+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Primal Lord Pounces on PTS!

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Director of Community Relations TrionBrasse's Avatar

Default Primal Lord Pounces on PTS!

As of today, a new soul is available on the Public Test Shard for testing and experimentation. The Primal Lord is a powerful melee attacker who focuses on brutal melee combos and the calling of animal companions to strike the target viciously.

The Primal Lord is unique in that it has a very rigid rotation that is repeated constantly, rather than using a priority system. Several off global cooldown abilities must be used at specific points as well, to make this class fully effective. This is a fast and frenzied soul that requires focus and skill to execute under high pressure scenarios. Are you up for the challenge? We think so!

We do not have the art finished, and the soul is in a fairly bare-bones state, but we wanted to let you all in on the testing and feedback as early as possible!
    Chris "Keyens" Meyer

Shadowlander

Legendary Font of Bloodlust: None of my abilities apply stacks besides Hawk's Wrath and Thresher's Maw, the abilities that consume them.

There is a long delay when casting Primal Sunder, I find myself having to press it a few times before it goes off, particularly after using bloodletting which halts the rotation for a second.
    Last edited by Wynford; 04-13-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Oh my god.

OOOOOOOOOH MY GOD!!!!

Keyens. You are a beautiful human being, dont touch this please, let it go live omg.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Oh my god.

OOOOOOOOOH MY GOD!!!!

Keyens. You are a beautiful human being, dont touch this please, let it go live omg.
    Something tells me Munch found a spec that does over a mil dps or somethin =/

Quote Originally Posted by Naught View Post
    Something tells me Munch found a spec that does over a mil dps or somethin =/
    I did.

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    Oh my god.

OOOOOOOOOH MY GOD!!!!

Rip yuno whats gonna heppen
    Enjoy it on pts while you can
    Last edited by Bishoujo; 04-13-2017 at 11:51 PM.

Proper feedback though:

- Primal Sunder has mad delay on it, it NEEDS to be fixed if you want to keep up the speed idea.

- Having a .75s GCD in my opinion is a large design flaw. You should never mess with GCD's like that. It wouldn't be bad if you didn't have to use OGCD abilities in between, however we do so yeah.

- I assume having Primal Sunder with a 1 second CD is so that you can macro Primal Sunder with Hawk's Wrath and Thresher's Maw, it doesn't work however, increase the CD on Primal Sunder to 2s.

- You have to hit essentially 2 abilities every .75 seconds, on two different buttons, which is one ability on one different button on every .325 seconds, which means that if you have anything higher then 70 latency, you will NEVER be able to play this spec to its full capability. If there weren't so many off GCD abilities on a .75s GCD it would be ok.

- Legendary Scything Strike is not granting +50% dmg to following ability as intended. Legendary Scything Strike (the proc) is also flagged as elemental damage and gets buffed by everything related to elemental damage, specific or not (Molten wave, scald, heart of the volcano etc).

- Bloodletting is flagged as elemental damage and gets buffed by everything related to elemental damage, specific or not (Molten wave, scald, heart of the volcano etc).

Overall I do enjoy it very very much. It is definitely my kind of gameplay, a few tweaks here and there and I can see this being a very successful build.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spoiler!

Outside this, the damage is very lack luster for the effort required to play the spec in comparison to other primalist builds.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- Figured out the main reason why the DPS is lackluster. The .75s GCD isn't 100% uptime because Rage of the Beast stacks get consumed rapidly and randomly. Abilities consume random amounts, I have no idea why I cant figure it out. Every ability can consume up to 4 stacks so far from what i've seen. Spiritualism also consumes stacks, so its a DPS loss to use spiritualism right now.

So basically the soul is out 200-300k dps.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-14-2017 at 08:39 AM.

Rift Chaser

Primal Sunder delay is a drag for sure.

As for Rage of the Beast Stacks, Scything Strike and Primal Sunder (legendary or not) always consume 2 stacks for me.
    Also, Legendary Rend Spirit (Farseer) which is oGCD is also consuming 2 stacks.

You can crit yourself with legendary Jungle Rush.

Legendary Font of Bloodlust reduces Subduction cooldown to 4 seconds. If you take Legendary Tectonic Spike too, Subduction has no cooldown.
    Last edited by Harumph; 04-14-2017 at 05:17 PM.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Ok so now that my post was about mechanics and such here's my request:

- We have no interrupt and can't spec into one - perhaps add a debilitate onto it, otherwise make a separate ability for a stun or debilitate.

- We have nothing but a root, the root itself needs to be unbreakable and last 5s. The idea is that target is rooted, you teleport in, you are strictly melee range, ZERO disconnects, if you dont kill the target within that 5s timeframe, teleport out.

- DMG reduction, speed boosts and dodge/block etc should be added otherwise the spec will instantly get blown up and not be viable in pvp compared to all other melee souls right now:

These are based off of not sacrificing DPS for legendaries, so max DPS, also no off-souls.

Harbinger:
    - 65% Ranged, many disconnects and gap closers.
    - 20% Passive Dodge
    - Essence of Wind, 40% Dodge boost, 50% Speed boost for 15s
    - Glaring Fetters, 30% Snare + DMG for 10s
    - Stealth (break LoS & combat) every 30s with tripple force crit afterward
    - Empyrean Ascension, 50% uptime on a passive 20% Damage mit.
    - Conditioned Response - Free passive heal, along with the perk that if you get damaged below 50% health it lowers the cooldowns on all of the other passive damage mits above.
    - Insult to Injury, Critting passively puts a shield on you that absorbs damage and explodes dealing damage afterward.
    - Phase Step, Triple gap closing teleport every 30s that applies a 35% heal debuff on target.
    - Reaper's Blade, passive heals and damage boosts and applies Minor TS.
    - Blademark, Can attack two people at the same time.
    - Planar Retreat, 20m Teleport back, breaks all CC.
    - Blade Rush, 4s Stun on the charge on a 15s CD.
    - Disabling Shock, 5s Stun on a 30s CD.
    - Phantom Blades, 50% up time on 30m range.
    - Distracting Slash, Interrupt.
    - When you dodge, you get free damage back at the attacker.

Bladedancer:
    - Pure melee, no disconnects, 1 speed boost, 1 charge.
    - Hack and Slash, 5% passive damage mit
    - Side Steps, 50% dodge boost for 15s.
    - Sprint, 50% Speed boost for 15s.
    - Meditative Trance, Free passive 12s HoT.
    - 5% Passive Crit boost, 5%, 5% applied crit debuff.
    - 6% Passive armour ignore.
    - Fated Blades & Blade and soul Parity, PASSIVE, 100% uptime on 150% AP Contribution and Ignores ALL ARMOUR (lolwhat), PASSIVE, 100% uptime on 50% Crit rate boost AND 50% Crit power boost (lolwhat).
    - Defensive Pose, Passive 15% move speed boost, Heals you and reduces damage taken by 5% on demand.
    - Flash of Steel, 1.5s Root, 40k Crit on a charge (lol what), Removes movement effects.
    - Weapon Barrage, Interrupt.
    - Disassemble, 6s Debilitate.
    - Disengage, 4s Stun.
    - Untangle, All CC break and CC immunity for 8s.
    - When you dodge, you damage back the attacker for free.

Paragon:
    - 90% Ranged, has disconnects.
    - Grace of the Five Rings, 3% Passive Dodge.
    - Way of the Mountain, 5% Passive Damage Mit, Knockback immunity.
    - Tranquility, Passive 20% Damage mit to the target's ranged attacks.
    - Shield of Will, Passive free absorb.
    - Combat Precision + Analyze Weakness, Passively Ignores 30% Armour.
    - Death Touch - Ignores Armour, Snares enemy, Reduces mainstat by 10% (Mit i guess).
    - 27% Passive Crit Chance boost to followup Attacks.
    - 18% Passive Crit Chance boost to all attacks.
    - 6% Passive Crit Power boost to all attacks.
    - Wrist Strike, 5s Debilitate.
    - Predictable Movements, 4s Stun.
    - Flinching Strike, Interrupt.
    - Thread the Trees, Charge, 1.5s Root, Removes Movement Imparing effects.
    - Fleet of Foot, 50% Movement Speed boost for 21s.
    - Grasping the Horizon, 90% Uptime on having all key abilities being 20m Range.

Shaman
    - 70% Melee Range, has disconnects.
    - Thick Skinned, Passive 5% Damage Mit
    - Courage of the Bear, Passive 5% Health boost.
    - Glory of the Chosen, Attacks heal ~2.5k.
    - Heart of the Frozen Sea, 1000 Resistance boost.
    - Windwalk, 35% Dodge Boost, 50% Move speed boost for 15s.
    - Furious Assault, 15% Passive Move speed boost.
    - 15% Passive Crit Chance boost.
    - Main damaging ability 100% Crit Rate.
    - Rage of the North, 100% Crit rate, every hit reduces it by 10% (Mad crits on top of force crits on top of crit rate passive boosts).
    - Ride the Lightning, Charge, 1.5s Root, Removes movement imparing effects.
    - Wear and Tear + Courage of the Panther, Passive 35% Armour/Resistance Ignore.
    - Snowbank, 8s Snare.
    - Bitter Wind, Interrupt.
    - Numbing Cold, choose when to apply a 35s Healing Debuff (MTS).
    - Crushing Blow, Applies TS Minor 15% Healing Deubuff.
    - Deep Freeze, 3s AOE Freeze/Stun.

Primal Lord:
    - Pure Melee, no Disconnects, One gap closer, no speed boosts or snares or pulls.
    - Cornered Prey, 3s breakable root that knocks back enemies 20m, 20m around the target.
    - Jungle Rush, 15m teleport every 8s. Does not break cc or remove movement imparing effects.

That's it. No passive mits. No Passive Dodge. No Strike backs. No crit boosts. No Crit power boosts. No Passive heals. No Force Crits. No stealths. No Charges. No Snares. No Move speed boosts. No disconnect abilities. No Armour Pen. No Debilitates. No Stuns. No Interrupts. No Twisted Soul Major or Minor.

Pile this on top of the fact that we still take 20% more damage then every other class because IDK why, yeah. We will get blown up soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard.

I could also begin going into off souls and show you how gimped primalist is for off souls as well, but I've spent the past two hours writing this up. Hopefully this helps you make some changes before it goes live.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-14-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Shadowlander

Default Underwhelming

So, what would you suggest? Currently I am offsouling Dervish for PTS testing, and am wondering if a reallocation of Dervish points will help with the lack of interrupt. You can point up to the pull in Dervish, but that is about it. Haven't looked into other offsouls, but that seemed to be the best ST offsoul for your buck right now, without sacrificing too much.

1. Same as others have mentioned Primal Sunder delay is pretty horrid
    2. Scything Strike as a 0pt investment is wildly OP as is haha
    3. Love the play style and rewards min/maxing which is nice to see
    4. Is going to be extremely strong with the Eternal Weapon proc as it will keep it up 100% of the time.
    5. I'm curious on how it works with predator
    6. I agree that the 0.75 GCD is a pretty bad idea as any lag whatsoever is going to ruin your dps espeically with all the oGCD you have to weave in.
    7. More utility (Interupt plox)
    8.Instead of the 0.75 GCD how about making Rage of the Beast make the abilities 20M? Could act as a pseudo disconnect. (just a suggestion)
    Last edited by Syntrachios; 04-15-2017 at 01:10 AM.
    Papyrusl Asteroathl Syntrachiosl Syntrashiosl Synpai@Deepwood

Default animal companions

What does the calling of animal companions really mean, I don't see pets like the other classes get so that statement looked like they were adding them.

Shadowlander

Default Animal companions aren't added

Basically, think of the Primal Lord as a master of primal forces, not necessarily a steward of natural companions.

Better way of thinking about it, Udyr from League of Legends.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Syntrachios View Post
    4. Is going to be extremely strong with the Eternal Weapon proc as it will keep it up 100% of the time.
    6. I agree that the 0.75 GCD is a pretty bad idea as any lag whatsoever is going to ruin your dps espeically with all the oGCD you have to weave in.
    8.Instead of the 0.75 GCD how about making Rage of the Beast make the abilities 20M? Could act as a pseudo disconnect. (just a suggestion)
    Basically, you can spec into Titan to get an interrupt, but that is the only one I could find within the 4 point range. /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Syntrachios View Post
    I wouldn't like making Rage of the Beast 20m. A pure melee soul sounds fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiredge View Post
    So, what would you suggest? Currently I am offsouling Dervish for PTS testing, and am wondering if a reallocation of Dervish points will help with the lack of interrupt. You can point up to the pull in Dervish, but that is about it. Haven't looked into other offsouls, but that seemed to be the best ST offsoul for your buck right now, without sacrificing too much.
    Way too much of a DPS loss to not spec 4/4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiredge View Post
    Basically, you can spec into Titan to get an interrupt, but that is the only one I could find within the 4 point range. /shrug
    Even then, primal lord needs a lot more passives and general abilities added to it

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast