+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Primal Lord Pounces on PTS!

Shadowlander

Default Ah ha

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    I wouldn't like making Rage of the Beast 20m. A pure melee soul sounds fun!
    Yeah, keep RotB melee only, but give a hard disengage within the spec/reentry. The spec feels like it could be a high risk/high reward spec as long as you keep ranged elements out of it in the main spec.

Soulwalker

Default I can't find said primal lord soul

I can't seem to find the said Primal lord that is supposed to be on the PTS is there just for the apr 13th or past that date for testing etc.

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    I can't seem to find the said Primal lord that is supposed to be on the PTS is there just for the apr 13th or past that date for testing etc.
    Are you a Primalist?
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Wynford View Post
    Legendary Font of Bloodlust: None of my abilities apply stacks besides Hawk's Wrath and Thresher's Maw, the abilities that consume them.
    Bear's Fury applies it too, but that's the only other one I've found. Also, the buff from the Font is called bloodlust - should probably be changed.

Harmony of Life stops working sometimes, don't get the buff when you hit harmony. Not sure what breaks it.

Legendary Scything Strike doesn't work on some abilities. I think it's abilities that have a legendary version. Doesn't work on Vorpal Salvo or Seismic Smash (legendary or not). Works on Precision Bolt and Lashing Wind. Oddly enough, it does work on Seismic Smash that is auto-cast by Subduction (using the Tectonic Spike Legendary).

It can also be proc'd from Primal Lord abilites. (Bloodletting is the only one I've tested so far)
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>
    5th best primalist NA (also 5th worst)

Rift Chaser

Some fixes on PTS today:

Font of Bloodlust seems to be working right (buff still named wrong though), Primal Sunder lag seems gone, Rage of the Beast stacks are consumed properly

Big change: Rage of the Beast doesn't reduce GCD anymore.

Some things I noticed today:

Bloodletting is counting as a Cunning ability (should be nothing)
    Hawks Wrath is counting as nothing (should be a Fury ability)
    Thresher's Maw is counting as nothing (should be a Cunning ability)
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

I'm not too sure how to feel about Primal Lord tbh. It's just melee damage. Bare minimum utility, no self-sustain. Just damage with a blink and a root. I don't really see anything that would be attractive in any off-souls for legendaries since they mostly just completely break PL's rotation/flow.

Also I macro'd everything into 4 buttons for a dps gain.
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

Few things:

Harmony of Life does not work.
    We lost 25% DPS with no compensation.

Everything xydru said and my previous post about lacking just general everything.

Big flaw is zero synergy with off souls, so the main soul has to have a lot of stuff.

Has potential. I like the play style. Just... another typical primalist soul with nothing but non guaranteed (crit) damage as usual.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 04-19-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Shadowlander

Few things:

Harmony of Life does not work.
    We lost 25% DPS with no compensation.

Everything xydru said and my previous post about lacking just general everything.

Big flaw is zero synergy with off souls, so the main soul has to have a lot of stuff.

Has potential. I like the play style. Just... another typical primalist soul with nothing but non guaranteed (crit) damage as usual.
    Harmony of Life was working for me again after reseting my soul.

-

Love the changes, my damage nearly doubled. A bit concerned about the lack of offsoul legendary options, you're pretty much limited to 3/5 - unless it's intended to synergize with the other new melee soul. And the spec has almost no utility options
    Last edited by Wynford; 04-19-2017 at 10:30 PM.

7 Dervish has obvious synergy with 31 Primal Lord and you can use 2 font buffs with it, so there's one possible off-soul legendary (I put in a bug report about it but does L:FoS give +9% damage per stack or 1%? Tool tips don't match). My first thought was to try Rend Spirit with 1pt Farseer since it's the only physical off-soul option (according to tool tips and off the top of my head) and I didn't bother looking into abilities that are supposed to only increase elemental damage - it doesn't feel like a very good choice though. On paper it looks like a perfect fit since it's phys and off-gcd. Maybe if it didn't move fury/cunning at all it'd be ok, but with +40 fury on it it just feels bad because it's basically only usable at one point on 31 PL natural rotation and seemed to be a DPS loss to use, somehow. But then I'm just a baddie that macro'd everything together
    Last edited by Xydru; 04-19-2017 at 10:50 PM.
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Xydru View Post
    7 Dervish has obvious synergy with 31 Primal Lord and you can use 2 font buffs with it, so there's one possible off-soul legendary (I put in a bug report about it but does L:FoS give +9% damage per stack or 1%? Tool tips don't match). My first thought was to try Rend Spirit with 1pt Farseer since it's the only physical off-soul option (according to tool tips and off the top of my head) and I didn't bother looking into abilities that are supposed to only increase elemental damage - it doesn't feel like a very good choice though. On paper it looks like a perfect fit since it's phys and off-gcd. Maybe if it didn't move fury/cunning at all it'd be ok, but with +40 fury on it it just feels bad because it's basically only usable at one point on 31 PL natural rotation and seemed to be a DPS loss to use, somehow. But then I'm just a baddie that macro'd everything together
    The 9% buff from Legendary FoS only applies to aftershock, otherwise it's 1% per stack for all damage. So no the legendary version has no impact on Primal Lord.

I haven't tried Rend Spirit since the change to Rage of the Beast. You can't really slap it in a macro because it cancels the bloodletting buff that increases Primal Sunders damage which is a dps loss - and obviously it generates fury so you shouldn't use it during your cunning cycle. It would have to be managed on a separate button.

-

Also found that Rage of the Beast cancels the Scything Strike -> Bloodletting -> Primal Sunder damage buffs. Maybe an oversight?
    Last edited by Wynford; 04-19-2017 at 11:49 PM.
    Wynford@Greybriar (Cleric) - Martyrdom@Greybriar (Primalist) - Salmoneus@Greybriar (Mage)

The 9% buff from Legendary FoS only applies to aftershock, otherwise it's 1% per stack for all damage. So no the legendary version has no impact on Primal Lord.
    The buff bar tool tip reads as damage/healing increased by 9% and aftershock damage increased by 15% per stack, while the ability bar tool tip reads as 1% damage/healing and 9% aftershock damage. That's what had me confused, but I''ll believe that the only difference between legendary and normal is 9% aftershock damage, which makes it a useless legendary for 31 PL.

I haven't tried Rend Spirit since the change to Rage of the Beast. You can't really slap it in a macro because it cancels the bloodletting buff that increases Primal Sunders damage which is a dps loss - and obviously it generates fury so you shouldn't use it during your cunning cycle. It would have to be managed on a separate button.
    Yup that'd be why I lose DPS macroing Rend Spirit, derp lol. That makes it only usable at after Primal Surge at 100 fury. Feels bad to me.

Also found that Rage of the Beast cancels the Scything Strike -> Bloodletting -> Primal Sunder damage buffs. Maybe an oversight?
    Spiritualism is also breaking the combo. Feels bad but SS and Bl both include "This effect ends when you use any ability." You can't use anything but the combo and Serpent Tooth/Panther Claw once you start it. Anything you want to add to PLs rotation has to be done before SS or after PS. Unfortunately this includes RotB and Spiritualism. And Rend Spirit.
    Again, it feels bad, mainly because there will be times where RotB won't line up perfectly when you want to begin your SS>BL>PS combo. You either wait a second or two or just go on without and pop it before HW/TM, which means PS looses out on that sweet, sweet damage buff. In my 4 button setup I have to occasionally press 1 between 3-3 or 4-4 GCDs. I'd like if I could do 1-2-3-3 1-2-4-4 forever always, but the occasional 1-2-3-1-3 and 1-2-4-1-4 will have to do
    Last edited by Xydru; 04-20-2017 at 12:48 AM.
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

The only thing that could trump 16% weapon damage and 16% attack power is 30% elemental 0 point passive from scald, however the build isnt elemental.

So yes, there is obvious synergy with dervish, but cyclicism is no where near worth it compared to other off soul alternatives.

Rift Chaser

Right now, I don't think Scorpion Pierce is ever worth casting. For pure AoE, SP->Bloodletting spam is super weak. You'll do way more DPS just burning down a single target at a time.

You can use it for a bit of cleave during a single target rotation, but it doesn't reduce the CD of Rage of the Beast.

Also, it only hits 4 targets in a narrow line with a range of about 4.8m, The odds of you actually hitting 4 targets are very low.
    Nivv <Stack More Crit>
    Nivva <Stack More Dodge>

The only thing that could trump 16% weapon damage and 16% attack power is 30% elemental 0 point passive from scald, however the build isnt elemental.

So yes, there is obvious synergy with dervish, but cyclicism is no where near worth it compared to other off soul alternatives.
    Idk, my highest parse was 8 dervish 0 farseer by 30k-40kish. Maybe I was just sleepy for 4/4 parses. I thought Squall could be nice to have too, just depends I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Right now, I don't think Scorpion Pierce is ever worth casting. For pure AoE, SP->Bloodletting spam is super weak. You'll do way more DPS just burning down a single target at a time.

You can use it for a bit of cleave during a single target rotation, but it doesn't reduce the CD of Rage of the Beast.

Also, it only hits 4 targets in a narrow line with a range of about 4.8m, The odds of you actually hitting 4 targets are very low.
    I don't think Scorpion Pierce is meant to be spammed with Bloodletting, but that you're supposed to just replace Scything Strikes with SP and follow the rotation as normal so that you're able to cleave a little bit while maintaining ST DPS.
    I agree that the width of SP could use a little buff, and it not reducing RotB CD is also pretty lame.
    Last edited by Xydru; 04-20-2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Xydru | Lanaiex
    Wolfsbane

Telaran

The fury/cunning bonus damage from Serpent Tooth and Panther Claw needs to be increased for it to be worthwhile, otherwise macroing one in and living with the dps loss leads to a dps increase from the reduced complexity #sadtimes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast