+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: 4.3 Crucia's Claw on PTS

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    I find it interesting that the next level of eternal weapon upgrade is not coming in with 4.3. That suggests it won't be end boss locked like the 16 High Priest kills stage.
    See I may be cynical but I expect it to be added a month or two down the road. I mean for the first month or two people are already going to be doing the new raid just cuz new and for the new drops. After that once interest in it starts to wane is when I expect Trion to swoop in and be like "hey guys new upgrade path! go kill this thing you've been killing abunch already" so as to prolong the content.

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    PS> And yes to catch up mechanisms for eternals. I was raising this as a future issue months ago. Convert IRotP to LFR and it would fix that stage.
    Well it's not as easy as flipping a switch to convert a raid to LFR, they've said as much several times. That said I do agree some kind of catchup needs to be added whether it's shortened lockout on IROTP or adding kill credit to Mal in TDNM.

Mystic Archer bugs:
    • At 35 & 34 meters your abilities have a 50% chance of not dealing damage, so max range is infact 33.9 meters.
    • Disruption Bolt has a cooldown of 24 seconds while every other class/soul Interrupt is 10 seconds
    • Elemental Rupture is the only way to build Charge.
    • There are 2 Talents called Flowing Engergies.
    • Arcane Bolt Storm doesn't require 100 Charge.
    • As far as can tell Elemental Gifts damaging component has an unlimited range.

So i see mages on PTS can now use Bow skins on the costumes, however i noticed i had was missing bows skins on PTS which is wierd.

This is the skins on my Live Alt Primalist, As you can see i have 14 (yes not many), but in there is the Infernal Dawn bow, wielding it and in the wardrobe skin

Now on the PTS after the Patch on my Primal you can see i'm wearing the infernal dawn bow, but it isn't in my Bow Skins?

Is anyone seeing this?
    Is it just a PTS bug and need to recopy over my chars?
    Or have i just lost some Bow Skins on PTS and will this happen also on live?

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    Now on the PTS after the Patch on my Primal you can see i'm wearing the infernal dawn bow, but it isn't in my Bow Skins?

Is anyone seeing this?
    Is it just a PTS bug and need to recopy over my chars?
    Or have i just lost some Bow Skins on PTS and will this happen also on live?
    Note: I removed the images and some of your quote to keep the size down of this reply.

The PTS is on a different "cluster" (same as like the European and North American clusters). The only wardrobe items that transfer from live to the PTS are the one purchased with Credits. However, the wardrobe images are maintained on existing wardrobes you have already setup.

So for example if you're wearing the "Ruffian's Breeches" on live and then transfer the character over to the PTS, you will still be wearing that item. But you will no longer be able to change any leggings slot to use the Ruffian's Breeches unless you've obtained them on the PTS.

Telaran

Default New upgrade path?

so after we was told that wont be any new upgrade path I can see new upgrade on PTS .......
    did you miss spoken again?
    why it don't have 325hit?
    if that not a mistake and the hit is only 300 why would we even bother to grind it?
    can one of the davs look in to it?

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    so after we was told that wont be any new upgrade path I can see new upgrade on PTS .......
    did you miss spoken again?
    why it don't have 325hit?
    if that not a mistake and the hit is only 300 why would we even bother to grind it?
    can one of the davs look in to it?
    The word I got is that these will be 325 hit by the time 4.3 goes live tomorrow. If they are still 300 hit then, submit a bug report, or explain it somewhere on the forums.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

I realise this is very late in the picture and Mystic Archer is about to go live presumably more or less as-is but I thought I'd give it a look and make a feedback anyway

I love the concept, mixed feelings about the execution.

I like the look to aim thing in principle, I mean I flippin love playing Shadow Hunter in Trove, which actually I was kind of hoping Mystic Archer would be a little bit more like than it is, but I must protest that in game as in life, effective marksmanship requires a sight. In RL archery you have both the arrow and the target lined up in view so you can see where your arrow is going to go; in Mystic Archer I can generally see where it went but never where it will go. I literally feel like I'm shooting blind. Some kind of a visual point to help aim please, even if it's toggled or a mage armour or whatever.

Too squish and not enough ammo. I can hold a maximum of ten bolts, and they decay. So I take my ten bolts down to Tenebrean Schism to kill some elites and see how that goes. I run out of ammo. A lot. It takes way more than ten bolts to kill one of those guys in anything like decent time, but I'm picking up hardly any during the fight. And if I forget or don't have a chance to reload between fights, or if I do reload but the bolts decay before the next pull, well it sucks to be me. I'd like to see either more ammo, or a lot more damage per bolt spent. Also just one type of elemental bolt, the whole thing with the different types of bolts is very fiddly, and too much RNG in which types of bolts you even get makes for spotty DPS, it undermines the whole thing.

Anyway I also die a lot. I'm tryna shoot these things, I'm outta ammo, they're getting up in melee punching me in the head, I got nothin, it's altogether a bad combo. Elemental Barrier consumes bolts, but when I need it the most is when I'm out of ammo and my DPS is through the floor and I'm desperately trying to die a bit slower than the other guy, so that's not particularly useful. Just want to hope like hey hey that I have enough charges of Winding Paths to flicker the shazam away, only those are capped at 7 so if I've been using them for Paths Rewritten well it super sucks to be me. Or I can use Elemental Gifts and hamstring my DPS by converting my bolts to heals, in which case I die less and also every fight takes a century because Arcane Shot is piddleweak. There isn't really a best option here.

Not sure if bug or feature, Summoning Quiver doesn't work with Elemental Gifts up, but Elemental Gifts doesn't consume bolts already in the quiver when it's applied. In general Elemental Gifts (or even just the Legendary) could be revised so if health is 100% then the bolts go to the quiver instead of being consumed & converted to heals. Sure would help speed up the killinatin. Moving on...

There's less utilities & control effects than I would expect in such a squishy ranged soul, there's no knockback or stun or purge or snare. I'm in open world trying to shoot something to death while it's punching seven shades of heck out of my exceptionally squishy face, I want knockback and root combo, or at the very least a stun.

Running around to pick up bolts while being punched in the head, not great. Picture me in a raid "hold on out of ammo, just need to pick up all this stuff off the floor" not gonna go down well. I'd like to see the bolts persist a little longer and an ability to spend a charge or three of Winding Paths to hoover them all up, even if it had a longish cd. Also I went for some ranged mobs and noticed that the bolts appeared basically anywhere between me and the mob, a fair number of them on the mob and nowhere near me, picture me in a raid "hold on out of ammo, just need to run to the boss for a bit" not gonna go down well.

To be fair, picking up the bolts is way less difficult for me in melee, because I normally play Harb so I'm used to a certain pattern of movement that works really well for this, so I grant there's a learning curve and finesse w/re bolt collection, but that still doesn't entirely alleviate the issues around bolt consumption vs bolt generation & capacity, nor the ensuing DPS slumps. And to be clear, the ammo concept isn't intrinsically bad or anything, it's certainly different and interesting, I just feel the implementation needs some work.

I do like the movement abilities a whole lot, and all in all I think they're well executed. I sort of think the limit of seven charges of Winding Paths could stand to be a bit higher, but at least they regenerate and if I need a topup there's Paths Converge. That's all nice, keep that.

I see that there was goal of simplicity, and yeah mage souls can be complicated so a simplified mage soul is a great move. There's a wonderful elegance to what's been created here. It has a lot of potential, and as long as I don't get punched to death it's fun and challenging to play. The good sort of challenging, the kind that's stimulating, not the kind that's frustrating or daunting.

Yes I haven't mentioned the legendaries, because I didn't use them, my reasoning being that if you built a soul that relies on legendaries such that it is fundamentally only playable at 70 then you didn't build a very good soul. Without having the time to test it out at low-low levels, I can at least say that it is essentially playable without legendaries and masteries, so it'll run through 60-70. I also didn't explore its compatibility with other souls, to make a full build I think it would benefit from pairing with support and/or healing souls for reasons that should be obvious to anyone who read this whole serve of waffles.

Overall it could use some work but I believe it's basically viable and I like it, will probably buy it, albeit certainly not right away.

Default Mystic Archer rework or Fix

Even though 4.3 is coming out I guess (at time of post) in less than 51 hours and with it Mystic Archer.

I fear that most people after the hype of a new mage soul and what it can do will want a refund. Because of how badly in was designed both in unique targeting, the mechanics behind the picking of Elemental Bolts and all the abilities that go with it.

So incase above happens, I have my own rework it's not perfect by no means as it's all on paper as they say.
    It probably won't happen anyway.

Now the main lot is everything without the unique targeting, there's also a version 2 that covers not picking up arrows; well 1 ability and 2 talents that would need changing.

Should be straightforward to follow what been changed if you understand it.

Tree:
    Dense Elements - Tier 1 - 5 Points
    Damage is increased by 1/2/3/4/5%.

Fast Hands - Tier 1 - 5 Points
    Reduces the minimal range of Mystic Archer abilities to 7/6/5/4/3 meters.

Critical Flow - Tier 2 - 3 Points
    Increases Critical Hit chance by 2/4/6%.

Fore Sight - Tier 2 - 3 Points
    Increases the bonus of The Land Provides by 15/25/35%.

Find a Way - Tier 2 - 3 Points
    Picking up an Elemental Arrow increases your movement speed by 10/20/30% for 3s.

Flowing Energies - Tier 3 - 5 Points
    Increases Spell Power by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Lightning Shot - Tier 3 - 1 Point - Instant - Requires an Elemental Arrow - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Air damage to the enemy.

Arcane Summoning - Tier 3 - 2 Points
    Hitting an enemy with Arcane Shot 4/3 times within 2s of each hit awards the Mage with 1 Elemental Arrow.

Disrupting Arrows - Tier 4 - 1 Point - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 12s - Range: 10 to 30m
    Interrupts every second for 2s.

Timeless - Tier 4 - 3 Points
    Reduces the cast time of Arcane Shot by 0.5/1/1.5s.

Focused Shots - Tier 4 - 4 Points
    Increases the damage of abilities by 5/10/15/20% that require Elemental Arrows.

Elemental Barrier - Tier 5 - 1 Point
    Picking up an Elemental Arrow shields you for 6s absorbing 20% of your maximum health.

Expanding Gifts - Tier 5 - 3 Points
    Elemental Gifts heals for an additional 33/66/100% of healing done over 6s, and increases the chance for Elemental Arrows to spawn to 5/10/15%

Chained Fire - Tier 5 - 1 Point - Toggle
    Arcane Shot hits up to 7 additional nearby enemies dealing 7% less damage per additional enemy hit.

Hot Shots - Tier 6 - 4 Points - Requires: Arcane Summoning
    Hitting an enemy with Arcane Shot 3 times within 2s of each hit increases the damage of the next ability that requires an Elemental Arrow by 5/10/15/20%. Lasts 10s.

Long Draw - Tier 6 - 5 Points
    Increases the range of non-melee abilities by 1/2/3/4/5 meters. Doesn't stack with other range increasements. Increases the damage of abilities by 1/2/3/4/5% per 5 meters the enemy is from the Mage.

Heightened Defenses - Tier 7 - 2 Points
    When hit in melee enemies within 5 meters of the Mage are stunned and debilitates for 4/8s. Can occur once every 45s.

Critical Magus - Tier 7 - 3 Points
    Your Arcane Shot has a 40% chance to restore 10/20/30% mana.

Survival - Tier 8 - 1 Point - Requires: Heightened Defenses
    Heightened Defenses reduces damage taken by the Mage by 40% for 8s and removes all damage over time effects.

Following Through - Tier 8 - 3 Points - Requires: Hot Shots
    Casting 3 abilities that require Elemental Arrows within 2s of each other, on the same enemy, increase damage taken on all enemies hit by 4/8/12% for 15s.

Study and Knowledge - Tier 8 - 2 Points
    Reduces the Global Cooldown of your Earth, Air, Fire, Ethereal and Legendary abilities to 1.25/1s.

Arcane Storm - Tier 9 - 1 Point - 6s Channel - Cooldown 1m - Cost 100 Charge - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Air damage over 6s to the enemy. Awards 3 Elemental Arrows to the Mage. Allows for movement.

Root:
    0 Points: Mystic Bow - Toggle - No Global Cooldown
    Summons a bow and quiver of electrical energy.

0 Points: Arcane Shot - Cast time 1.5s - Awards 10 Charge - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Air damage. Counts as a Primary Bolt.

2 Points: The Land Provides - Toggle
    Arcane Shot has a 25% chance that a quiver of 3 Elemental Arrows will randomly spawn within 5 meters of the Mage. The Mage can collect these nearby Elemental Arrows to fuel their abilities. A maximum of 9 Elemental Arrows can be collected. Counts as a Mage Armor.

4 Points: Deflection - Instant - Range: Melee
    Deals x to y Earth damage. Roots for 5s..

8 Points: Vantage Point - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 8s
    Leap backwards 12 meters.

12 Points: Earthen Thunder - Instant - Cooldown 15s - Requires an Elemental Arrow - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Earth damage to the enemy and up to 2 additional nearby enemies. Enemies hit are knocked back and snared by 30% for 8s.

16 Points: Elemental Gifts - Toggle
    While active Arcane Shot heals you for x health. Arcane Shot’s minimum range is set to 0 meters and Elemental Arrows have a 0% chance to spawn from The Land Provides.

20 Points: Flash Fire - Instant - No Global Cooldown - Cooldown 5s - Requires an Elemental Arrow - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Fire damage over 16s to the enemy.

24 Points: Dispelling Arrows - Instant - Cooldown 10s - Range: 10 to 30m
    Removes 2 buffs.

28 Points: Shock Dispersal - Instant - Requires an Elemental Arrow - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Air damage to the enemy and up to 7 additional nearby enemies.

32 Points: Elemental Barrage - 3s Channel - Cooldown 20s - Requires 3 Elemental Arrows - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Earth, Air and Fire damage over 3s to the enemy.

40 Points: The Land Does - Cast time 1.5s - Cooldown 40s
    Awards the Mage with 3 Elemental Arrows.

51 Points: Elemental Rupture - Instant - Cooldown 1m - Requires 9 Elemental Arrows - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Earth, Air and Fire damage to the enemy, and up to 7 additional nearby enemies. Damage is reduced by 7% per additional enemy hit.

55 Points: Evade the Blade - Instant - Cooldown 40s
    Charge forward 35 meters incredibly quickly. Can be used twice, within 10s, before going cooldown.

61 Points: Temporal Shot - Instant - Cooldown 1m - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Earth, Air and Fire damage to the enemy. Your next ability no longer requires or uses Elemental Arrows. Lasts 5s.

Version 2:
    Find a Way - Tier 2 - 3 Points
    Deflection increases your movement speed by 40/60/80% for 3s.

Elemental Barrier - Tier 5 - 1 Point
    Taking damage in melee shields you, absorbing 85% of damage taken, for 4% of your maximum health per stack for 6s. Max 5 stacks.

2 Points: The Land Provides - Toggle
    Arcane Shot has a 25% chance to award the Mage 3 Elemental Arrows. A maximum of 9 Elemental Arrows can be collected. Counts as a Mage Armor.

Legendaries:
    0 Points: Legendary Arcane Shot - Instant - Awards 10 Charge - Range: 0 to 30m
    Deals x to y random damage. Whichever non-physical that deals the highest will be applied to the enemy. Counts as a Primary Bolt.

16 Points: Legendary Elemental Gifts - Toggle
    While active Arcane Shot heals you for x health. Arcane Shot’s minimum range is set to 0 meters and Elemental Arrows have a 0% chance to spawn from The Land Provides. Reduces damage taken by 5% and increases healing received by 15%.

32 Points: Legendary Elemental Barrage - 3s Channel - Cooldown 20s - Requires 3 Elemental Arrows - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Earth, Air and Fire damage over 3s to the enemy. Increases damage taken by the enemy by 150% from abilities that require Elemental Arrows for 30s.

61 Points: Legendary Temporal Shot - Instant - Cooldown 1m - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Air damage to the enemy. Your next 3 abilities no longer requires or uses Element Arrows. Lasts 10s.

Legendary Arcane Storm - Tier 9 - 1 Point - 3s Channel - Cooldown 1m - Cost 50 Charge - Range: 10 to 30m
    Deals x to y Air damage over 3s to the enemy. Awards 3 Elemental Arrows to the Mage. Allows for movement.
    Last edited by Burninalways; 10-26-2017 at 12:16 AM. Reason: Elemental Barrier v2 was too OP for PvP

how many people will be in the now T2 10 man raid?

Quote Originally Posted by Dharien View Post
    how many people will be in the now T2 10 man raid?
    There is 3 bosses in Bastion of Steel.
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

Official feedback: I've uninstalled Rift completely for the first time since it launched. This entire expansion has turned me off, but notably the grind required for singular pieces of gear and lack of engaging and challenging content. PVP is more stagnant than it has ever been, raids are being cleared in next to no time, and there seems to be no breath of fresh air in sight.

Good luck Rift. I won't miss this expansion, but I miss what you were.
    <<Drkirb> Lvl 70 R100>> <<Kirbcobain> Lvl 70 R97>> <<Kirbsideparking> Lvl 70 R100>> <<Kirbedandlong> Lvl 70 R100>> <<Kirbstomped> Lvl 70 R100>>

Quote Originally Posted by Drkirb View Post
    Official feedback: I've uninstalled Rift completely for the first time since it launched. This entire expansion has turned me off, but notably the grind required for singular pieces of gear and lack of engaging and challenging content. PVP is more stagnant than it has ever been, raids are being cleared in next to no time, and there seems to be no breath of fresh air in sight.

Good luck Rift. I won't miss this expansion, but I miss what you were.
    And we will miss you mate,hope to see you in Camelot U.keep it blowing ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaradei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    The issue with not being able to enter The Bastion of Steel should now be resolved in the latest PTS update.
    We still cannot enter the map. (Error message: You do not meet the requirements for this map.)
    This issue is still not solved. I hope the following video clearifies the problem:

To all who encounter this problem: Do not log out - give Rift some time. You will be summoned into the instance eventually.

Xly
    Telaran

We haven't had that happen for the last two or three weeks. Interesting. And yeah, we had to re-enter with the alt raid, even with people that had no ID. I wonder if that's got something to do with your home shard of Brutwacht.

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    We haven't had that happen for the last two or three weeks. Interesting. And yeah, we had to re-enter with the alt raid, even with people that had no ID. I wonder if that's got something to do with your home shard of Brutwacht.
    While we admittedly haven't had this issue this week, it did occur last week. FalledAngel from Arm Dearg reported the same issue for Zaviel as well, although this was about a month ago. I am not sure if they still encounter this problem on Zaviel. It would be good to know whether or not people on the American cluster observe the same laggy behavior.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast