+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Feendish

Thread: Copy character to PTS shard

Unhappy Copy character to PTS shard

A week ago I've been trying to transfer one of the characters to the PTS shard. A message occurs saying there is an internal server error. When will this normalize? Is it an internal error of the current European shard or PTS? It never occurred to me before. Is it because I'm playing Steam?

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MiguelSchaff View Post
    A week ago I've been trying to transfer one of the characters to the PTS shard. A message occurs saying there is an internal server error. When will this normalize? Is it an internal error of the current European shard or PTS? It never occurred to me before. Is it because I'm playing Steam?
    If you have any active auctions posted or mail in your box, you will see this error. If you don't have any auctions or mail, and a restart of the client doesn't work, I would recommend contacting CS.

Also, if you have reached the max number of slots on PTS, you won't be able to copy another until you delete it.
    Last edited by Feendish; 08-13-2017 at 06:15 AM.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

General of Telara

I get this error too. Its probably because the pts hasn't been updated since before 4.2 went live. I'd just wait till there is a new update before trying again.

Champion

i regularly copy to PTS with mail in my mail box... i very rarely dont have mail in my mailbox!

as a test, i just listed 250 auctions on my alt and then transfered her to PTS, she has 250 auctions listed and loads of unopened mails in her mailbox..
    the transfer completed with no issue and i was able to log the PTS and play that char straight away
    my husband darsk@gelidra has been unable to copy to PTS for over a week now and has received this same response from customer support.
    mail and auctions has NEVER been a problem before for copying to PTS, of course we understand it is an issue for peeps trying to actually transfer to another shard.

im quite sure my husbands char is bugged in some way, most likely in the same way these two players characters are bugged.
    he is able to transfer his alts with no issue, so its down to the individual characters.

please could trion look into this further, we wanna test stuff together!
    Last edited by caduto; 08-16-2017 at 03:08 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Feendish's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    i regularly copy to PTS with mail in my mail box...
    The last time I contacted CS about not being able to character copy to PTS, this was part of what they told me to try to make it so I could copy (it still didn't work, I have had the internal server error for literally years on one character).

I am currently at three characters I cannot copy to PTS. I have my theories that the number of dimensions are involved, but I have also never received any kind of communication or requests for clarification regarding this issue.

Either way, some kind of resolution is needed.
    Dimensions on Greybriar and Zaviel
    The Dimension Touring Company: Dimension Tours - Building Tips
    Tips 'n Tricks Live! Saturdays @ 1100 AM NA Server
    Baradara@Greybriar

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I get this error too. Its probably because the pts hasn't been updated since before 4.2 went live. I'd just wait till there is a new update before trying again.
    PTS was updated today and I was able to copy my toon over.

+ Reply to Thread