+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree13Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: Eternal Weapon Adjustments

That is another issue. In previous expansions you could be playing all the souls competitively. Because of the introduction to eternal weapon, all the shield, procs (weapon enhancement) , DoT (Damage over time) souls have become obsolete. Although you can purchase up to 40 role slots, you could only play a maximum of 5 roles that are raid viable.

I think absorb souls are fine because they buffed tank absorbs received by 30% so tanks can easily get shields that are upwards of 50% max health. However, DoT souls could get an up or at least a fixed value of how much or how effective should be buffed depending on the class/souls. (This issue has to do with lack of resource, time, testing...)

If you insist to play DoT heavy souls you're just not playing raid viable souls and you have nobody to blame.
    Last edited by huangchingho; 10-15-2017 at 01:23 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by huangchingho View Post
    If you insist to play DoT heavy souls you're just not playing raid viable souls and you have nobody to blame.
    nobody other than the people who designed the game such that it is not viable, you mean?

Rift Disciple

Or the people how sell this obsolete souls in the shop.

Ewa
    Rift Disciple

Default Proc changed to 35,000

Warrior - Damage bonus has been changed to a flat damage add (250, 500, 1000, 2000, 25,000, 30,000)

PTS tool tip now shows final upgrade changed to 35000.

Tempest burst is lower, but not sure if overall damage is higher.

I can't properly test since PTS has no dummy alone, not in a guild for solo dummy, and fragments are changed.

Rift Master

Haven't done any sort of tests, game or spreadsheet lately, but my feeling is that a change form 30k to 35k will do very little. The problem is that it's a flat dmg added at the end of the dmg calculations for the warrior (in most cases). That means that all big hitting skills that we are using will now hit a tiny bit more, instead of 25% or 50% more that we have now.

This doesn't increase DoT dmg much either, since it's not aplied per tick but per total DoT damage. And since DoT damage usually sums up to quite a bit, extra 35k won't mean much. A rough example, with decent/good gear in raid Electricity Cascade from tempest should end up dealing around 1mil dmg, give or take. Adding 35k to this is kinda laughable then.

Imo the problem is that warrior simply doesn't rely enough on (lots) of small hits. And fixed values will always have a huge impact on those, while very little on big hitting skills/DoTs/channels. We we're also very highly dependant on our 25%/50% weapon buff to even (try to be) competitive with top specs/classes. Our souls/specs are simply not performing high enough on their own without the big gain we still get from the eternal weapon.
    Last edited by Jotunn; 10-19-2017 at 09:28 AM.

Looks for me that even our fasthitters (Paragon and Riftblade) does not get such a huge boost to get even close to Overlord, Warlord or Tempest.

Would be much better if all classes get a balancing, so all of them get playable. It's so sad that many classes nowadays are just buff/stats-giver as off-soul.
    Last edited by Zysa; 10-20-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Soulwalker

Looking at the changes to the eternal weapons across the board i have no major issues. However i am curious as to the plans for the weapons in the future. The way i see it, the final stage for the eternal weapon right now is basically T2. So the question i have is will the changes to the eternal involve a stat change for the final stage (not talking about the procs, just the base stats) to reflect T2 quality. Specifically a hit increase. As of right now the eternal weapons' max hit values are 300/600 depending on class. However, with the release of T2 im assuming that the hit on gear will be increased from a general 300 to 325 like in the past. It would seem a bit strange to have your weapons be capped at 300 hit while the rest of your gear is 325.

To sum up my overall question. Will we see any stat changes to the weapons to reflect new content?

Soulwalker

Default Mage Eternal weapon proc question.

Hello, I primarly use a Harbinger build and I was wondering about the Eternal Weapon proc. Since it is tied to primary bolts, does that mean that it is useless to my mage? Harbringer does not have any primary bots as far as I can tell, and I belive this is also true of the Abriter.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3