+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Tartaric Depths Normal - Malannon

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default OFFICIAL: Tartaric Depths Normal - Malannon

Tartaric Depths Normal is now open! Please post any feedback you have in this thread in regards to boss 4, Malannon. Currently on PTS, there is an entrance portal located in Alittu near the stairs behind the porticulum.

Shadowlander

YES YES and YES. I like it. We didn't make past first phase as we ran out of raid time but just from the first phase seems like it will be an actual challenge. Will post some more once we get to spend some real time on it will take the group there first later on in the week

Telaran

Default very fun fight

only thing is the lava that shots from the floor and the meteor over lap each other I'm not sure if that how it should be but its leaves close to 0 room to follow both

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ghostlyrider View Post
    only thing is the lava that shots from the floor and the meteor over lap each other I'm not sure if that how it should be but its leaves close to 0 room to follow both

We had it over lap with the other thing on the floor too. His breath on the floor.

So now only are you trying to find a place to stack. You are trying to find room to spread out after. This was deadly RnG.

If that's what Trion wants fine. But if you get it good luck.

Trion always has loved RnG death you have no control of. This one can really hurt with just about no room on the floor anyway and need find a place to stack then spread out.

You can make things hard. Or make them silly. This is silly. Two of them ok but all 3?

Plus it will be a long fight. So jumping through hoops for 7+ mins isn't really all that fun. Always praying you'll not get RnG dead isn't really that exciting. But maybe it's just me.

Looks like it could be an over all fun fight. Or a RnG nightmare depending on Trion love for RnG..

Rift Disciple

I love the lava spouts, adds an actual challenge to the fight. It's not anymore RNG than say General Silgen's heat funnel.. you have more than enough time to find a spot. The more you do the fight, the easier it gets.

When we hit the bubble phase and had to kill the tower, we didn't kill it in time and all it did was add a 'Reclamation' buff on Malannon that increased his damage done. But it was purgable.. so it really didn't matter whether we killed the tower or not. I woulda thought not killing the tower = raid wipe but yea that was disappointing. In the end I think Malannon will be considerably easier to kill than the Council.

Oh yea, I've noticed trash packs in the raid instance as well. Will those drop any sort of loot or will people end up skipping them and raid summoning?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissibow View Post
    We had it over lap with the other thing on the floor too. His breath on the floor.

So now only are you trying to find a place to stack. You are trying to find room to spread out after. This was deadly RnG.

If that's what Trion wants fine. But if you get it good luck.

Trion always has loved RnG death you have no control of. This one can really hurt with just about no room on the floor anyway and need find a place to stack then spread out.

You can make things hard. Or make them silly. This is silly. Two of them ok but all 3?

Plus it will be a long fight. So jumping through hoops for 7+ mins isn't really all that fun. Always praying you'll not get RnG dead isn't really that exciting. But maybe it's just me.

Looks like it could be an over all fun fight. Or a RnG nightmare depending on Trion love for RnG..
    There is a way to do it where RnG plays a minimal factor but you need all your raid team on the same page

Soulwalker

Default Eternal Weapon Buffs

I noticed that if you wipe at Malanon and the encounter resets, all eternal weapon buffs are gone. if u respawn before the boss resets u still have them. same with the ability to build stack of predatory instincts. if u respawn before the boss resets, u can still build predatory instincts stacks but if the encounter resets u canīt....

+ Reply to Thread