Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree154Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTS Update June 21st

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    roughly ~~850k 2min parse now (down from 968)

:*(
    Rip Druid again, taken away before your time even came.
    I'm not sorry. Got a buff for every other DPS soul as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jkay View Post
    I'm not sorry. Got a buff for every other DPS soul as well.
    shhhhhh, if you say that it might not make it to live.
    <Druidz R Us>

Champion

Why are they concentrating on Druid? Most other Cleric souls are much more broken or underperforming.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Why are they concentrating on Druid? Most other Cleric souls are much more broken or underperforming.
    They arn't, the changes seemed to be focused around making lower druid more appealing as an off-soul.

But they through in one deep druid change to make druid 'viable'. However making druid hit 1mil was probably unintended so they nerfed some deep druid and buffed lower druid some more.

So there are several lower druid buffs and deep druid nerfs. This means they are trying to make it viable as an off-soul. The last bit being a clear signal that they are trying to make druid more appealing than RS or Sentinel.

Longer buff (vs target specific debuff) of same or higher value with 10% wis instead of 10% sp. The buff makes target swapping better (since it's no longer target specific) and the duration + combined effort makes up for the loss in stats.

If current iteration goes through it'll make alot of clerics happy since it'll instantly become a favored off-soul for every dps spec.
    <Druidz R Us>

Rift Disciple

I think Keyens is trying to find the best way to help all the dps specs without causing too many issues within the main souls themselves. I for one like this change and i still think the souls themselves, like inquisitor, could use a bit more but I will have to wait and see what else he does.

Runeshaper needs to get mana costs reduced to be viable for raiding but it could just be me playing it wrong which is fully possible.

But as far as Shaman and Inquis are concerned using Legendary Fervent Strike is a dps increase for both specs(at least in my testing)

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    I think Keyens is trying to find the best way to help all the dps specs without causing too many issues within the main souls themselves. I for one like this change and i still think the souls themselves, like inquisitor, could use a bit more but I will have to wait and see what else he does.

Runeshaper needs to get mana costs reduced to be viable for raiding but it could just be me playing it wrong which is fully possible.

But as far as Shaman and Inquis are concerned using Legendary Fervent Strike is a dps increase for both specs(at least in my testing)
    I really don't like having Druid as a "mandatory" soul in each and every Cleric spec. First it was for the extra survivability that Legendary Fairy Healer offered. Now also to level out lacking DPS of the main soul. It's very lazy balancing. [Cynical]What's next? Will they add healing other team members via FH to increase the healing of underperforming Cleric healing specs?[/cynical] Why have such a beautiful soul system at all then?
    Last edited by Xlavius; 06-28-2017 at 03:11 AM.

Will they add healing other team members via FH to increase the healing of underperforming Cleric healing specs?
    sorta agree with first part however it's a huge step in the right direction (non-target specific dps boost, and is nearly a 'passive' with a 1min timer)

But on the healer comment, surely you jest(for PvE at least). If you're having a hard time healing on par w/ other classes you're doing something wrong.
    <Druidz R Us>

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    sorta agree with first part however it's a huge step in the right direction (non-target specific dps boost, and is nearly a 'passive' with a 1min timer)

But on the healer comment, surely you jest(for PvE at least). If you're having a hard time healing on par w/ other classes you're doing something wrong.
    Sorry, my cynicism didn't really show. Fixed it now.
    Last edited by Xlavius; 06-28-2017 at 03:12 AM.

Ascendant

I actually like the new Fervent Strike.

Easily the most powerful 0pt legendary in game especially for souls like Inquisitor and Shaman.
    It's so good.

But this change buffs INQ more than the "beloved" 1 button shaman which is kinda lame imo.
    I can see Inquisitor beating up vulcanist and tempest straight up effortlessly.

But yea since it's pretty much the best 0 pointer in game I can see it becoming the staple auto pick for all cleric dps specs, but I wouldn't complain.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    Easily the most powerful 0pt legendary in game especially for souls like Inquisitor and Shaman.
    It's so good.
    For cleric, yes. Most powerful overall is pushing it. Defiler will benefit the most from the change, as it has the fewest categorical damage buffs. It might even receive a true 30%.

Ascendant

It's the most potent overall. As well as duration per gcd with a 100% uptime.

But sure.
    I "feel" its the best. Its could be actually really bad for all I know.

Dont get me wrong. It's a good thing that clerics has such a powerful 0 pointer now that it benefits all damage focused builds and is clearly an auto pick for anything dps. Most other classes are the same way.

At least you don't have to get stuck playing druid isnt it ;)
    Last edited by FateStayNight; 06-28-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    It's the most potent overall. As well as duration per gcd with a 100% uptime.

But sure.
    I "feel" its the best. Its could be actually really bad for all I know.

Dont get me wrong. It's a good thing that clerics has such a powerful 0 pointer now that it benefits all damage focused builds and is clearly an auto pick for anything dps. Most other classes are the same way.

At least you don't have to get stuck playing druid isnt it ;)
    Are you relying on what people say or testing in out on PTS? Because I'm not finding anything insane about it unless its bugged.
    Last edited by Aedynn; 06-28-2017 at 05:10 PM.

why is legendary flame volley being buffed when its not even picked up for pve and prob not even worth it for pvp which im sure was not the reason for the buff.

what pyro needs, less time spent buffing debuffing. a firestorm thats on the target not the ground. or the debuff to last 30 secs whether the mob is in it or not. and some actual initial burst.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Are you relying on what people say or testing in out on PTS? Because I'm not finding anything insane about it unless its bugged.
    I cannot fathom why is this is so hard to understand for some people.
    There's no other soul where their 0 pointer gives 100% uptime 60s duration 30% damage buff.

/sigh
    okay sure... w/e makes you happy, that druid 0 point is the worstest legendary in game please buff more.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    why is legendary flame volley being buffed when its not even picked up for pve and prob not even worth it for pvp which im sure was not the reason for the buff.

what pyro needs, less time spent buffing debuffing. a firestorm thats on the target not the ground. or the debuff to last 30 secs whether the mob is in it or not. and some actual initial burst.
    I do not understand this decision either. No one will use legendary flame volley. If they want to offer it as an alternative to firestorm they should add a 30% more damage buff to fire abilities for 60 seconds which does not stack with legendary firestorm.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast