+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Sergeant's Order and Warrior Discussion

Default Sergeant's Order and Warrior Discussion

Legendary Sergeant's Order needs to go. It's a disease, almost every spec that has been nerfed has been because of it. Neither Tempest or Reaver were able to reach the absurd numbers that are being posted without it. It's a requirement in almost any spec to even reach decent numbers and specs are now being balanced around this one ability.

Tempest
    With Sergeant's Order gone, Tempest doesn't need the 5% nerf on Wavelength. Skyfall on the other hand needs to be fixed. First of all, not hitting the selected target is stupid. It shouldn't be an AOE in the first place. There was no reason to ever make this change. It's a single target burst spec, Lightning Rod should just be a second hit on the target. Hell add Lightning Rod to Chain Pulse as well just get rid of the passive AOE generated by Skyfall. Buff Arc.

Reaver
    Let's give this soul a reason to exist. With Tempest providing passive AOE, this soul has no purpose. Make Plague Bringer cause all abilities to be AOE including Viral Stream. Reduce all damage by 50%.

Paragon
    Without SO, this spec has no burst and even with SO it can't burst as high as Tempest and even with a perfect rotation, it's sustain is garbage. Increase Shifting Blades damage. Make Flurry actually useful. Why is Sweeping Blades still here? Either remove it or change it to 50% damage reduction. It also reduces Open the Stream's damage but doesn't spread it.

Warlord
    Still can't make sense of this spec. Abilities don't work well together and it can't even benefit from SO. Fix it!

Riftblade
    With the Nerf to all the Auto Attack abilities, this spec has lost too much power. Let's give it back some of its power and make it useful again.

Beastmaster
    Why is the ranged pet not fixed yet and why is it a two button spec. Either Cunning Ruse or Vicious Opportunity need to not consume bleeds. Right now it's put up dots, consume, put up dots, consume. I know it's a support spec and it's suppose to be easy but it shouldn't be doing 100k more damage than other support specs with just two buttons.

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm getting sick of only having one decent spec to play and then having it nerfed because of a certain ability that shouldn't be there in the first place. Get rid of SO and balance the specs properly.
    Rompalstomp - Raid Lead / Warrior Lead "Nefarious"

Agreed. Molten wave says hi too. Nerf, Break, Nerf, Break, Nerf, Break. Never resolving the actual issue, and attempting to make a band aid which breaks other things, by again, not resolving the obvious issue.

Sergeants Order. Molten Wave.

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Yeah, it's annoying but I mean, every top dps spec in the game is going to be annoying. Stormbinger was the most painful spec to master and was top for a long time and not many people could play it, pretty sure I was one of maybe ~4 australians that got it down with that 0.5s GCD.

I've asked for molten wave to be able to for like a year:

1) Toggled to ST mode so we dont lose out on ST damage.
    2) Channel on specific players when in ST mode so you cant visually miss them due to ping (lol the wave literally goes through their character and doesnt hit them).
    3) Not be able to "dodge" or "miss" the target because god forbid if that happens once RIP everything.

But that never happened so yeah, now all of primalists top DPS is locked behind a silly channel that is completely unviable in every aspect of gameplay except for dimensioneering.
    Can only imagine the frustration you warriors are going through atm.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-20-2017 at 02:13 AM.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

Haven't played my Primalist much but I can see similar things in every class. I know Mages are bound to the 11/4 offsouls. Rogues have Razorbeast and Clerics have Inscribed Fate. Why even have all these other options when one option is clearly superior. Might as well go the way WoW did it and remove skill trees all together.

Rift Chaser

Yes legendaries should of stuck to being spells that adjust play not mess with damage numbers.. Then they could tune class' better but you know haha
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Shadowlander

I think they are trying to "balance" (lol) around eternal weapons since it increases dps as you upgrade. +1000 weapon dps is a huge jump so current tempest dps will skyrocket. Then again there are those days where they try to balance but instead it turns into a nerf and destroy without buffing any other soul that needs it. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.

Champion

I don't think we'll ever really see balance in this game again tbh. I remember when classes had multiple ST specs per class that filled different niches and were all viable but since SFP especially classes have only had one, maybe two viable ST specs at a time and some of the ones that are/were top dps you have to scratch your head about what the dev(s?) was thinking in the first place.

Plane Walker

Personally, I hate Sergeant's Order with a passion. The duration is so short that if you have any lag whatsoever, even macro lag, you've already lost a huge chunk of its effectiveness. I'd rather it be 30% dmg increase for 15s than a 100% increase for 5.

And yes, there is the underlying issue of X legendaries being clearly superior to others, especially for offsouls.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    I don't think we'll ever really see balance in this game again tbh. I remember when classes had multiple ST specs per class that filled different niches and were all viable but since SFP especially classes have only had one, maybe two viable ST specs at a time and some of the ones that are/were top dps you have to scratch your head about what the dev(s?) was thinking in the first place.
    Warriors were in a really good place right at the end of Nightmare Tide. Almost every single spec had a place but then Starfall was rushed and it broke everything again. This is going to happen every single time, specs will finally get to a decent place than another expansion will get dropped. Figured the 5ish months we waited for 4.1 would at least balance a few specs.

Quote Originally Posted by Boxsmith View Post
    Personally, I hate Sergeant's Order with a passion. The duration is so short that if you have any lag whatsoever, even macro lag, you've already lost a huge chunk of its effectiveness. I'd rather it be 30% dmg increase for 15s than a 100% increase for 5.

And yes, there is the underlying issue of X legendaries being clearly superior to others, especially for offsouls.
    With that said, 5 seconds is still quite a bit. The amount of hits Tempest can get off in that duration is insane. Even at 30% it's still going to be the superior ability. Almost every other off soul legendary has a use in one way or another. We can swap them around as necessary. Like Shock Pulse for AOE and whatnot. SO is an outlier and simply needs to go.

Shadowlander

It's probably they worst there is,but if triton cannot figure that out,what can whe do.

Think the hole problem is the legenday's, from some souls and specs they work to OP .

So to balance it, well they gone have a hard time at trion

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Agreed. Molten wave says hi too. Nerf, Break, Nerf, Break, Nerf, Break. Never resolving the actual issue, and attempting to make a band aid which breaks other things, by again, not resolving the obvious issue.
    You understood Trion`s class design, grats! I just remember the last soul pack and Maelstrom: The thing is they try to tune numbers before they fixed all the bugs in the souls. It happens every time something new comes not working soul gifts, talents that modify values(dmg, heal, etc.), missing weapon dps scalings for skills. If 50% of your soul is not working why would you try to balance it number wise?

I still how Maelstrom`s design from a turret/restricted area caster changed to a nearly full mobile spec because Flashpoint Beacon was too hard to implement properly and now you can just put in some macro to not lose the buff.

What happened to phasing out abilities like that. A long time ago Marksman had Snipers Pedestal and Pyro had Glyph of Strength or something like that. Why bring it back with Maelstrom when we already knew it was a bad idea.

Rift Chaser

It's easier for devs to nerf something rather than fix the underlying issues so I doubt it will ever get fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Rift Disciple

When RIFT launched, they had one developer per class. Now we have Keyens, who is working hard but i think overwhelmed with the complexity that is RIFT uniqueness. The selling point was to be whatever you wanted but now it's so limited that most souls are not viable.

First they moved away from hybrid specs by requiring 61 points in a soul. The next "improvement" was for every class being able to do everything. Let mages tank and let warriors heal. That worked out well for everyone. Oh and let's add another class with minimal abilities and change the overall game play. Now, we devolving into 1-2 builds per class which are viable.

If i wanted to play Neverwinter, i wouldn't play RIFT. Clearly they need a rethink on their strategy for all classes including better mechanisms for simulating the effects of various builds.

What i am not understanding is why there isn't a simulator which will allow you to predict how these soul mixes play out. I am surprised this does not exist. I think the dev's would be well served to construct this for better balancing choices.

Stepping off my soap box.
    Last edited by Austinex; 04-24-2017 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austinex View Post
    When RIFT launched, they had one developer per class. Now we have Keyens, who is working hard but i think overwhelmed with the complexity that is RIFT uniqueness. The selling point was to be whatever you wanted but now it's so limited that most souls are not viable.

First they moved away from hybrid specs by requiring 61 points in a soul. The next "improvement" was for every class being able to do everything. Let mages tank and let warriors heal. That worked out well for everyone. Oh and let's add another class with minimal abilities and change the overall game play. Now, we devolving into 1-2 builds per class which are viable.

If i wanted to play Neverwinter, i wouldn't play RIFT. Clearly they need a rethink on their strategy for all classes including better mechanisms for simulating the effects of various builds.

What i am not understanding is why there isn't a simulator which will allow you to predict how these soul mixes play out. I am surprised this does not exist. I think the dev's would be well served to construct this for better balancing choices.

Stepping off my soap box.
    Because adding legendaries that literally form another soul in itself is why things break.

Example, primal avatar wind serpent made an entirely new soul that isn't dervish lol. Dervish is still dervish, but as soon as you take wind serpent, rippers, no longer dervish.

Munchmatoast - Primalist - Deepwood - Mate

R.I.P <Coriolis>

My main character is Vanhela, mage, and my other one is maple, warrior.

Like to see all the dps souls for each class doing about the same dps.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast