+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: 4.3 Crucia's Claw on PTS

What park said x1000.

-rng in raid rifts for essences
    -rng in remotely decent fragments... (forget the ~30k plat 15ing them)
    -eternal grind
    -trinket rep ungrindable for the most part- only dailies.

Those are some of literal barriers, with eternal probably being the worst. Between widget and 4 months of high priest... just give me back relics a la traditional raiding lol. Have hardly seen weapons drop from the raids too. The idea for eternal was really creative though. Just like in the past when raids were slowly nerfed over time maybe ease up on those two variables.

As much as stats donít mean as much as they used to the gap between newbie and bis feels like a Grand Canyon. Between 70 in basic gear and close to bis itís over 100% capability. Not sure if it always has been this pronounced... maybe it has and i never gave it any thought.

Tl dr the player power curve probably needs some flattening.
    Rogue

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Upgraded items will be in with launch but are not currently on PTS.
    I'm a bit terrified about the kind of time and resource sink the upgraded helm and ranged are going to require. Any hint as to what we might expect?
    Will it be something demoralizing like 16 prophetic amenders, 1k colossi kills, 50k planar pellets, and 16x BoS clears? Will the need for constant mindless grinding intensify?

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #63

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by minimaster View Post
    I hope you realise that with adding another eternal weapon upgrade while keeping the Wicket and 16x iROTP stage you're essentially stopping all hardcore and semi-hardcore raiders from ever returning to this game. Helm/ranged is fine, because if you are dedicated you can just grind those, but 25 minion card levels and 16 weeks of raiding is another thing, and that would only allow you to start on this new eternal tier, which I'm assuming is another 16x T2 raid.

tl;dr, no returning raiders want to be forced into 20-36 weeks of mandatory upgrades.
    I think there might be a bit of confusion because there isn't another eternal weapon upgrade coming with 4.3

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #64

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by Sawdummist View Post
    I'm a bit terrified about the kind of time and resource sink the upgraded helm and ranged are going to require. Any hint as to what we might expect?
    Will it be something demoralizing like 16 prophetic amenders, 1k colossi kills, 50k planar pellets, and 16x BoS clears? Will the need for constant mindless grinding intensify?
    I think I see the confusion now. What I meant was that this raid would have T2 items, which is an upgrade from T1. Eternals are not being upgraded at this time.

I think I see the confusion now. What I meant was that this raid would have T2 items, which is an upgrade from T1. Eternals are not being upgraded at this time.
    I think he was referring to relic helm and ranged, not eternal items. I also understood your post as they getting their upgrade path on live but did you mean the upgrade path from T2 DROPS wont be revealed on PTS?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (3/3 BoS)

Telaran

Its generally understood that the new T2 raid will have T2 loot.

When I said "helm and ranged" I was in fact referring to the crafted BiS helm and ranged items that require mass farming of crater elites, footholds, and rifts alongside a mountain of amenders, celestial matrixes, etc.

Telaran

Default Are you for real?

I just spend ton of money for upgrade parts base on your announcement are you going to give me all my plat back now?

Quote Originally Posted by Parkhyeyeon View Post
    Yeah, the catch up game is way out of reach now. Definitely time to lower the requirements... and/or make T1 twice per week lockout.
    Remove T1 lockouts completely with release of T2. Simply have it work like LFR. Get your weekly free loot and any extra runs require IRC's.
    The above post is most likely cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, unnecessary, and informative. I apologize for any information gained from said post. It was meant purely to be cynical, sarcastic, offensive, rude, and unnecessary.

The eternal weapons are the main hurdle for returning players. Ranged and helms could drop and be marginally inferior to the crafted and be adequate, but eternals stand alone because of the buffs. I don't think people would have too much problem with ranged & helmets being close to BiS in T2, but with the blood, sweat and tears invested in the weapons any raid drops coming too close would cause a major rise in cortisol levels.

I find it interesting that the next level of eternal weapon upgrade is not coming in with 4.3. That suggests it won't be end boss locked like the 16 High Priest kills stage. Alternatively it means they are done with eternal weapon upgrades for the expansion, but that possibility doesn't bear thinking about as it would mean future weapon drops would likely be superior to the eternals.

PS> And yes to catch up mechanisms for eternals. I was raising this as a future issue months ago. Convert IRotP to LFR and it would fix that stage. Twice per week is still two months of farming, which doesn't really fix the issue of a big catch up delay.
    Last edited by Linolea; 10-17-2017 at 09:00 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    I just spend ton of money for upgrade parts base on your announcement are you going to give me all my plat back now?
    You must have been spamming that forum refresh button and had the unluckiest 3 minute gap in the world.

Though its weird you waited so long to reply.

Hm.
    Last edited by Maltie; 10-17-2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Nixia@Greybriar

Telaran

Default now can you tell us

why do you have the need to do Eternal Weapon Adjustments if have no new upgrade path ?
    you could use the devs to do something use full in that case idk hmm grrr hmmm maybe finish with fragment that we was promised long time ago?
    idk I just put it out there I will brain storm with you as much as needed.

Ok so can we get a little bit of clarification here? Will eternals still be the BIS weapon, or will they be replaced with something for the t-2 raid. I get that eternals arent getting a new upgrade path, they are just being adjusted, per the post specifically relating to that, but will the Eternal Weapon still be the BIS in T2 or will it be replaced with something.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Dragynkyn View Post
    Ok so can we get a little bit of clarification here? Will eternals still be the BIS weapon, or will they be replaced with something for the t-2 raid. I get that eternals arent getting a new upgrade path, they are just being adjusted, per the post specifically relating to that, but will the Eternal Weapon still be the BIS in T2 or will it be replaced with something.
    They said eternal weapons should be forever BiS, until some kind of unknown future revamp.

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    They said eternal weapons should be forever BiS, until some kind of unknown future revamp.
    that was my understanding too.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    why do you have the need to do Eternal Weapon Adjustments if have no new upgrade path ?
    you could use the devs to do something use full in that case idk hmm grrr hmmm maybe finish with fragment that we was promised long time ago?
    idk I just put it out there I will brain storm with you as much as needed.
    because they are using them to try and fix the balance issues. they even talked about it in the live stream. Eternals are a large part of the problem.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast