these changes. Currently, there is no ETA for these changes to hit live but we'd love to know what you think.

    Eternal Weapon Adjustments

    Warrior - Damage bonus has been changed to a flat damage add (250, 500, 1000, 2000, 25,000, 30,000). 100% of this bonus will work on DoTs and HoTs. ICD has been removed. The weapon now reduces base energy regeneration by half, but increases generation after dropping low drastically.

    Primalist - Damage bonus has been changed to a flat damage add (150, 300, 600, 1200, 12000, 18000). 20% of this bonus will work on DoTs and HoTs (this difference is due to how many of the Primalist DoT effects are constructed, the final benefit will be roughly the same).

    Mage - Damage bonus increased to 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 20000, 30000. These bonuses now work on damage over time effects.

    Cleric - Damage bonus increased to 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 20000, 30000. These bonuses now work on damage over time effects. Mana threshold decreased to 50%.

    NOTE: You won't see tooltip changes.

    Thank you!

    -RIFT Team
    Last edited by Yaviey; 10-06-2017 at 01:57 PM. Reason: updated title

  2. #2
    Ascendant forbiddenlake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    5,003

    Default

    Any Rogue changes?

  3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Community Manager Yaviey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forbiddenlake View Post
    Any Rogue changes?
    Not at this time.

  4. #4
    Sword of Telara aileen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Thank you for changes seeing everyone getting flat damage looks good but I have a few questions,

    As you know sin poisons not getting effect from eternal at all unlike other weapon procs reasoning was they were hitting 100% (ebon blades and marksman munitions same thou) and not like this almost all abilities from assasin not getting benefit from eternal because most of damage assasin does is damage over time because of this only viable 61 point assasin spec not using most of its abilties and spamming bombs from saboteur called "SinSab", will rogues get some rework on their eternals for that point too?

    Rogue healing is top because of tact/bard and don't think healing overtime increases will be nice but we also have problems like seeing all classes getting direct increases we must collect stacking buff 5x times and when we lose energy sub 50 we don't get drastical energy increase as well.

    So for that two points specialy getting energy increase and getting 1 stack buff instead of 5 stack buff will ever happen for rogue eternal changes too?

    PS: I was writing this prior to above replies but getting specific answers for this questions would be nice.
    Last edited by aileen; 10-06-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    RiftMeter for 4.3, Last update: 07/12/2017
    Some Gadgets tweaks,Updated BiSCaL for 4.3
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Are there any conditions for the primalist damage buff (like hitting 100 fury) or is it on all the time?


    EDIT: Seems like it works the same - buffs fury attacks when you hit 100 cunning, etc.
    Last edited by Harumph; 10-06-2017 at 03:54 PM.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Cleric - Damage bonus increased to 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 20000, 30000. These bonuses now work on damage over time effects. Mana threshold decreased to 50%.
    Every cast cost 10% more Mana if your Manapool over 50%. If your Mana falls under 25% - your Manacost will be reduced by 75%. So you are able to cast healspells that cost over 2k Mana even in the low range.

    This is a huge buff but only the Manapart work.

    Liveserver - Cleric - Magic Power 75118 - Defiler Miserty Affiction - 515545/538308 damage over time
    Testserver - Cleric - Magic Power 74381 - Defiler Miserty Affiction - 511380/534143 damage over time

    Liveserver - Cleric - Magic Power 75118 - Defiler Call of Rage - 395626 damage over time
    Testserver - Cleric - Magic Power 74381 - Defiler Call of Rage - 392689 damage over time

    It seems that the Bonus from the weapon didnīt work on damage over time effects

    Liveserver - Cleric - Magic Power 75118 - Runenshaper - Inscribe Fate - 126059 - 139329 damage
    Testserver - Cleric - Magic Power 74381 - Runenshaper - Inscribe Fate - 125195 - 138373 damage

    Liveserver - Cleric - Magic Power 75118 - Defiler - Marrow Harvest - 153609 - 169778 damage
    Testserver - Cleric - Magic Power 74381 - Defiler - Marrow Harvest - 152470 - 168519 damage

    I didnīt see an inraise in damage from normal spells between live- and testserver.

    The weapon-damage-bonus from test- and liveserver are equal. We got the same damage-bonus.

    EDIT 3: PTS got updated

    Buffs work now for damage over time effects and for normal spells.

    I also note that we got the full weapon buff on heal over time spells. Specs like warden are based on heal over time effects and it seems very strong now. Perhaps to strong. We will not reach Farseer but all others if this change go live.

    EDIT2:

    A small Bonus to Heals over Time should be addit.

    The last step from the eternal weapon should be lowered. 16xIrotP are 4 months. Many player switched to rogue at the last month just to make raiding possible. Give em all a chance to switch back to there favorit charakter and enjoy the new souls.
    Last edited by Sing; 10-10-2017 at 12:06 AM. Reason: understand the meaning of "Mana threshold" wrong because i am german ... i am so sorry

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Waseem2k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    815

    Default

    WARRIOR ETERNAL WEAPON

    Deep Breaths: Turning on Deep Breaths with the weapon equipped causes our energy to deplete resulting in more procs. This could make Deep Breaths a requirement in every spec. Even if the calculation was corrected, that's still -50% from the weapon and -75% from Deep Breaths, still makes Deep Breaths desirable.

    Dots/Procs: The bonus damage on dots is spread across the duration which I guess is working as intended but the proc doesn't effect active dots and possibly hots. You have to apply them while the proc is up to maximise damage.

    The same applies to procs like Leg Icy Burst and Leg Flamespear. We need the proc up to maximise them.

    Not sure why these changes were necessary. Yes it makes it easier to proc the weapon but we are still having to force proc the weapon to make good use of it. No other class has to do that. The proc shouldn't be tied to energy, the energy proc is nice as it helps specs like Warchanter but many of our specs have too many ways to regen energy.

    Make the proc 100% and either remove the regen portion or significantly reduce it.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    26

    Default

    is how the primalist proc functions staying the same? cunning damage boosted when you reach full fury and vice versa? our specs get little use out of this

  9. #9
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mokg View Post
    is how the primalist proc functions staying the same? cunning damage boosted when you reach full fury and vice versa? our specs get little use out of this
    Yeah unfortunately.

    Very few of our specs can make actual use of the eternal proc - and the ones that can were suffering already and are being nerfed heavily by this change.

    Our top dps spec literally gets nothing out of it and it seems our weapon is being tuned with that in mind (18000 vs 30000 for everyone else) which doesn't make sense to me.
    Last edited by Wynford; 10-06-2017 at 08:04 PM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

  10. #10
    Rift Master notawaifu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Mage - Damage bonus increased to 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 20000, 30000. These bonuses now work on damage over time effects.
    Elemental Forces is going to be the only spell worth casting pretty soon.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

  11. #11
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    635

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Waseem2k View Post
    [B][U]
    Deep Breaths: Turning on Deep Breaths with the weapon equipped causes our energy to deplete resulting in more procs. This could make Deep Breaths a requirement in every spec. Even if the calculation was corrected, that's still -50% from the weapon and -75% from Deep Breaths, still makes Deep Breaths desirable.
    It seems that the weapon actually takes away a certain amount of power per second, not reduce its generation by a certain % like Deep Breaths do for eaxmple. Turning it on actually auto starves you in around 21s, just by standing still.

    Oh and if you click off the proc while it's on you, it all goes away, energy generation too, untill you reequip the weapon.

    Eidt:
    After some testing the proc seems to work like this:
    • adds a flat number of damage to the skill used.
    • it works per skill damage, not tick. Tooltips can help see the effect, since DoT tooltips and channels are most of the times as one number, so the flat damage bonus gets split around to seperate ticks.
    • continuing form above, the smaller the tooltip damage number, the more it gains from the proc, so things like Leg. Swift Strike will benefit a lot, while skills that already do a lot by themselves will benefit a little.
    • active buffs like Way of the Wind update themselves when the proc is up. They also seem to be affected a bit differently. Way of the Wind doesn't gain full damage bonus added (looked like half), while Storm Blade does for example.
    • Leg. Seasoned Strike's damage increase doesn't seem to be affected by the proc.
    • looks like the damage bonus is of same type as the ability it gets added to, meaning it gets reduced by armor/resist of the target.
    • also increases auto attack damage.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 10-07-2017 at 05:25 AM. Reason: added auto attacks to the list

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    220

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Hi all,

    The dev team has made some adjustments to Eternal Weapons on PTS and would like your help in getting feedback back from these changes. Currently, there is no ETA for these changes to hit live but we'd love to know what you think.

    Eternal Weapon Adjustments

    Warrior - Damage bonus has been changed to a flat damage add (250, 500, 1000, 2000, 25,000, 30,000). 100% of this bonus will work on DoTs and HoTs. ICD has been removed. The weapon now reduces base energy regeneration by half, but increases generation after dropping low drastically.

    Primalist - Damage bonus has been changed to a flat damage add (150, 300, 600, 1200, 12000, 18000). 20% of this bonus will work on DoTs and HoTs (this difference is due to how many of the Primalist DoT effects are constructed, the final benefit will be roughly the same).

    Mage - Damage bonus increased to 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 20000, 30000. These bonuses now work on damage over time effects.

    Cleric - Damage bonus increased to 250, 500, 1000, 2000, 20000, 30000. These bonuses now work on damage over time effects. Mana threshold decreased to 50%.

    NOTE: You won't see tooltip changes.

    Thank you!

    -RIFT Team
    On the subject of eternal weapons; are there any plans to add some catch up mechanics to the eternal chain? I would assume that for someone starting the chain now the prospect of doing IRotP for 4 months (especially If the guild has already doneIRotP for 4 months already and people do not wish to do it anymore for understandable reasons) before going to the next stage may seem a bit overwhelming. Someone posted on the forums to include Malannon TD NM kills as well to speed up the process but still not making the step trivial. I like this idea. Especially if autumn fest will have a necklace like last year with 300 hit where the necklace is the only reason people go further than 1/4 in TD NM gearwise (all other gear are worse than store bought unless overlord IIRC)
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    (4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple Semiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Yeah unfortunately.

    Very few of our specs can make actual use of the eternal proc - and the ones that can were suffering already and are being nerfed heavily by this change.

    Our top dps spec literally gets nothing out of it and it seems our weapon is being tuned with that in mind (18000 vs 30000 for everyone else) which doesn't make sense to me.
    It's i Think because of your healing soul, farseer, that your eternal gives lesser value than others. With the burst of impending fate heals and with the double (triple?) ticking soul shroud HoT, its no wonder why it should do only ability heal + 18,000 rather than ability heal + 30,000

    having +30k heals per tick while its double ticking is just purely disgusting, i could solo heal the entire irotp with LFR TD gear non-upgraded.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    106

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    It's i Think because of your healing soul, farseer, that your eternal gives lesser value than others. With the burst of impending fate heals and with the double (triple?) ticking soul shroud HoT, its no wonder why it should do only ability heal + 18,000 rather than ability heal + 30,000

    having +30k heals per tick while its double ticking is just purely disgusting, i could solo heal the entire irotp with LFR TD gear non-upgraded.
    What should i say. I play Warden as well as Sentinel and get no benefit from the weapon. My hots with warden did around 30k Heal each tick. The Class with three heal souls is going to be the worst healer. Itīs like a warriortank. The Class with three tank souls is the worst tank since months.
    Last edited by Sing; 10-07-2017 at 07:20 AM.

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    It's i Think because of your healing soul, farseer, that your eternal gives lesser value than others. With the burst of impending fate heals and with the double (triple?) ticking soul shroud HoT, its no wonder why it should do only ability heal + 18,000 rather than ability heal + 30,000

    having +30k heals per tick while its double ticking is just purely disgusting, i could solo heal the entire irotp with LFR TD gear non-upgraded.
    If that were the case then they would nerf the weapon for rogue heals - with abilities like Curative Remote which trigger 8-20 times a second depending on raid size and curative/restorative engine which is entirely passive and makes them almost invincible tanks at it's final stage. I don't think that the lower value has anything to do with our healing.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts