+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Draw Distance Increase

Some tests in Ground Zero.

Tarken cliffs don't show from one side to the other on live.
    Even original things in the dim don't render from the opposite side. Rocks and moutains disappear when you look at them from the opposite side.

And there is an ice bridge which doesn't render even at short distance from the center of the dim.

Screens on live:
    what you should see
    Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-14_151716.jpg

what you really see
    Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-14_151658.jpg

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Champion of Telara Holyroller12's Avatar

No guild dimension improvements at all now that it's live. This is the view from ground level in my guild dimension.
    Draw Distance Increase-dimension-one.jpg

This one is from the top of it and what should actually be seen from the ground (ideally... someday)
    Draw Distance Increase-dimension-two.jpg
    (70) Holyroller | (70) Kelten | (70) Irohh | (70) Hoehenheim | (70)Avattar@Deepwood

Holyroller, if you see the total building but not the decorations, this is not a dim distance problem, but the other (and more tricky) problem with individual rendering distance being lower for some objects.

I made tests in Ground zero on live after the change:
    This dim still has rendering problems with its original landscape.
    And I have a rock not rendering while the rest do...

what I see from the opposite side of the dim : ice bridge not rendering (only renders from very close), and boudaries mountains not rendering too.
    Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-18_195621.jpg

what you should see
    Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-18_195644.jpg

Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-18_195700.jpg

Maybe we should make a list of objects we see not rendering far enough to help devs solve it...

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Shield of Telara

Guild dimensions take a REALLY long time to load now, which makes it nearly impossible to place an entry point anywhere else than dimension ground (jumping on loading screen only works 1/5th of the time for me now). As I absolutely love the draw distance increase, is there any way to give entry points a higher loading priority? like... first item to load?
    Alliandre - Brutwacht
    My Dimensions
    New! "Bogling Infestation" by Samrahia, "Tartaros" and "Tick Tock" by Alliendre

screenshots taken at spawn point.
    Dim : fort zarnost beach (open on PTS if you want to visit)
    character : Syel

dim on PTS with distance increase.

Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-12_151755.jpg

what have you done?
    above is PTS rendering before change.
    Below is what I get today on live.

Draw Distance Increase-2017-05-24_162219.jpg

Seems some objects that were rendering from far now don't... in this dims I see rocks, trees, boats, pirate wood wall not rendering now... while the moutain still does.
    So it seems you did not change global distance, but the specific parameter objects have. And this is worse than before.
    Last edited by Mordrahan; 05-24-2017 at 06:40 AM.

General of Telara

Yea indeed, most thing that are not large rock formations, trees or buildings disappear again at ~180m which is the max object distance you can set in graphics settings
    Dimension Addon 'Tinker Tools' is now available on Curse!
    Or grab the latest development code on GitHub.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2