+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 14 of 14
Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By grendel530
  • 2 Post By Yarrellii
  • 1 Post By Bigguss
  • 2 Post By Wowo
  • 1 Post By Seshatar

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official Cross Shard Mail

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default Official Cross Shard Mail

    We have extended our in-game mail system to allow mail messages between characters on different home shards. Your player character will be able to send mail and any valid mail attachments to another character on a different home shard. Before we release this new feature, we are opening up cross shard mail to our players in the PTS environment to have a go at it. To really put the system through its paces, we ask that you send mail messages to other characters, within you home shard or on a different shard.

    We would appreciate any and all feedback about this feature.

    If you do encounter any bugs with the cross shard mail feature, please try to provide as much detail as possible. At minimum, the following information would be helpful:

    The name of your character and your home shard
    The name of the mail recipient and his/her home shard
    The time the mail message was attempted
    A description of the mail attachments in each message, if appropriate

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    110

    Lightbulb

    Mail received contains the Sender's name, but no shard information if different to your own. This could lead to confusion and fraud. Replies are made as if to your own shard rather than the originating shard. Both of these need to be populated correctly.

    Mail sent cross-shard containing an item which is then returned to sender, never leaves your inbox, with no error, even if a sender with the same name exists on your shard.

    Mail containing a BInd on Account item sent to another character on your account, Closes the mail dialogue. Shows: "You cannot mail a Bind on Account item to someone on another account". Takes the item from your inventory. Never arrives.

    Cash on Delivery items send correctly, and is received on the recipient end. However on taking the item and paying the fee, The fee is taken. Shows: "Failed to remove attachment". The fee is refunded. The item is not retrieved.

    Sending unbound Items, coin and text mail cross-shard all seems to work apart from as detailed above.

  3.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    Mail received contains the Sender's name, but no shard information if different to your own. This could lead to confusion and fraud. Replies are made as if to your own shard rather than the originating shard. Both of these need to be populated correctly.

    Mail sent cross-shard containing an item which is then returned to sender, never leaves your inbox, with no error, even if a sender with the same name exists on your shard.

    Mail containing a BInd on Account item sent to another character on your account, Closes the mail dialogue. Shows: "You cannot mail a Bind on Account item to someone on another account". Takes the item from your inventory. Never arrives.

    Cash on Delivery items send correctly, and is received on the recipient end. However on taking the item and paying the fee, The fee is taken. Shows: "Failed to remove attachment". The fee is refunded. The item is not retrieved.

    Sending unbound Items, coin and text mail cross-shard all seems to work apart from as detailed above.
    Great, thanks. We are working on fixes for the cited issues.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    217

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yarrellii View Post
    <bugs in x-shard mail>
    X-shard trading accomplishes everything that x-shard mail would except for transferring BoA items. As you see, updating the mail system is very complicated. Why don't you implement x-shard vaults instead? You can sell those.
    Last edited by Bigguss; 06-13-2017 at 07:18 AM.

  5. #5
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    4

    Default Mail won't deliver

    Quote Originally Posted by grendel530 View Post
    We have extended our in-game mail system to allow mail messages between characters on different home shards. Your player character will be able to send mail and any valid mail attachments to another character on a different home shard. Before we release this new feature, we are opening up cross shard mail to our players in the PTS environment to have a go at it. To really put the system through its paces, we ask that you send mail messages to other characters, within you home shard or on a different shard.

    We would appreciate any and all feedback about this feature.

    If you do encounter any bugs with the cross shard mail feature, please try to provide as much detail as possible. At minimum, the following information would be helpful:

    The name of your character and your home shard
    The name of the mail recipient and his/her home shard
    The time the mail message was attempted
    A description of the mail attachments in each message, if appropriate
    I am trying to send profession items in the mail from Sunrise in Faerblight to Sunlily in Greybriar without success.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbirch View Post
    I am trying to send profession items in the mail from Sunrise in Faerblight to Sunlily in Greybriar without success.
    Please note that this thread is in the public test shard section - ergo, cross-shard mail is not available on the live NA and EU servers.

    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    494

    Default

    It's been over a year since this was posted. Any update on when it'll go live?
    Last edited by Wowo; 07-21-2018 at 03:51 AM.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Yes, please. Cross shard mail, guilds and auction house are the only things missing right know and I know mail and guild have already been in experimentation phase.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  9. #9
    Soulwalker Kirie22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    6

    Default

    Several of my guildies and I have been waiting for this feature for a while. Any chance for an update?
    Last edited by Kirie22; 07-23-2018 at 06:21 PM.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    Yes, please. Cross shard mail, guilds and auction house are the only things missing right know and I know mail and guild have already been in experimentation phase.
    I agree with the mail and guild, but we do not want to have just one Ah across all shards, that is getting into a whole other issue entirely.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Seshatar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    2,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hegianto View Post
    I agree with the mail and guild, but we do not want to have just one Ah across all shards, that is getting into a whole other issue entirely.
    I'd love a cross shard AH, not only are the single AHs pretty dead, but also it's easier to find stuff than log on all shards and mule around. It would also increase the value of buy orders. I think most of the players would benefit from it.
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

    <Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

    IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

  12. #12
    Ascendant BlackZodiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,594

    Default

    oh thanks the gods! I've been wanting this feature FOREVER! It will cut down on my transfering characters to other shards, just to get needed items

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I'd love a cross shard AH, not only are the single AHs pretty dead, but also it's easier to find stuff than log on all shards and mule around. It would also increase the value of buy orders. I think most of the players would benefit from it.
    One ah would be far to easy to manipulate prices. the different shards allow people to find better deals. And I've never had issues with ''dead ah'' on NA. you would not get this with a shared AH if anything Wow has proven this.
    Last edited by Hegianto; 07-25-2018 at 07:38 PM.

  14. #14
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,728

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    I'd love a cross shard AH, not only are the single AHs pretty dead, but also it's easier to find stuff than log on all shards and mule around. It would also increase the value of buy orders. I think most of the players would benefit from it.
    Have requested that since Storm Legion's release. Will be nice to see that making its way to live...maybe?
    --BC

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts