+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Slipmat
  • 2 Post By Icarus
  • 1 Post By Epsiry

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Bastion of Steel - Titan X

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default OFFICIAL: Bastion of Steel - Titan X

The first Tier 2 raid, Bastion of Steel, is now open for testing on PTS. Please place any feedback here in this thread for the third boss, Titan X.

Telaran

Default can't get in

so how would you like it to test it?

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    so how would you like it to test it?
    Apparently the latest PTS build did not pick up the fix for this Hopefully...third time (build) is the charm.

Going to be 3 bosses total?
    Empirez -- Faeblight -- 70 Warrior-Overlord-Tempest-Paragon-Champion-Warchanter-Lib -- <Dawn of Terror> 4/4 IROTP -- 4/4 NM TD --

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

A strange boss to fight, hope Nvidia aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

Nah they too busy keeping the 1920 at bay
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

You've discovered our new promotion with Nvidia. The final boss is indeed, a giant GPU. Make sure to spec out in max PSU mode. Good luck, Ascended!

In more serious news, the issue with entering Bastion of Steel is finally up on PTS. Thank you for your extreme patience everyone.

Omg so many waves!

Waves are doable with a full 10 before enraging but if HP changes we'll see.

The Rocket Volley from the 2 mech mobs has a weird oval VFX and hits all 5 at the same time. There is almost no time for tanks to move if it targets them.

The wave with the 3 fire pillar jump wave things messes up if you stand in the middle and try to jump all 3 at once. You get ticked for 1-2 if you jump over.

The aoe bubbles that people dropped were not showing up for everyone in the group.

The range increase boxes need to have their HP increased for forgiveness of skill damage if you want everyone to have to hit it to gain the buff. If not you could do something like the Plants on Hericius of CoA where it pulses the buff when one person hits it to everyone near.

Interupts were not working correctly when at range.

Marko said alot of HP and things have been tweaked already and we are waiting on a new hotfix.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Chages X will be seeing on the next pts update(10/6 or later).

hp values of waves down
    boss hp down
    damage of RDU down
    tweaked rocket volley
    - now chases all players
    - damage down
    - interruptible
    gave range modules more hp
    range buff no longer fades on range module death (woops)
    range buff now lasts 45 seconds
    speed buff on all mobs so they're not super kiteable
    Last edited by Epsiry; 10-06-2017 at 10:41 AM.

R.D.U.s Rocket Volley is easy interupable, no problem with enough kickers.

Still infected ground not showing up for everyone in the group.

Shadowlander

The small Team did an incredible work but without any kind of balancing the encounter will be finished at releaseday. Take a look at this thread here on the forum.

As cleric we have with defiler and cabalist great spec for this encounter but they are unbalanced and did simply the same damage as a LFR equited rouge. I made - 2 months ago - this thread at the Forum but I got no feedback.

The only aoe spec that work is shaman but I am also far far away from 4 - 5 million dps of a rogue. The only way to use shamen is to completely reword this boss to a melee friendly aoe fight - i think this is impossible.

So we can only play tank here. Class imbalance in this game is the worst it has ever been. Perhaps it is much better to send the whole Team on balancing and class bugfixes and release T2 later. It make simply no sense to release the raid with so many broken souls. The only way to raid in rift is to use wrong souls and thats no fun overall.
    Last edited by Ora pro nobis; 10-08-2017 at 04:02 PM.
    be realistic let's try the impossible

Im not a cleric, ive just an alt. I start to work on an hybrid defiler cabalist for this boss like a 38 38 (take Condensed Obliteration), first try look really interresting (mono dps is under chaman of course but is like inquisitor but full mobile and lot of aoe all in range compare of shaman). This mix of dead spell and dot is realy interresting but not easy to increase for a non cleric main

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

Changes to Titan X to go live on a future pts update (10/10 or later):

Increased the CD of Rocket Barrage slightly
    Damage dealt by enraged adds down significantly
    Damage up on Sacrificial prisoners
    Static Blast now has a cast time as to not insta gib stacked up players
    Fixed an issue where Titan X would not reset if you lost while fighting him.
    Last edited by Epsiry; 10-09-2017 at 03:12 PM.

First time doing waves, hmm quiet ok fun.
    Second time doing waves, meh.
    Third time doing waves, yea ok I'm bored of this now.

Personally if it wasn't for the waves with run in/out mechanic, and triple jump mechanic on wave phase id say this fight was more boring then LFR TD

This is doable by the 1% again, however this wont be killed i think by many due to getting way to many stacks on the boss.
    Everyone will be able to kill the waves, but killing them fast enough will be a big problem for many. (Well unless u have plenty of rogues due to massive class unbalance)

The boss it self we got it to 70% ish on 9 stacks and died to just normal aoe damage. But otherwise it did nothing for 70% was so boring felt like we were just hitting a dummy.

The waves should be harder and made like Thrax and a 1 time kill event before boss (spawns again on re-entering instance after reset) and the boss should be so much better with lots more mechanics.

Side note, the add on wave that makes u run out then back in. If your range you just stand still, a 3 ring should be added to force range forward then backwards.

And lastly 3 Bosses!!! Is just completely UNEXCEPTABLE!!
    Last edited by Alfiexx; 10-24-2017 at 10:38 PM.

The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

+ Reply to Thread