+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix

The portal to Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix is in Stonefield, next to the old portal.
    Thanks to Slipmat for this handy reference image:

Please let us know your thoughts and impressions!
    Brasse

Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    The portal to Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix is in Stonefield, next to the old portal.
    Thanks to Slipmat for this handy reference

Please let us know your thoughts and impressions!
    Brasse
    I havent tested the raid, although I have a question from reading the april dev chatter which I guess is suitable to ask here.

It was said that the tuning of IRotP would take the highest upgrade of the eternal weapon chain into consideration, which I interpret as that it is tuned around the highest possible stage of the weapon. Is there any ballpark of the release date of the raid? As in, is it plausible to think that one would be able to get into Thatcher stage without spending credits to speed up the Wicket leveling process (which Ive heard is approximately a 3 weeks endeveur without using any credits)?
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

Fooled around with 8 people tonight.

Question about Rock mini drops and charges. We killed two of the three minis and didn't use charges. We left the instance for 15 minutes to see if they respawned and the third one disappeared when we came back in. Did you decide to not use charges on extra kills after 3 kills?

Confirmed Relic fragments do drop from bosses and the rock minis.

aaaaaand 8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun.

Last edited by Boase; 04-20-2017 at 05:49 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    8 manning Silgen with no priests is fun.
    This unfortunately sounds very disappointing, TD part 2 i guess

Telaran

Let me guess the achievement for that is broken? :P

Rift Master

Really hoping this will get tuned up still before release. Not that i hold my breath for it though .

And looking at the picture Boase posted, 8 maning a boss with over 1.1 bil hp. So this means that with the insane gear progression in this expac the next raid will be the last? All bosses will soon have max available hp and that's it? Which also would mean that 20 mans are already impossible to make too.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Cenderze View Post
    I havent tested the raid, although I have a question from reading the april dev chatter which I guess is suitable to ask here.

It was said that the tuning of IRotP would take the highest upgrade of the eternal weapon chain into consideration, which I interpret as that it is tuned around the highest possible stage of the weapon. Is there any ballpark of the release date of the raid? As in, is it plausible to think that one would be able to get into Thatcher stage without spending credits to speed up the Wicket leveling process (which Ive heard is approximately a 3 weeks endeveur without using any credits)?
    given that its only just been added to PTS and that is usually 4 weeks of testing a raid before it goes live, i'd say there will be plenty of time to level wicket even without credits

Shadowlander

I guess gone are the days of 2/4, and 5/8 type progression raids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtheskull View Post
    given that its only just been added to PTS and that is usually 4 weeks of testing a raid before it goes live, i'd say there will be plenty of time to level wicket even without credits
    Thanks for answering. Had no recollection of time span between adding raid to PTS and going live!
    Garash@Zaviel
    <Temple of Light>

(4/4 IRotP ~ 4/4 TD NM)
    (1/3 BoS)

Rift Chaser

Considering this group includes what would be considered the top idk .25% of rift population id like to see how the 25th percentile does with this. Keyens mentioned something about 400k dps being the target for this per dps and I think that's horribly horribly low and the playerbase should be insulted. 2200 hit requirement to enter means you've replaced at minimum 4 pieces of expert hit gear with 275's and assuming every one has the crafted helm and ranged because there's really no reason not to. 400k per dps with raid buffs and consumables and eternals is a bit of a joke.

That being said it's early for the instance on PTS and unfortunately the top end is usually the lonely few to test things out so let's hope they raise the floor a bit on this one instead of lower the ceiling like with TD and experts.

I'd really love to see some data on who/what the 25th percentile (how many people that is too) is doing in TD I've seen dps range from 50k to close to 1million at the end of boss fights
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 04-22-2017 at 03:58 AM.

Default assasin 2.0

Sins currently can do up to 900-980k dps in raidbuffed with the eternal weapon being next to last upgrade, so we will either have the spec super nerfed or the eternals super nerfed or honestly, both.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team

Default Updates: 4/25

There is a pending PTS update but noting these changes now.

- Fixed the issue where bosses were not regenerating their HP fast enough while out of combat.
    - Volcanic Eruption has had the HP reduced by around 40%.
    - High Priest Arakhurn's Nova ability is much more deadly and properly increases damage taken per tick.
    - Slow Burn and Lava Burst during Arakhurn's encounter now deals significantly more damage.
    - Spawns of Arakhurn have had their HP increased by 25%.

Known issues:

- Tether doing minimal damage during the Silgen encounter.
    - Priests not spawning during the Silgen encounter.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Sins currently can do up to 900-980k dps in raidbuffed with the eternal weapon being next to last upgrade, so we will either have the spec super nerfed or the eternals super nerfed or honestly, both.
    I would say most of the playerbase is still on wicket rather than having the penultimate upgrade. Obviously you didnt imply everyone has that upraded (very few perhaps 1% if that?) but I am just making a point in general: Lets not balance the raid around expecting people have that level of progression on their weapons. For the love of Golden Axe: Revenge of Death Adder, don't make it easy and unchallenging like TD but don't block out non hardcore players because you balanced it around said hardcore players.

Shadowlander

Default dps check 400k?

we have tested the 1st boss the idol has 188mil HP need to be down within 30 sec that 862k dps check and with the nerfs that coming good luck

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    The eternal proc wasn't ment to stack with poisons. It has been removed from poisons on PTS and we are waiting for the new parses. Keyen said he will buff it (If it needs it) once the new parses come out without eternal proc stacking.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast