+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #61
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balidin View Post
    Any chance we could get a little preview of any changes to Fragments?
    Absolutely - I am talking with Vladd about that right now. Trying to nail down a good livestream date for this. We need the revisions to be far enough along to ensure a meaningful Planar Fragments discussion.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    ... they can't even be changed by loadequip / Roles Addon / right-click because "Only one item of this type can be equipped at a time".
    I hope this can be fixed. Apparently it is the intention that we can have one for a "DPS" set and one for a "Tank" set and it would be nice if loadequip would figure out that we are trying to swap one for another one and allow that.

For that matter, you can't replace one with another by dragging the replacement over the equipment slot, you get the same message. You have to actually unequip the first one.
    Last edited by mashata; 05-12-2017 at 03:30 PM.

Default No set bonus on dropped iRofP

So I received the belt and gloves in a run last night. Neither the base level nor the upgraded level of either piece has a set bonus. Is this as intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Retfup View Post
    So I received the belt and gloves in a run last night. Neither the base level nor the upgraded level of either piece has a set bonus. Is this as intended?
    Certain pieces currently don't have set bonuses and its not intended. Should be fixed soon.

Rift Chaser

Primalists are taking double damage when they purge the golems. Can one-shot you if you're not careful
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Is this intended that T1 stuff gets the ugly-ordinary skin of lv 26 old gear?

If you recycle skins, please use something more exciting.
    Old raid sets were better, and there are some beautiful or rare skins ingame. Using basic low level craft gear as T1 model feels bad.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

King of Slackers

I know a good bunch of top progress guilds, that tested the raids, left in the past 12+ months and I don't know if there are just casual guilds left for testing or the feedback from the good guilds is not taken into consideration or the current iRotp is actual the masterplan to fit for the “top 70% of guilds”.

After the release I convinced some raidlogger, two socials and one random guy from the chat to join my iRotp raid. Our raid consisted of people from just barely 2.2k expert geared to two players with eternal weapon and semi good level 12 fragments.

First of all, the complete raid is easy doable if you stack eternal weapons, especially from different classes.

Pre Patch RIFT 4.1: Hotfix #8 5/17/2017
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Encounter

- Ereandorn: The only real difficult boss in iRotp becuse of his dps check (we had two people with under 300k dps and we killed some volcanoes with 0.5s left). Hopefully every guild that struggle with the dps check know that they can skip him.

- Beruhast: Not much to say. Stack on one of the safespots and wait untill the fight is over. Don't know what the decision was that the adds now have such hard/legendary hits. Having a second tank instead of a dd offtanks the add does not make the fight more interesting or harder... just longer.

- General Silgen: Oh Boy, why is this encounter so **** easy? Before our third pull i told my raid ill switch to libslack and we see when the boss will enrage. As already mentioned our setup wasn't the best and we were missing a lot of damage. After 8 minutes I told myself, soon he will enrage. After nearly 10 minutes he died and I knew this is Fyragnos 2.0. Ignoring every mechanic beside the flame anchors made the boss a real joke. Why the boss has no proper enrage, heal or dps check? 2x 1 button lib and a dispell boy is enough for it(Perhaps 1 broken warden is enough, just seen a 2.5m oHPs over 3Minute during TarJulia yesterday)? Seriously, why the first boss is much more difficult than the 2nd last one?

- High Priest: Pretty straight forward fight. The tanks don't have to much space for mistakes and the player who gets transformed to the fire elemental shouldn't fall asleep.

Don't know who adjusted enrage timers or if some boss encounters even have one...

__________________________________________________ ______________

Itemization:

There are a dozen of threads in the forum where players ask for less RNG and here we are. With every patch we see more and more RNG. iRotp has a weekly lockout (Yes, Golems can be farmed with charges...) Introducing Preserver, Hero, Vindicator, Conqueror & Overlord on every gear slot is just too much. Before the expansion you told us, everything will be good because you need less gear in your inventory when we remove the tertiary stats from gear. Now, during the expansion you came up with a great idea to reintroduce more tank orientated gear. I am totally fine with the idea if there would be only 1x max mainstat gear and 1x max endurance gear.
    And I don't buy your "Hey, you still can find a upgrade every time you kill something in there".It sounds more like fake content streching and i don't think its good to **** around the majority informed playerbase at the current state of the game.
    Every few weeks we receive another update that has some content in it where we can spend our IRCs on. We started with expert gear drops for IRCs. At the moment we have Expert drops, QF, TD, Crafting Rifts, Golems in iRotp but the weekly charges gain ist still the same...
    And let me guess, with the introduction of the new zone and the DRRs we can spend charges aswell and propably new world boss like Senbora...
    Sure, you will argue and tell me if you are expert geared you don't spend charges on experts etc.

Just my 2 cent.
    Last edited by keepor; 05-17-2017 at 07:30 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Adding to the "Gear RNG".

Currently it seems only mainhand, glove, belt, trinket and chest drop from irotp (+1 ring/earring) which means the rest are from Normal Mode TD?

If this is true I hope NM TD comes soon so we don't have to postpone our 10 kills to upgrade even more....

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    Adding to the "Gear RNG".

Currently it seems only mainhand, glove, belt, trinket and chest drop from irotp (+1 ring/earring) which means the rest are from Normal Mode TD?

If this is true I hope NM TD comes soon so we don't have to postpone our 10 kills to upgrade even more....
    Vladd did confirm (on Discord) that the rest of the pieces, including the other earrings and rings, drop from TD normal
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

King of Slackers

I'm happy to see some enrage changes, now iRotp should feel more like a raid!
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

King of Slackers

Wink

General Silgen Pre Patch as slacking Lib
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    I'm happy to see some enrage changes, now iRotp should feel more like a raid!
    The four bosses had enrage mechanics previously but upon investigation of reports that bosses were not enraging or that there was no enrage timer, it was found that there were instances when the enrage could not be applied. It was simply changed so that you should see enrage 100% of the time.

Also, a unified change was made to the timer for all of the bosses since they were inconsistent. 7 minutes will be the enrage standard for all tier 1 and up content going forward.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Xly
    Telaran

@ Vladd:

What's the line-up for Phoenix supposed to look like that can kill the 2nd phase in 7 minutes and survive? I'm not joking. We're having a hard time killing that phase in under 11 minutes.

Crystals don't do nearly as much as they used to.

Melee-bounce with 2-3 stacks = dead melee unless the heals take extra care. Can't use more than 2 melees anyways which further limits dps.

Birds in transition phase have so much HP that it's hard to kill more than 2 which resulted in us using 3 heals on that fight.

While the DPS requirements on Boss 1 are well measured (for us at least, having 2-3 eternal weapons), this seems a little weird. I can't see us killing that birdy in a while

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xly View Post
    @ Vladd:

What's the line-up for Phoenix supposed to look like that can kill the 2nd phase in 7 minutes and survive? I'm not joking. We're having a hard time killing that phase in under 11 minutes.

Crystals don't do nearly as much as they used to.

Melee-bounce with 2-3 stacks = dead melee unless the heals take extra care. Can't use more than 2 melees anyways which further limits dps.

Birds in transition phase have so much HP that it's hard to kill more than 2 which resulted in us using 3 heals on that fight.

While the DPS requirements on Boss 1 are well measured (for us at least, having 2-3 eternal weapons), this seems a little weird. I can't see us killing that birdy in a while
    Do the crystals do anything at all? Couple of attempts we've got that far, I didnt notice any dps increase on consuming a crystal.

Agree on the birds hp in transition phase - there is no way any ST specs are going to be doing anywhere close to required amount of AE dmg, especially with all the reduction in cleave dmg recently. Even with 3 dps running dedicated (!) aoe specs, we could barely get all of them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Crewcut View Post
    Do the crystals do anything at all? Couple of attempts we've got that far, I didnt notice any dps increase on consuming a crystal.

Agree on the birds hp in transition phase - there is no way any ST specs are going to be doing anywhere close to required amount of AE dmg, especially with all the reduction in cleave dmg recently. Even with 3 dps running dedicated (!) aoe specs, we could barely get all of them down.
    We were able to kill all the birds last week, without using any questionable tactics of swapping specs, by using a dps comp that had sufficient enough aoe while having the ST dps for the rest of the encounter.

We will have to tweak it a bit to adjust to the new shorter enrage, but it is 100% possible.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast