+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: 4.3 Crucia's Claw on PTS

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Exclamation OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: 4.3 Crucia's Claw on PTS

It's up, it's live and we're ready for feedback!

General Feedback: Please remember to keep it constructive!

Bugs: Please report bugs in as much detail as you can muster. Date, time, location, character calling, souls, level, a full accounting of what happened, and even better if you can tell us if it's reproducible or not!

Thank you for helping us improve the update!

EDIT: Please post any Mystic Archer feedback in this thread, as this is where it will be collated from! Thank you!
    -Keyens
    Last edited by Keyens; 10-02-2017 at 03:40 PM.

It was my understanding that when Mystic (the primalist support soul) came out, the other supports would be seeing a rework as well. Looking at my character on the PTS, I see no such changes in any of my support soul trees, however I see a new mage soul called Mystic Archer.

Is there an ETA for this rebalancing of supports to happen in this patch?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rivkah; 10-02-2017 at 05:14 PM.

So far
    1. You can't enter bastion of steel from alittu even with 10 man group, stating you don't meet requirements to enter.
    2. There is two winding paths passives for mystic archer, one saying every 20s other saying every 0s and rest of tooltip is same.
    Last edited by aileen; 10-02-2017 at 05:46 PM.
    RemoveBuff a simple addon for replacing cancelbuff command.
    GCDDisplay - Tweaked a simple way to track your gcd.
    a.k.a Aileenbor <Special Olympics> @ Icewatch

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rivkah View Post
    Is there an ETA for this rebalancing of supports to happen in this patch?

Thanks!
    If there any kind of balancing coming with 4.3.?
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Quote Originally Posted by Ora pro nobis View Post
    If there any kind of balancing coming with 4.3.?
    That's what I want to know. It would be a bummer if all we got was a new mage tank soul and no rebalancing that is desperately needed.

Shadowlander

The last feedback about class balance was at the last Riftstream from Chris “Archonix” Junior (Game Director).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7v-hLfS6-Z0

Time: 22:07

Edit:

Dev Chatter - August:

Q: What are the amount of a dps in your opinion people should be doing right now?

A: It varies by player, but in the 1~1.1m range for single target is going to be a solid performing raider.

https://www.thegharstation.com/2017/...ugust-23-2017/
    Last edited by Ora pro nobis; 10-02-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Shadowlander

Mental Cynosure, Level 63 mastery causes Arcane Bolt Storm to have a requirement of 110 charge.

Shock Dispersal hits 6 targets, 3 on inner circle, 3 outter. Tool tip only says 3.

How would quivers work in a raid setting, such as High Priest? From what I see on pts, the range as to how far they can spawn is quite large. I feel as though quivers may spawn in lava. Even though this spec would not work on high priest due to how shock dispersal operates.

Collecting quiver causes damage to the enemy, not sure if this is intended or I missed something in the soul.

Having Elemental Barrage hit an unlimited amount of enemies doesn't sound like a good idea.

Edit: Personally I like the idea of the soul. Managing quivers seems fun to me. However, aiming abilities just doesn't feel right to me nor collecting quivers. I feel like this could become a really fun soul to play around with, as well as a tanking off soul. Please keep up the good work!

Edit 2: Path Converge, doesn't work under 3 stacks.
    Last edited by Mrwidoes; 10-04-2017 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrwidoes View Post
    Collecting quiver causes damage to the enemy, not sure if this is intended or I missed something in the soul.
    One of the self buffs makes it so they heal you and damage enemies when picked up.

Default Rift isn't an FPS

edit: I don't completely hate this new play style. I just think it need a LOT of work and other systems made, to make it enjoyable to play in all areas of the game. This first public preview of it is leaving a lot lacking.

- aiming doesn't work in rift when it's on every ability, imo
    - playing a collecting mini-game during every raid encounter is going to end badly

Aiming, Bolts

This aiming style, with no targeting system is not fun. In a game like wildstar/star wars you get targeting boxes and charge ups etc to aim things like this. It being missing here just leads to annoying game play where you're firing into the wind. Then it's arguably worse when you add in "first target". Adds start running in front of you, awkward hit boxes, random poorly designed raid encounters and you're hitting the wrong things.

Having to run around and collect bolts is going to be awful in a raid environment. Things are going to spawn in places you simply can't be or you will die. It is going to be even worse in pvp where positioning is paramount. Then you combine these two systems and it's just stupid. You're running around picking things not hitting things because you can't aim at them. You're either slowly walking backwards or hitting the wrong targets.

For this to be playable it either needs to lock face a target or just not be a thing. It'd be a fun mechanic in another game. But with no systems supporting it, it doesn't work.imo.

Individual Spells / Bugs / Questions

~ Quiver, Bolts, etc. There's like no display, icon, buff to show you what Bolts you have. Just a Class Frame for "Elemental Bolts" Saying they're used to cast Tem Shot and ABolt Storm. In an effort to not wast time picking up bolts you don't need for ABolt Storm you need to know what one you're missing to cast the spell.

~ Shock Dispersal was clearly made the way it is to negate macroing it onto gtae. but I'll just gtae it onto myself and stand at the right range. Because manually aiming a gtae is slow and unreliable. It's just an annoying spell design. It serves no point but to be different.

~ Path Less Traveled is kept up 100% by just macroing Paths Rewritten. Because using any of the other teleports during a boss fight is too risky and unnecessary.

~ What is the point of Elemental Gifts? A tank off soul? It disables picking up new bolts which losses you access to half your spells once you run out. It looks like it should be a CD not a buff.

~ This soul has no Mage Armour? Huh? Is it being forced into a Pyro subsoul to use that Armour because it's the only one that does anything? Or is it just not using one?

~ Temportal Shot lists doing "elemental damage". Clarification please.
    ~ Paths Coverage doesnt work after you use Path of Lightning. And Paths Rewritten
    ~ Elemental Barrage has a target limit of 10. Reads "all foes"
    ~ Elemental Rapture, Arcane Shot, Earthen Sunder, Arcane Bolt Storm, Temporal Shot, and Flash Fire all make you crash if used inside a dimension - legendary and so.

Legendaries

~ Arcane Bolt Storm's is underwhelming and just a value change
    ~ Elemental Barrage is an interesting, if 100% pick, legendary
    ~ Elemental Gifts besides making no sense as a buff, the Legendary is amazing for Arbiter
    ~ Arcane Shot's Legendary could make it a pretty nice choice in Stormcaller.
    ~ Elemental Rupture again just another underwhelming value change. Though this one affects cooldowns, rotations, probably.

Conclusion

Besides the base gameplay being awful. The Rift mechanics work if you ignore the aiming and collecting.
    - A Primary Bolt spam
    - Three filler which apply buffs that buff each other
    - An oGCD spell to apply a buff for a CD to consume
    - One cd that consumes all Charge and then another to fill large amounts of Charge.
    - A channeled spell that applies a debuff

Not to mention my annoyance at a new soul being worked on while existing souls rot with bugs and subpar usage.
    Last edited by notawaifu; 10-03-2017 at 03:32 AM.

I like the gameplay of the mystic archer.

Good point: all abilities are instant cast. This kind of gameplay is totally new for mage, so very good point.

Attack without aiming ennemis is a little surprising, but i think it's a good idea to get something new.

Is this new soul is competitive, i will certainly like play dps again with my mage.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    It's up, it's live and we're ready for feedback!

General Feedback: Please remember to keep it constructive!

EDIT: Please post any Mystic Archer feedback in this thread, as this is where it will be collated from! Thank you!
    -Keyens
    ok, you dont want feedback on Mystic Archer here, and there are 3 separate topics for raid bosses,

so what should be Feedback in this thread about ?
    where can i see what have changed ?

Quote Originally Posted by Heinith View Post
    ok, you dont want feedback on Mystic Archer here, and there are 3 separate topics for raid bosses,

so what should be Feedback in this thread about ?
    where can i see what have changed ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    -Keyens
    So...there you go. Post it here Bubba.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Soulwalker

oh, yea, my bad, so i guess its just about mage soul

Quote Originally Posted by Heinith View Post
    oh, yea, my bad, so i guess its just about mage soul
    Yep, mage soul. Looks to be a tanky/dps/pvpis/ranged AoE/target nonspecific thing.
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Personally, I'm enjoying the Mystic Archer soul, it feels fun to play, though I see it being used more for open world and PvP than for dungeons and raids. The movement is a lot of fun when you have stacks of winding paths to consume.
    • I feel like aiming would be easier/nicer if we had some sort of personal telegraph marker for the player, allowing us to see the path our attack will take and make adjustments as necessary.
    • I cannot tell the difference between my elemental bolts and another player's
    • bug: Paths Converge procs Find the Way (2nd tier talent called Magical Paths - Consuming a stack of Winding Paths increases your movement speed by 30%) - Should only proc on abilities that consume them not gain stacks (thanks Nixia)
    • bug: Whenever you go under 3 stacks of Winding Paths, Paths Converge becomes unusable.
    • bug: The following skills make you crash in dimensions:
      • Elemental Rapture
      • Arcane Shot
      • Earthen Sunder
      • Arcane Bolt Storm
      • Temporal Shot
      • Flash Fire
    • Not sure if this is intended: With "Elemental Gifts" active, if you then use "Summoning Quiver", all 10 bolts will trigger at once and deal damage to the closest target within range. This also heals you completely. (thank you nixia)
    • It would be nice if "Elemental Gifts" was a toggle ability. I was running with it accidentally, and was wondering why I never got bolts.
    • Some additional effect to indicate that you just picked up an arrow would be very nice
    • I feel like we should have a short duration % run speed buff that consumes winding paths.
    • It would be awesome if we could conjure an Arcane Bow like Harbinger conjures weapons.
    • I don't feel like the different elemental bolts really add to the class's feel. I think it would simplify things if we only had one type of "elemental bolt" instead of 3 different ones.
    • Not sure if this is intended, but "Paths Rewritten" is an extremely good tanking ability for Arbiter that is available easily every 60s
    • bug?: There is no internal-CD for "Find the Way", so if you keep oscillating over that "50%" health line, you will keep stacking winding paths. This could allow an Arbiter to use "Paths Rewritten" more frequently.
    • I feel that "Lingering Elements" is one mechanic too many. I think removing this would help lower the skill ceiling on this spec.
    Last edited by Clowd; 10-03-2017 at 08:30 AM.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast