+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By makerofwidows

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix

  1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    491

    Default OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix

    The portal to Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix is in Stonefield, next to the old portal.
    Thanks to Slipmat for this handy reference image:



    Please let us know your thoughts and impressions!
    Brasse

  2. #2
    Telaran Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    The portal to Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix is in Stonefield, next to the old portal.
    Thanks to Slipmat for this handy reference

    Please let us know your thoughts and impressions!
    Brasse
    I havent tested the raid, although I have a question from reading the april dev chatter which I guess is suitable to ask here.

    It was said that the tuning of IRotP would take the highest upgrade of the eternal weapon chain into consideration, which I interpret as that it is tuned around the highest possible stage of the weapon. Is there any ballpark of the release date of the raid? As in, is it plausible to think that one would be able to get into Thatcher stage without spending credits to speed up the Wicket leveling process (which Ive heard is approximately a 3 weeks endeveur without using any credits)?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    Buying REX at NA (any shard) PM me here and we'll set up a trade!

  3. #3
    Ascendant Boase's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    2,526

    Default

    Fooled around with 8 people tonight.

    Question about Rock mini drops and charges. We killed two of the three minis and didn't use charges. We left the instance for 15 minutes to see if they respawned and the third one disappeared when we came back in. Did you decide to not use charges on extra kills after 3 kills?

    Confirmed Relic fragments do drop from bosses and the rock minis.



    aaaaaand 8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun.

    Last edited by Boase; 04-20-2017 at 05:49 PM.

  4. #4
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    5,776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun.
    This unfortunately sounds very disappointing, TD part 2 i guess

  5. #5
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    45

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    aaaaaand 8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun.
    Let me guess the achievement for that is broken? :P

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    470

    Default

    Really hoping this will get tuned up still before release. Not that i hold my breath for it though .

    And looking at the picture Boase posted, 8 maning a boss with over 1.1 bil hp. So this means that with the insane gear progression in this expac the next raid will be the last? All bosses will soon have max available hp and that's it? Which also would mean that 20 mans are already impossible to make too.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    I havent tested the raid, although I have a question from reading the april dev chatter which I guess is suitable to ask here.

    It was said that the tuning of IRotP would take the highest upgrade of the eternal weapon chain into consideration, which I interpret as that it is tuned around the highest possible stage of the weapon. Is there any ballpark of the release date of the raid? As in, is it plausible to think that one would be able to get into Thatcher stage without spending credits to speed up the Wicket leveling process (which Ive heard is approximately a 3 weeks endeveur without using any credits)?
    given that its only just been added to PTS and that is usually 4 weeks of testing a raid before it goes live, i'd say there will be plenty of time to level wicket even without credits

  8. #8
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    aaaaaand 8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun.

    I guess gone are the days of 2/4, and 5/8 type progression raids.

  9. #9
    Telaran Cenderze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    given that its only just been added to PTS and that is usually 4 weeks of testing a raid before it goes live, i'd say there will be plenty of time to level wicket even without credits
    Thanks for answering. Had no recollection of time span between adding raid to PTS and going live!
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

    Buying REX at NA (any shard) PM me here and we'll set up a trade!

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    348

    Default

    Considering this group includes what would be considered the top idk .25% of rift population id like to see how the 25th percentile does with this. Keyens mentioned something about 400k dps being the target for this per dps and I think that's horribly horribly low and the playerbase should be insulted. 2200 hit requirement to enter means you've replaced at minimum 4 pieces of expert hit gear with 275's and assuming every one has the crafted helm and ranged because there's really no reason not to. 400k per dps with raid buffs and consumables and eternals is a bit of a joke.

    That being said it's early for the instance on PTS and unfortunately the top end is usually the lonely few to test things out so let's hope they raise the floor a bit on this one instead of lower the ceiling like with TD and experts.



    I'd really love to see some data on who/what the 25th percentile (how many people that is too) is doing in TD I've seen dps range from 50k to close to 1million at the end of boss fights
    Last edited by makerofwidows; Today at 03:58 AM.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    32

    Default assasin 2.0

    Sins currently can do up to 900-980k dps in raidbuffed with the eternal weapon being next to last upgrade, so we will either have the spec super nerfed or the eternals super nerfed or honestly, both.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts