+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Predator Arrives on PTS today!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: Predator Arrives on PTS today!

Greetings Ascended!

Today the Predator will be added to the PTS. Any Primalist may select this soul.

Predators rely on stacking several powerful effects on themselves and dealing a lot of burst damage. They have limited access to stealth and can perform incredibly deadly alpha strikes. Please put some time and effort into playing the soul and trying out different variations before giving feedback here!

Chris "Keyens" Meyer

In B4 name change due to "predator"'s negative connotation, and the overly sensitive people we live among.

None the less; it's great news the Primalist has a new soul to play with.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Shadowlander

Legendary Blindside isn't being reset by Apex Predator, nor does it receive the 150% damage bonus while in cunning. The normal version works however.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

;)

/10characters

Apex Predator not resetting Legendary Final Movement needs to be fixed before testing can occur atm.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 05-11-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Rift Chaser

Looks interesting so far. My first concern is legendary Scald though. It's probably mandatory for good DPS, but fitting in a 1.5 sec cast into melee souls is so awkward. Also, casting it twice to start every fight/every target switch is no fun. You can't really burst from stealth because of it also.

EDIT:

Stillness requires 9 points in predator, instead of the normal 8 points for a third tier talent
    Last edited by Harumph; 05-12-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Rift Chaser

Font of Obliteration (also Wild Spirit talent) look to be really good for 6 points as an off-soul. Could cause some issues though.

BRB before this fight, got to go hit the dummy in my dim to build Predatory Instinct stacks. Please summon me in two minutes.

Also, legendary PA: Raptor seems odd to me. For max benefit, you cast it at 10 stacks of PI. But then you waste the 5 stacks it gives you.
    Last edited by Harumph; 05-21-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Font of Obliteration (also Wild Spirit talent) look to be really good for 6 points as an off-soul. Could cause some issues though.
    Sure it gives you a lot of dmg but without any buffs from Predator you also need about 2 min to fully stack them. You could increase the time on Predatory Instincts to 15-20 sec and put a reduction to the talent Rapid Evolution so it will be a hard trade-off if you want to get both for 6 points.

Also both talents are not working right at the moment: Wild Spirit only gives about 1.1% dmg per stack and Font of Obliteration doesn't work at all with stacks(you only get 1% dmg and no crit regardless stack number).
    Also Silent Stalker critchance is not working or at least not shown in your character stats.

The soul tree is not working properly got errors spending partial points if I go around 10 points(your 9th point can only put in Scent of Blood) resulting in strange resets if you already spent legendary points.

Telaran

I played around with different legendary abilities in the spec and noticed that legendary Blindside does not work together with legendary Silent Stalker ;still takes 30s until second use of SS while having the Blindside buff.

Shadowlander

Did some cursory testing with Predator soul today. Focused primarily on Predator abilities with no interaction with off-souls. 31Pred/4Dev/4Vul for AP and Weapon Dmg Inc in off-souls.

Observations:
    • Crit % between 14-16% which seems low for 25% Phys Crit %. Maybe I am not understanding how Phys Crit should effect Predator casts.
    • I was not using Legendary Silent Staker b/c wanted to see ave % w/o buffs
    • Legendary Silent Staker seemed to increase Crit % by 2-3%
    • It took over a minute to generate 10 stacks of PI when Locus not ready
      This makes it difficult to regain damage and crit chance bonus from stacks for PI after using Apex
    • Killer Assault seems to turn me around and face away from the target when used in Fury less than 1.8m away from the target

Overall, I felt like the crit % bonuses from Phys Crit and the Font weren't working properly which resulted in low cirt % making it difficult to maintain stacks of PI for damage bonuses and use Apex

An integral part of the soul seems to based on managing stacks of PI which are tied critical hit chance but does not have the abilities to increase critical hit chance like Dervish or Maelstrom.

I only spent an hour or two so I need to how to manage CDs better but wanted to provide some feedback.

Edit: results not correct. See next post.
    Last edited by MizzerMage; 06-14-2017 at 08:30 AM. Reason: Updated results in my next post

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by MizzerMage View Post
    Did some cursory testing with Predator soul today. Focused primarily on Predator abilities with no interaction with off-souls. 31Pred/4Dev/4Vul for AP and Weapon Dmg Inc in off-souls.

Observations:
    • Crit % between 14-16% which seems low for 25% Phys Crit %. Maybe I am not understanding how Phys Crit should effect Predator casts.
    • I was not using Legendary Silent Staker b/c wanted to see ave % w/o buffs
    • Legendary Silent Staker seemed to increase Crit % by 2-3%
    • It took over a minute to generate 10 stacks of PI when Locus not ready
      This makes it difficult to regain damage and crit chance bonus from stacks for PI after using Apex

Overall, I felt like the crit % bonuses from Phys Crit and the Font weren't working properly which resulted in low cirt % making it difficult to maintain stacks of PI for damage bonuses and use Apex

An integral part of the soul seems to based on managing stacks of PI which are tied critical hit chance but does not have the abilities to increase critical hit chance like Dervish or Maelstrom.
    After thinking about this for a while, went back and tested again. Crit % for Pred abilities was actually ~38% which seems in line with expectations based on 25% Phys Crit and 10% increase for PI stacks. Rune procs and masteries skewed numbers because were not critting.

Based on this realization, seems PI stacks are being generated by Predatory Instincts and Rapid Evolution as designed. Takes just over a minute to generate the 10 stacks at the rate of about 2 every 12 secs.

Sorry for any confusion my feedback may have caused

Rift Chaser

The tier 1 talent Violent Revelry does not work.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Rift Chaser

Something is off with Predator's soul tree, I get an error with certain point layouts
    OFFICIAL: Predator Arrives on PTS today!-prederror.jpg
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Rift Chaser

Been cruising around Vostigar Peaks, killing stuff solo. Was using mostly world gear, didn't want to skew things by over-gearing stuff by a ton. Some observations:

Killing single targets is pretty easy. If you blow all your cooldowns, most players will be able to one-shot normal enemies. Very geared people will one-shot elites. Definitely an alpha-strike soul, and pretty fun. However, there can be a bit of "hmm, what do I do now" when you go to the next enemy and most things are on cooldown.

You really feel the lack of cleave when you fight footholds/invasions though. It's certainly still doable, just requires thinking about your cooldowns more.

You are also dependent on off-souls for any survivability. There is no self healing in predator, and no emergency cooldown. I ended up using legendary essence strike from Titan, and that seemed to be enough.

I considered going 6 in Farseer for Predestination, but the low tier talents are just so unappealing. Legendary Crystalline Smash would also be a nice soloing option if it didn't require Titanic Spirit.

Also spent some time hitting the dummies in the golem foundry. I believe Predator is supposed to be more of an open-world soul instead of a raiding one, but I wanted to see how far off it was. Turns out it's real far behind. Usually at least 20% behind the other DPS souls (and around 40% behind stuff like Primal Lord)

It's entirely possible that I'm doing it wrong, but I've heard similar reports from others. Predator could use a bump, probably late in the root (20+ points in) to avoid overpowered 21 XX / 18 Predator hybrids. Maybe give back some of Blindsides bonus there, or add another hard hitting fire ability, or just a buff to Raze. I end up using Raze a lot trying to build up fury for the next Final Moment (while having to offset all the fury loss from Sudden Strike), and it's just a very weak ability.

Also, legendary Scald is still annoying for a melee soul.

Anyway, I don't expect Predator to get any cleave, but some self-healing or a survivability cooldown would be very welcome. Also, a bump to 31 predator DPS to have a melee soul to play when Primal Lord starts hurting my hands due to all the constant oGCD abilites. I don't expect it to be on the same level, but say 10% behind would be great.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

+ Reply to Thread