+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: 4.3 Crucia's Claw on PTS

Some other feedback to the new raid.

I'm testing with german client and there are plenty missing translations inside the raid for abilities, buffs, debuffs, casts and units.

very positive that the abilities from the new mage soul already have translations!

Default Mystic Archer Bugs and QoL

Don't know where to post this, or if a Dev has an already active forum thread for this and it's hidden from the general public.

Took a look at the new mage soul, didn't do any dps testing as I'm way out of date for that sort of thing.

Question how do you see how many Earthen, Lightning or Burning Bolts you have in your quiver?
    All I see is a total of the combined amount.
    • Change Arcane Bolt Storm to cost 100 Charge, (can't remember how a mage gets 110 Charge).
    • Change Elemental Gifts & Legendary Elemental Gifts into a Toggle.
    • A Range limit needs to added to the tooltips of Arcane Shot/ Legendary Arcane Shot, Temporal Shot, Flash Fire, Earthen Sunder, Elemental Rupture/ Legendary Elemental Rupture, Elemental Barrage/ Legendary Elemental Barrage and Arcane Bolt Storm/ Legendary Arcane Bolt Storm.
    • Shock Dispersal has a base range of 35 meters and increases to 40 meters when you add the 5m increasement from a soul talent or Mastery.
    • Summoning Quiver causes Sparking Destruction to proc.
    • Magical Paths doesn't increase your movement speed at all, please also include a duration within the talent.
    • The proc should also be delayed by 1s when using Path of Air or Path of Stone as they both take a second before you land.
    • Also I think Magical Paths should proc when you pick up a Bolt.
    • Shock Dispersal area of effect is too big, maybe the internal aoe diameter should be 3 meters wide and the external aoe radius be 3.5 meters wide (guessing of what a meter is in the game, as it looks 30 meters wide currently).
    • Also I think Shock Dispersal should be single target and drop the aoe at the target's location, dealing 100% of the damage to 2 additional enemies; damage is increased when hit enemies are 1.6 meter away from the initial hit.
    • Dense Elements might want to be the requirement for Flowing Energies, and Flowing Energies might want to be the requirement for Elemental Bonds.

This below needs to be added to the soul to make Mystic Archer an "Archer", and should help with vfx (or whatever you call it) for the soul's abilities.

0 Points: Mystic Bow - Instant - No Global Cooldown
    Summons a bow and quiver of electrical energy. Elemental Bolts spawn between the Mage and the direction of the target. Lasts 1h.

Last edited by Burninalways; 10-08-2017 at 01:07 PM.

It's Clear that Mystic Archer is here to stay, and that the 2 main mechanics are also here to stay (Skills w/o Target and Picking up Arrows). You have told us where you expected and focused the soul towards, (mainly open world) however I feel doing this means major changes to the soul to achieve this Especially when we have Harbinger by far the Best Solo Soul, so I think the soul really should be focused on using it anywhere, whether it be raids/dungeons/open-world/PvP.

Due to this I have some idea's that keep the 2 main mechanics of the soul and tried to think of ideas to improve the soul that doesn't require that much effort or real major changes. I believe that these would improve the feel of the soul and put it in a nicer place.
    --------------------------------

First up I think the soul GCD is just to slow at 1.5sec. With all the skills being instant with 1 channel it feels like this soul should be 1 sec GCD and I believe will feel much better and a bit more fast pace. Harbinger is 1sec GCD and feels nice, and all the Primal souls are also. I Think this should be a must.

I suggest "Critical Magus" or "Fully Drawn" turned into 1 point talent, and then add a new talent branch on same tier, costing 2 points, reduces GCD of your MAGE abilities (not static mystic archer + Ethereal) to 1.25sec and 1sec. Just so that you can use off souls and they doesn't case chunkiness by them being 1.5sec and Mystic Archer 1sec.
    --------------------------------

Next due to the upcoming change to how the arrow on floor mechanic works (Posted on your twitter), with the arrows only spawning in front of the mage and have a smaller distance. I think that the movement abilities all should be "Instant No Global Cool-down" with a "1 second cool-down" to have the option to run forward collect then using a XXX Arrow leap backwards, without wasting a Damage GCD. Also could then use this to Charge forward to collect and Leap Back to spot. It Also provides a move agile soul on moving round, and also preventing ultimate spam "no global cool-down" by adding a cool-down to these abilities. Also feel that they should also share the same cool-down.

"Path of Stone" "Path of Air" "Path of Lightning" Change to "Instant - No Global Cooldown" with a "1 second cooldown" and also have a shared cooldown.
    ---------------------------------

"Elemental Gift" Change to toggle
    "Elemental Gift" Change to X% chance on arrow pickup or damage, to heal for X but damage is reduced by 50%, so can still collect arrows and deal damage with healed
    "Elemental Barrier" Now also heals the mage for XXXX, so you heal yourself and shield, with shield still stackable
    ------------------------------------
    This next suggestion also been suggested earlier in thread and I totally agree on, "Lingering Elements" Mechanic should be removed from "Elemental Rupture" and "Temporal Shot" and "Arcane Bolt Storm", it adds a unnecessary complexity to the soul and really makes the play style clunky and messy. Thought about ways to make it better, but I feel it still adds to much complexity on top of the 2 main new mechanics, however I do have couple of suggestions further down to make the play style of soul nice smoother.

Remove "Lingering Elements" Mechanic

So with removing "Lingering Elements" first change skill would be to "Temporal Shot" to give this a purpose but also making sure it isn't macro-able.

"Temporal Shot" Turn this into some kind of AoE or ST DoT (Lasting 15secs, "Instant")
    Add to a Branch Talent or to a Mastery, While "Temporal Shot" is on the Target, your damaging abilities (or mystic archer) deal 5%/10%/15% more damage to the target.
    Make "Temporal Shot" Drop Arrows on the floor as well

The other ability to change is "Elemental Rupture" however I think the functionality should stay the same apart from the "Lingering Element" and also spice up the Legendary a little.

"Elemental Rupture" Deals X% more damage the less charge you have.
    "Legendary Elemental Rupture" add "galvanic Strike" type legendary to this, so the Lower your Charge when you use this, you get 0.25% more damage per missing Charge lasting 15 secs.
    Remove the Charge gained back from "Elemental Rupture"
    "Elemental Rupture" cool-down reduced on the amount of missing charge (Make sure at 0 charge leaves spell at a 10second ish cool-down or 15, or some other type mechanic so it isn't repeatable pressed at 0 charge, but only used after the Channel)

So the final ability that would be effected by "Lingering Element" is "Arcane Bolt Storm" and i have and idea that redo this ability to be a Carbon Copy of "Elemental Barrage" however instead of being AoE, this being Pure ST, so the idea behind it is to either use "Arcane Bolt Storm" or "Elemental Barrage" Depending how many targets you want to hit, it increases the ST and creates a better play style of the soul. Due to this, i think as each arrow gives you 1 Charge, these 2 channels when they consume a Arrow should also remove Charge meaning you can get down to 0 Charge after using it ready to use "Elemental Rupture". Because of this i think for ST the arrows should drop higher rate to make sure you can go from 0-10 arrows in at least 15seconds.

"Arcane Bolt Storm" Change the functionality of this to be like "Elemental Barrage" however purely ST.
    "Arcane Bolt Storm" and "Elemental Barrage" Consume Charge Per arrow spent
    "Arcane Bolt Storm" and "Elemental Barrage" do much more damage the more Arrows you have to spend (forcing to get 10)
    "Arcane Bolt Storm" Higher Damage then "Elemental Barrage" with 2/3 Targets
    Number of Arrows spawned with 1 target with "Earthen Sunder, Flash Fire, Shock Dispersal and Temporal Shot" increased to 2 or "Remove 3sec ICD off Spell twisting Talent"
    "String Your Bow" talent, Change to "Causes the next Arcane Bolt to deal triple damage, with 5s ICD" or "Arcane Bolt Storm Causes your next Arcane Shot to do triple damage"
    Or I quiet like this "Earthen Sunder, Flash Fire, Shock Dispersal and Temporal Shot cause your next Arcane Shot to deal Triple Damage" to create a AS - FF/ES/SD/TS - AS... rotation ish and once full Arrows Drain with ST/AoE Channel, and then make "Spell Twisting a 2sec ICD" instead of 3
    ----------------------------------------------------

Seen a few suggestions on making a Harbinger Weapon Type ability for Mystic Archer, but having a bow, couldn't we just be allowed to have Bow Skins, we can already have swords, 2h swords etc. What is the harm in allowing us to also wield bow skins?
    --------------------------------------------------

I see where you going with the "Shock Dispersal" AoE, agree with previous posts size is to big, idea which people may not like, but make it so this ability does less ST damage then "Arcane Shot" and also make it so you AoE does more damage on the outer ring then centre, focusing people if they want more AoE Damage to use the mechanic, if not bothered then @GTAE macro

"Shock Dispersal" deal less ST damage then "Arcane Shot"
    "Shock Dispersal" deal X% more damage on the outer ring than the inner ring
    ---------------------------------------------------

This would create a kind of,, Arcane Shot - Temporal Shot/Flash Fire/Shock Dispersal/Earth Sunder - Arcane shot... Rotation to get 10 arrows on ground
    then using,, Path of Stone - Path of Air. To pick up the arrows in front of you
    Then ST or AoE channel to consume arrows and get 0 charge
    Then Elemental Rupture to provide its buff and reduce its cool-down
    Then back to standard rotation style.

Can provide easier versions with macro's or a min/max case depending how you would like to play

What do you all think about these? Please bounce idea's off this, even if you don't want to play it (due to what ever reason), I still think we should be trying to make it still feel as smooth as possible with the vision of the 2 main mechanics in mind for people that do want to play this or may in the future that didn't test or can't test.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #49
    Rift Team

With today's PTS update on 10/10/2017, in regards to the raid, here are general, non-boss changes:

- Added an orb at the start of the instance that will despawn the initial trash mobs
    - Flamethrower for the X117 Titan's is now fixed and no longer continues to do damage after the channel ends

Also disregard the tooltips for the entrance orb, and the three individual pts only orbs that spawn bosses. I'm being lazy and using the orbs I made for TD :P

The first set of boxes, aiming lines added are a nice start. But since they only appear AFTER you cast the spell :: they're effectively useless for their intention.
    No longer playing Rift
    Mage Bugs in 4.3

Telaran

Well, the only thing we see at the moment is, that you not should bring any warriors for the first kill. You will see how bad the balance is at day one simple because the classes which are behind will be missing in the raid. The player will show you directly with their selecting of the classes how wrong you guys are in the part of balancing.

Arbosch Bloodforge

Telaran

Mystic Archer's elemental bolt's visual effects need changed, they are way to hard to see in bright snowy areas such as in our current endgame zone, Vostigar Peaks.

If Shock Dispersal was changed so the middle area spawned bolts, I personally feel, this would feel a lot less clunky. Having to run around picking up bolts and aiming your attacks with the direction of your character is plenty enough to have to pay attention to with the addition of having to maintain buffs with the use of awkward short ranged teleports. Having to do all that and manually having to lay down ground target aoes is a tedious chore. This spec needs some quality of life changes.

Telaran

Mystic Archer - Path of Lightning bug update.
    This seems to only happen when you use the ability on hills, especially when your character's landing spot is also on a slope. landing on a downward slope launches your character forward.

It's almost comical, the farthest I've flung myself with this on the pts is 285 METERS with one use of the ability.

(special thanks to Labdacus for helping me test the range on the pts)

Quote Originally Posted by notawaifu View Post
    The first set of boxes, aiming lines added are a nice start. But since they only appear AFTER you cast the spell :: they're effectively useless for their intention.
    It's a copy of EdenStar abilities, though they need to appear when you mouseover the tooltip so you know where they are going to land.
    Though way things are going might want to rename it to the Mystic Gunslinger, giving it two guns in each hand because of how big these boxes are.

Also with these new boxes a minimal a range of 5 to 7 meters might want be a added so it looks like you're firing arrows at a target, otherwise it's going to look a lot like ESO "Wall of Elements" ability.

So basically you're firing your arrows into the target causing them to leave a trail of "type" damage in a straight line towards your target.
    It also adds in a difficulty of not allowing you to be in melee range to use most your abilities and might help to spot where your Elemental Bolts drop.

Soulwalker

Default Monthly Patron Sparkle Quest in 4.3

Will the Monthly Patron Sparkle Quest be updated to T2 gear on the 25th/26th of October?

Isp
    Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Robert80 View Post
    Will the Monthly Patron Sparkle Quest be updated to T2 gear on the 25th/26th of October?
    They switched it to T1 3.5 months after 4.1 release. So wait for the middle of February.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #57

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    so I didn't see and new upgread to the helm/range/and int weap is that mean it's the end of it?
    EDIT: T2 items will be in with launch but are not currently on PTS.
    Last edited by Yaviey; 10-17-2017 at 10:30 AM. Reason: clarity

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    Upgraded items will be in with launch but are not currently on PTS.
    I hope you realise that with adding another eternal weapon upgrade while keeping the Wicket and 16x iROTP stage you're essentially stopping all hardcore and semi-hardcore raiders from ever returning to this game. Helm/ranged is fine, because if you are dedicated you can just grind those, but 25 minion card levels and 16 weeks of raiding is another thing, and that would only allow you to start on this new eternal tier, which I'm assuming is another 16x T2 raid.

tl;dr, no returning raiders want to be forced into 20-36 weeks of mandatory upgrades.
    Minimaster@Zaviel - The Fires of Heaven - 9/9 MoM

Quote Originally Posted by minimaster View Post
    I hope you realise that with adding another eternal weapon upgrade while keeping the Wicket and 16x iROTP stage you're essentially stopping all hardcore and semi-hardcore raiders from ever returning to this game. Helm/ranged is fine, because if you are dedicated you can just grind those, but 25 minion card levels and 16 weeks of raiding is another thing, and that would only allow you to start on this new eternal tier, which I'm assuming is another 16x T2 raid.

tl;dr, no returning raiders want to be forced into 20-36 weeks of mandatory upgrades.
    If nothing else I hope the powers that be read this. We have lots of 3.x raiders in our discord channel that talk about coming back to raid but the first question they ask is how long it will take to catch up with bis gear. When I explain the general response is, oh okay back to Diablo then!

Forget about wicket, drastically reduce the amout of colossi / experts / td / irotp needed for the eternal and give existing and retuning players the chance to catch up quickly.

We are currently actively recruiting, if you are an exceptional player of any class please find an officer in game for a chat - Guild info is Here

CoA 6/6 (World 1st NM, 5th HM) - iROTP 4/4 (EU 1st Non-cheese kill!) - TD Normal 4/4 (World 2nd)

Rift Disciple

Yeah, the catch up game is way out of reach now. Definitely time to lower the requirements... and/or make T1 twice per week lockout.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast