+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Primal Lord Pounces on PTS!

Default animal companions

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphiredge View Post
    Basically, think of the Primal Lord as a master of primal forces, not necessarily a steward of natural companions.

Better way of thinking about it, Udyr from League of Legends.
    They made it sound like you get pets with this soul, when I was on pts someone else asked me where the new soul's pets were. Just wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Kassamai View Post
    They made it sound like you get pets with this soul, when I was on pts someone else asked me where the new soul's pets were. Just wondering.
    Basically this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8rNDsiSiTTo&t=63s

Rift Chaser

Latest change:

Primal Lord
    Hawk's Fury and Thresher's Maw no longer require 100 Fury or Cunning to cast. They instead work at reduced efficiency when not at 100 Fury or Cunning.
    Reduced efficiency means around a 90% damage reduction. I'm guessing this change is to eliminate the ability to macro TM and HF.

However, you can now just go 26 Primal Lord, and do

starting at harmony
    (Bear's Fury)Hawk's Wrath ->(Panther Claw)Legendary Scything Strike ->Thresher's Maw

and repeat. You'll bounce between full cunning and harmony. Does way better damage than 31 Primal Lord. Since you skip Primal Sunder, you can take Legendary Scything Strike, which gives you huge Thresher's Maw hits every 3 seconds.

Also, you will be hitting Bear's Fury and Panther Claw on cooldown. In the 31 version, you'd only hit them every 4 seconds even though the CD is 3 seconds. (Because you don't get the GCD reduction from Rage of the Beast any more.)

In theory, you could do something similar by staying in fury and alternating Hawk's Wrath and Fury Blast every 3 seconds, but it doesn't work because Legendary Scything Strike doesn't buff Fury Blast
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Rift Chaser

The fix for vorpal salvo also seems to have fixed harmony of life.

Legendary Scything Strike still doesn't affect abilities that have a legendary version.

General Feedback: I like the mechanics of the soul (gotta go fast!), and the animations are cool. However, the soul needs more. As it stands now, you can use it on single target boss fights. Like every other primalist ST soul.

No self heals and no survivability boosts means it's not a good solo soul. Probably not a good PVP soul either, especially with 0 disconnect.

The cleave is still real weak, so another strike against soloing, and you won't use it in a boss fight with adds to burn down. What spec am I supposed to play on High Priest Arakhurn (now that you can't swap)? Why can't we have a soul that I can play an entire dungeon with, instead of having to swap specs between trash and bosses all the time. It's easy for other callings with bladedancer/harbinger/shaman.... etc

Primalist have two glaring weaknesses - no single target with good cleave soul, and a lack of strong soloing souls. We also have two new dps souls coming out - seems like these could fill the voids.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    The fix for vorpal salvo also seems to have fixed harmony of life.
    Well the fix has gave Vorpal Salvo yet another major bug in the PTS, 75% of mines are doing 0 damage (as shown in the combat log) and the rest are not receiving the triple boost from Cunning. Not sure what happened.
    Last edited by Wynford; 05-17-2017 at 04:53 PM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post

Bladedancer:
    - Pure melee, no disconnects, 1 speed boost, 1 charge.
    - Hack and Slash, 5% passive damage mit
    - Side Steps, 50% dodge boost for 15s.
    - Sprint, 50% Speed boost for 15s.
    - Meditative Trance, Free passive 12s HoT.
    - 5% Passive Crit boost, 5%, 5% applied crit debuff.
    - 6% Passive armour ignore.
    - Fated Blades & Blade and soul Parity, PASSIVE, 100% uptime on 150% AP Contribution and Ignores ALL ARMOUR (lolwhat), PASSIVE, 100% uptime on 50% Crit rate boost AND 50% Crit power boost (lolwhat).
    - Defensive Pose, Passive 15% move speed boost, Heals you and reduces damage taken by 5% on demand.
    - Flash of Steel, 1.5s Root, 40k Crit on a charge (lol what), Removes movement effects.

I could also begin going into off souls and show you how gimped primalist is for off souls as well, but I've spent the past two hours writing this up. Hopefully this helps you make some changes before it goes live.
    BD isnt viable for pvp or pve unless you literally have no interrupt and need one or for aoe trash in DD or Gyel. Its disconnect is actually pretty terrible. Not sure the comparison with this prim soul if this could be a top or good dps spec but Sin has alot less raid or group utility compared to other dps souls.

Shadowlander

Thresher's Maw damage is varying wildly at 100 cunning, ranging from 90% reduced damage to 10%. It sometimes does the expected damage but it's pretty rare. It only seems to behave this way during the rotation after a primal sunder. If I were to get to 100 cunning using another ability, it would do the expected damage.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

Rift Chaser

Was talking to someone about Primal Lord, and described it like this:

"It's like Bladedancer - you have a set melee rotation and no disconnect ability. Except you trade your AoE, speed buffs, damage reduction, self healing, and raid utility for a teleport. Also you don't get an interrupt or any stuns."

Yes, I know that you shouldn't compare souls one to one, but Primal Lord compares (utility wise) badly to every melee soul I'm familiar with.

Yes, legendary Jungle Rush can be a powerful tool. BUT - you can't take legendary Jungle Rush in a full Primal Lord build. Dropping one of the three dps-focused legendaries is going to be a huge hit. But it's very good as an off soul legendary.

Some suggestions:

Cornered Prey would be cooler as a teleport. Appearing at the enemy and blasting others away feels more impactful than just doing it from range. Also helps the disconnects.

Some raid utility would be nice - especially an armor debuff as this is a pure physical class.

Scorpion Pierce needs to be a lot better (wider range, better damage)

Better survivability - some shields, or self heal, or mitigation, or a cooldown. Primal Lord needs something. Feels like jungle rush is counting as both our mobility and our survivability and that hurts the soul overall.

I know I'm probably repeating myself (and others) but I really want to like Primal Lord. I love playing melee, but right now the soul is just not good enough.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Thresher's Maw damage is varying wildly at 100 cunning, ranging from 90% reduced damage to 10%. It sometimes does the expected damage but it's pretty rare. It only seems to behave this way during the rotation after a primal sunder. If I were to get to 100 cunning using another ability, it would do the expected damage.
    It seems like the Primal Sunder delay is back, in a different form. The skill goes off right away, but there is a delay in the cunning/fury gain. I think sometimes Thresher's Maw goes off before the focus change, so you get the 90% reduction.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Sadly nothings going to change. The way primal lord is now is the way it will be released.

Predator however seems promising for pvp... but cant test anything until live. So hopefully changes will be made to predator within the first week of release live testing.

Rift Chaser

Yeah, figured it wouldn't change much, but was still hoping. Anyways, will just stick to bug hunting from now on I suppose.

Bugs:

Legendary Scything Strike does not affect skills with a legendary option (seismic smash, fury blast, etc).

Non-Primal Lord oGCD abilities consume stacks of Rage of the Beast (Spiritualism, Sudden Strike, etc)
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

Shadowlander

I was parsing PL last night and it seems like the Thresher's Maw damage varying wildly again, with all the buffs up and i had hits of 300k to hits of over 2mil. I always cast it at 100 cunning, and it also moved the focus bar to harmony, since they made it only move focus if you use at 100. Normally my top 4 dps abilites-bear's fury, Hawks wrath, thresher's maw, and primal sunder are almost always very close to the same output, but last night threshers maw was 90k dps short of the other 3.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3