+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree65Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: OFFICIAL: Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix

Ascendant

Seriously, please release it next week.

Giving 24 hours notice is a slap in the face to raiders who have been waiting 6 months for their first piece of content.

Normally these things take preparation, particularly for competitive guilds. Who thought this was ok?
    Last edited by Archyface; 05-09-2017 at 07:55 PM.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Would like to add another vote for delaying it by one more week, guild leader and raid leader here. Super excited for the raid, but...for guilds, there is a lot of planning that goes into a new raid's release, especially the first raid of an expansion. Even just getting in touch with everybody for the raid groups can be difficult in a 24-hour period.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP

Is Tartaic Depths normal mode harder then the current Tartaic Depths? Or is it easier.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Doubt i can take another week with just eating plants and the occasional ram, that passes by......

Some of us have been waiting already by the portal

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Is Tartaic Depths normal mode harder then the current Tartaic Depths? Or is it easier.
    how could you possibly make it easier?

on another note whats the point of normal mode td? will it drop better gear than rotp since it seems to be dropping later?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Seriously, please release it next week.

Giving 24 hours notice is a slap in the face to raiders who have been waiting 6 months for their first piece of content.

Normally these things take preparation, particularly for competitive guilds. Who thought this was ok?
    This makes no sense. You don't have to run the Raid the week it is released. If Trion is ready to release it this week then let them. Just run it next week when you're ready.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by rutte View Post
    This makes no sense. You don't have to run the Raid the week it is released. If Trion is ready to release it this week then let them. Just run it next week when you're ready.
    This is OK for most guilds, but for those who want to try world / shard first down, they need to know it soon enough to be ready to jump in the fight the second the shard are up.

And yes this is bad communication. Everyone is waiting for this raid, and there is no advertisement, no hype... Why?

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    This is OK for most guilds, but for those who want to try world / shard first down, ...
    Luckily nobody cares about any first with the current fragment system etc.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Honestly, I'm seriously glad that "only" ~24 hours notice was given. It brings back fond memories of camping possible spawning locations for weeks at times. Then starting the phone chain calling to get on line NOW when an Avatar spawned.

Things are far to easy these days. The "real" hardcore (aka truly competitive) raiders are ready already. Those that aren't, well, "You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting."

For those unfamiliar with that quote, it is, to the best of my knowledge, from A Knight's Tale, starring Heath Ledger. While I have not read it, yet, it may possibly be from Chaucer’s - Canterbury Tales, of which this movie was loosely based upon.
    DimplesWarrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    DweiaRogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    LaurieCleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

24 hour notice...... I needed at least a week to request the day off to be an effective nerd </3

Rift Disciple

Default World / Shard First

In the scheme of importance, being "first" doesn't get you anything. Who remembers (or cares) that so-and-so was shard or world first for a raid ? Being "first" and $3.00 will get you a cup of coffee at Starbucks (or Dunkin Donuts, if you prefer) !

Raiders have already been practicing on PTS and will be able to jump in as soon as it is available.

I am waiting for the threads about being bored and there is no new content after this is released today. Figure that will be posted sometime later this week !!

People have to whine about something. It's a game, enjoy it and move along.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by rutte View Post
    Sorry but it makes absolute sense if you run a raiding guild, which this content is aimed at. Shards firsts still mean a lot to some people, myself included.

I know competitive raiding has been destroyed in this game, I'm fully aware.... but I just can't comprehend how things like this keep getting through to production. I'm literally amazed.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #43
    Rift Team

The Seething Cores will respawn when the instance of iRotP is started no matter if you've cleared the instance already. This is by design. You get 3 free kills per week and then it costs you IRCs after that for loot. Yes, you can farm these, it is intended.

While we are on the topic of Seething Cores, it is not a bug that you can't equip two of the same item from the Seething Cores. Just because it has a different suffix (i.e. Of the X) does not mean that it is a different item. In this case, the unique-equip flag is doing its job correctly and it is intended.

Enjoy! =)
    Last edited by Vladd; 05-11-2017 at 04:18 PM.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    While we are on the topic of Seething Cores, it is not a bug that you can't equip two of the same item from the Seething Cores. Just because it has a different suffix (i.e. Of the X) does not mean that it is a different item. In this case, the unique-equip flag is doing its job correctly and it is intended.
    So what is the intention behind having 2 "different" rings/earrings for each class if you only can equip 1 of them. I would call it an excuse for a lazy copy and paste error but itemization was never Trion`s fortitude.

Btw I hope you not released the dagger from Beruhast like it was on PTS otherwise you maybe want to check and question who slept while changing the stats and upgrade path of this item ;)

#Vladd didn't like to fix it so it is now intended
    Last edited by SFBETA; 05-11-2017 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBETA View Post
    #Vladd didn't like to fix it so it is now intended
    Vladd actually did do some work to make sure the seething cores respawned appropriately.
    Hepatitis@Greybriar
    Rift Raids
    Mistakes Were Made
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast