+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Predator Arrives on PTS today!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: Predator Arrives on PTS today!

Greetings Ascended!

Today the Predator will be added to the PTS. Any Primalist may select this soul.

Predators rely on stacking several powerful effects on themselves and dealing a lot of burst damage. They have limited access to stealth and can perform incredibly deadly alpha strikes. Please put some time and effort into playing the soul and trying out different variations before giving feedback here!

Chris "Keyens" Meyer

In B4 name change due to "predator"'s negative connotation, and the overly sensitive people we live among.

None the less; it's great news the Primalist has a new soul to play with.
    HOP IF YOU ARE BAD

Soulwalker

Legendary Blindside isn't being reset by Apex Predator, nor does it receive the 150% damage bonus while in cunning. The normal version works however.
    Wynford (Cleric) - Martyrdom (Primalist) - Salmoneus (Mage)

;)

/10characters

Apex Predator not resetting Legendary Final Movement needs to be fixed before testing can occur atm.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 05-11-2017 at 02:09 PM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Rift Chaser

Looks interesting so far. My first concern is legendary Scald though. It's probably mandatory for good DPS, but fitting in a 1.5 sec cast into melee souls is so awkward. Also, casting it twice to start every fight/every target switch is no fun. You can't really burst from stealth because of it also.

EDIT:

Stillness requires 9 points in predator, instead of the normal 8 points for a third tier talent
    Last edited by Harumph; 05-12-2017 at 01:38 PM.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Rift Chaser

Font of Obliteration (also Wild Spirit talent) look to be really good for 6 points as an off-soul. Could cause some issues though.

BRB before this fight, got to go hit the dummy in my dim to build Predatory Instinct stacks. Please summon me in two minutes.

Also, legendary PA: Raptor seems odd to me. For max benefit, you cast it at 10 stacks of PI. But then you waste the 5 stacks it gives you.
    Last edited by Harumph; 05-21-2017 at 02:29 PM.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Font of Obliteration (also Wild Spirit talent) look to be really good for 6 points as an off-soul. Could cause some issues though.
    Sure it gives you a lot of dmg but without any buffs from Predator you also need about 2 min to fully stack them. You could increase the time on Predatory Instincts to 15-20 sec and put a reduction to the talent Rapid Evolution so it will be a hard trade-off if you want to get both for 6 points.

Also both talents are not working right at the moment: Wild Spirit only gives about 1.1% dmg per stack and Font of Obliteration doesn't work at all with stacks(you only get 1% dmg and no crit regardless stack number).
    Also Silent Stalker critchance is not working or at least not shown in your character stats.

The soul tree is not working properly got errors spending partial points if I go around 10 points(your 9th point can only put in Scent of Blood) resulting in strange resets if you already spent legendary points.

Telaran

I played around with different legendary abilities in the spec and noticed that legendary Blindside does not work together with legendary Silent Stalker ;still takes 30s until second use of SS while having the Blindside buff.

+ Reply to Thread