+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL FEEDBACK: 4.3 Crucia's Claw on PTS

Rift Disciple

how many people is the new t2 raid?
    any news or rumours about the other souls?

Quote Originally Posted by Mystifal View Post
    how many people is the new t2 raid?
    any news or rumours about the other souls?
    New T2 raid is a 10-man. Expect all raids going forward to be 10-man.

No news or rumors about the other souls. "Canonneer" has been mentioned in the older Rift Discord as a potential idea for Warrior, but no other details have been provided.
    Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

We can provide feedback on things that don't work or tool-tip errors etc. and whats it like to play (Assuming we are doing it right)

But the Question should be, What is the main Purpose of the soul? What is it meant to be, what is the idea of the mechanics, what was the vision you had to set up this soul? Where do you see this soul being used, Open World, Dungeons, PvP, Raids?

With this i can build a better picture of the soul and provide more useful Feedback, because currently we have no explanation, apart from generic tool-tip and this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaviey View Post
    • New Mage Soul: Mystic Archer
      • Mystic Archers focus their power in the form of magical arrows fired from their bow. Care should be taken when utilizing the Mystic Archerís abilities as each offensive spell in their arsenal must be aimed, by either character movement or placing ground-targeted AoEs where the most devastation will ensue.
    Side note:
    The Arrows, are using Particles and Ground Clutter etc? There are times when i move to far from my arrows (which isn't far 10m?) that i cannot see them on the ground.

Currently the Arrows have no fade away time, spawned some, didn't collect, ran away, went afk, came back to dummy, and arrows are still on the floor, is there a limit?

Also is no limit on how many arrows go on the floor? if i stand there and spam the abilities that spawn arrows then, there becomes to many on the floor and again i cannot see any of the arrows around me.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Quote Originally Posted by Alfiexx View Post
    We can provide feedback on things that don't work or tool-tip errors etc. and whats it like to play (Assuming we are doing it right)

But the Question should be, What is the main Purpose of the soul? What is it meant to be, what is the idea of the mechanics, what was the vision you had to set up this soul? Where do you see this soul being used, Open World, Dungeons, PvP, Raids?

With this i can build a better picture of the soul and provide more useful Feedback, because currently we have no explanation, apart from generic tool-tip and this:

Side note:
    The Arrows, are using Particles and Ground Clutter etc? There are times when i move to far from my arrows (which isn't far 10m?) that i cannot see them on the ground.

Currently the Arrows have no fade away time, spawned some, didn't collect, ran away, went afk, came back to dummy, and arrows are still on the floor, is there a limit?

Also is no limit on how many arrows go on the floor? if i stand there and spam the abilities that spawn arrows then, there becomes to many on the floor and again i cannot see any of the arrows around me.

Good point on the first one. The design for this soul was intended to keep with its theme (note that this doesn't mean you can't find new and unique ways to use it, just that the core design is focused a particular way).

Mystic Archers are primarily designed to give a potent open world soul to mages that has several options for self sufficiency and powerful alpha strikes, while still having the ability to fight for longer periods of time (albeit with a much more complicated set of interactions the longer you fight). To facilitate this they have powerful mobility and defensive options that make them very flexible, as well as fairly high damage baseline. Many of these same elements will make them dangerous in PVP as well.

While it is certainly important that they feel viable when fighting in dungeons and raids when possible (and some encounters are just not going to be great picks for a Mystic Archer), part of their strength is that they can be somewhat more self reliant than many other mage souls while solo.

Currently each element of arrows has a 10m lifespan on the floor (which is entirely too long and is placeholder), and you can have a fairly large number of them just sitting idle if you want to. It is also currently possible for an arrow to spawn close enough to be picked up automatically, although I don't know if that will survive to launch. While I don't know specifically what FX tech the arrows are tied to, they mimic the behavior of old Saboteur traps, so it is possible if you have your settings very low they could blip out of existence reasonably early.
    Systems Designer - Rift
    Warriors and Rogues for life!

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20
    Rift Team

The issue with not being able to enter The Bastion of Steel should now be resolved in the latest PTS update. Apologies for the error, and thank you for your patience.

Now crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of Crucia.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    The issue with not being able to enter The Bastion of Steel should now be resolved in the latest PTS update.
    We still cannot enter the map. (Error message: You do not meet the requirements for this map.)

Telaran

After playing with the Mystic Archer soul last night, I absolutely hate it. Having to aim spells has no place in rift, this is not an action-mmorpg. This play style doesn't belong in this game. I thought that was apparent with the need to change molten wave to a DoT with it's legendary.

There is NO environment in rift that needing to run around to pick up your elemental bolts will function well outside of fighting dummies.
    PvP - Positioning is king and with this mechanic you are no longer in control of where you need to be have to chase those bolts down.
    Raids/Dungeons - Can't chase bolts while dodging insta-kill mechanics, gotta stay out of that red.
    PvE - the dangers of aggroing a lot of extra mobs is already high in the new zone while standing still, i couldn't fathom needing to run around like a mad man at the same time

As a mage I'm very displeased with the current gameplay of this soul. feels clunky and lackluster.

Shadowlander

Default upgread items

so I didn't see and new upgread to the helm/range/and int weap is that mean it's the end of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post
    Good point on the first one. The design for this soul was intended to keep with its theme (note that this doesn't mean you can't find new and unique ways to use it, just that the core design is focused a particular way).

Mystic Archers are primarily designed to give a potent open world soul to mages that has several options for self sufficiency and powerful alpha strikes, while still having the ability to fight for longer periods of time (albeit with a much more complicated set of interactions the longer you fight). To facilitate this they have powerful mobility and defensive options that make them very flexible, as well as fairly high damage baseline. Many of these same elements will make them dangerous in PVP as well.

While it is certainly important that they feel viable when fighting in dungeons and raids when possible (and some encounters are just not going to be great picks for a Mystic Archer), part of their strength is that they can be somewhat more self reliant than many other mage souls while solo.

Currently each element of arrows has a 10m lifespan on the floor (which is entirely too long and is placeholder), and you can have a fairly large number of them just sitting idle if you want to. It is also currently possible for an arrow to spawn close enough to be picked up automatically, although I don't know if that will survive to launch. While I don't know specifically what FX tech the arrows are tied to, they mimic the behavior of old Saboteur traps, so it is possible if you have your settings very low they could blip out of existence reasonably early.
    I know your main focus is probably this new soul, but any chance at an update for the promised support rework? All the supports were meant to be normalized when Mystic (primalist) came out, but it seems like it hasn't happened yet. What are your plans for rebalancing in 4.3?
    Last edited by Rivkah; 10-03-2017 at 01:01 PM.

Soulwalker

i did try the build 61 MA 0 ARB 15 Pyro
    i reached 961K on a dummy over 7:25 (doing about 850K as pyro)

targeting should be like rogue marksman, having to face the mobs while running around picking the bolts is just frustrating.

the bolts spawning randomly make that build impossible for raids (in lava for arakhurn, in fire geyser for malannon, just as example)

the bolts spawn also become complicated if you have more than one mystic ranger around, the room becomes full of bolts that you can't pick... we were 3 around the dummies, all running around trying to pick bolts that weren't our...

Quote Originally Posted by Keyens View Post

seems like this souls has a heavy emphasis on open world, i dont know keyens if i want to do well in open world why wouldnt i just buy harb the undisputed best soloing spec in rift period over this? harb has stuns,cleave,self heals,damage reduction,run speed, stealth, temporary range.

my impressions so far is that this soul is needless complicated. picking up things and needing to face your target need to go.

like someone already said these things dont help in open world, both look like they just lead you to agroing things u dont want.

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    seems like this souls has a heavy emphasis on open world, i dont know keyens if i want to do well in open world why wouldnt i just buy harb the undisputed best soloing spec in rift period over this? harb has stuns,cleave,self heals,damage reduction,run speed, stealth, temporary range.

my impressions so far is that this soul is needless complicated. picking up things and needing to face your target need to go.

like someone already said these things dont help in open world, both look like they just lead you to agroing things u dont want.
    I just don't see the point in this soul existing. My 65 mage sidekicked and specced into chloroharb is a better solo open world character than most other souls. I'm confused at the "need" that this soul is meant to fill. As far as I know, mages were mostly wanting buffs to their existing DPS souls so that they could perform better in raids, as opposed to a tanky open world spec.

Telaran

Arcane Archer my observations

Positional skills/aiming abilities: I firmly believe that stuff like Arcane Shot, Eathen Sunder, Flash Fire, Temporal Shot, Elemental Barrage, Arcane Bolt Storm, Elemental Rupture, and Shocking Dispersal (oh dear that's just about everything) don't belong in this game at all. The games combat system isn't designed in a way that makes action-rpg combat fun or even function well. These do not feel good at all. It is clunky more then anything else in the game.

Shock Dispersal - having to aim a ground target aoe is painfully annoying on top of having to aim my character to use any other ability while running around.

Elemental bolts - The mechanic requiring you to run around and pick these up is tedious at best. In Vostigar Peaks i aggroed way more mobs then I wanted just trying to gather these up. This mechanic was not fun in any way, and was not open world friendly. It didn't help that they're super hard to see in bright areas such as the northern half of Vostigar Peaks.

Path of Lightning - Use this while facing down any hill, teleports you 35 meters as intended straight into the air then you hit the ground and bounce another 50 meters or so forward....

Paths Converge - keeps bugging out on me even when i have charge and mana... can't cast it to get winding paths back.

The build is too mana intensive if using Temporal Shot when it's available I've depleted my mana in just over 1 min. using it in my rotation.
    On that note Arcane Shot's mana regen (from Critical Magus) seems kinda off to me sometimes it works well and keeps my mana bar filled pretty well other times it doesn't seem to proc enough and i'm mana starved before i know what's going on.

Elemental Gifts - using this prevents you from using any of the abilities that actually do decent damage. This feels worse then using chloro's lifegiving veil in a dps spec.

Elemental Barrage - The duration of this ability is the same no matter how many bolts you are firing this means if you are using it with fewer then 10 bolts there are periods of channeling that do absolutely nothing and you are forced to use a stopcast macro after the last bolt lands on the target.

This build has decent burst at the start of the fight, but the sustained is super lacking.

In true single target you don't generate enough Elemental bolts to fully utilize your abilities, dps on a single target is terrible.

So far I have to say, I realy like the Mystic Archer, except for one point, the collecting of bolts. Not that it messes the spec up completely, but I haven't played anything yet, that feels clunkier. Other Mystic Archers being able to "steal" my bolts doesn't help either. (While testing on dummies, i was able to grab bolts of other players and vice versa)
    Other than this, i realy enjoy it. I like the theme, i love the kiting options but i see hard times for this spec if the bolts remain like this and aren't auto-collected, especialy, like others already pointed out, in single target situations.
    Disso@Zaviel <Chronic Insanity> Disso@Deepwood <SlashFlex>

what the spec really needs is an ability to gather/ suck the bolts in to the mage rather than just running around over them all over the place to collect them .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast