Thread: ETERNAL ARMOR PICTURES - From the Live Stream 2/24

Rift Disciple

Default ETERNAL ARMOR PICTURES - From the Live Stream 2/24

Plate:

Chain:

Leather:

Cloth:

Rift Disciple

Looking back at these, the warrior feet are the only ones that could majorly affect DPS. Not sure that 100 additional power fits in with these other effects that are all more PvP/open world oriented. Although it wouldn't affect DPS, I wouldn't mind seeing an effect that increases the max mana pool, or some sort of mana regen, considering the eternal weapon effect is based around having high mana.

I do have a few questions also.. have any of these effects been changed since 2/24? Will we see added abilities like the eternal weapons got?

Here's a complete list I have (though the image isn't as pretty), it includes some of the weapons they showed off during that live stream.

Rift Datamining, dev chatter, news, and occasionally guides at The Ghar Station
    Chat with us at The Ghar Station Discord or visit us on twitter @TheGharStation
    Clowd@Greybriar / Anadriel@Greybriar / Neganta@Greybriar

Plane Touched

Those eternal procs for cleric are just awful in comparison to other classes. I guess they were right all along. It really is better to reroll a new class.

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    Those eternal procs for cleric are just awful in comparison to other classes. I guess they were right all along. It really is better to reroll a new class.
    did you SEE the mage ones??

I will gladly take the scaling-forever-self-shield over a blink and knockback...
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    did you SEE the mage ones??

I will gladly take the scaling-forever-self-shield over a blink and knockback...
    Are these suppose to work in PvP? I don't read that proc the way you read it. Just a passive absorb every 20 secs. that only maxes out at 50% since the absorb cap. It would take a long time just to get to 50% if it really does stack over time though.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 03-22-2017 at 03:03 AM.

Champion

Why don't they just delete the Cleric calling and get it over with?

Quote Originally Posted by Aedynn View Post
    you can also delet all class's since 99.9% not gonna get a single piece of them.

Plane Touched

Well a warrior wouldn't want 100 power. We need to drop to below 20 for the eternal weapon to drop which is neigh I possible as it is. That proc just makes no sense.

Soulwalker

Default eternal armor

do all of these armor pieces drop for all classes?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by irieguin View Post
    Well a warrior wouldn't want 100 power. We need to drop to below 20 for the eternal weapon to drop which is neigh I possible as it is. That proc just makes no sense.
    personally i think it would be great because there are a lot of power hungry specs that people won't use because of that reason. in a spec i made the power consumption is way higher than even the eternal weapon can muster. having the extra 100 power would add better down time in between eternal weapon cooldown.

eternal pictures? I saw one player with eternal helmet
    he looked like this

just black
    black Pinhead
    i want that costume!
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    POWER*LEVELING from x to 65 - pay with plat, rex or epic unstables - on EU and NA | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty arts

I would love to hear an explanation on where some of these eternals would be practical or usefull in any way from any of the Devs. The procs on them Do Not Make Sense to me... its as if Trion just subcontracted out the work to create them to some other people that have never played the game.

The ones that stand out as being AMAZING and usefull are Rogue Chest -> 3 meter extra melee, Cleric Helmet -> Really nice absorb scaling off max health, Warrior boots -> Power + Max Hp. While the rest seem really stupid and useless... they feel like a stat stick basically, or just a slightly better stat armor. I don't see any of the other procs on them as being beneficial in any way to anyone in PVE... they would have use in PVP but that doesn't make sense either because we have PVP gear for that which is substantially better over any eternal piece... am I missing something here Trion?

Couldn't you have done better with these? Can I get an explanation where we would use the blinks or knockbacks and other junk on them when we have Tons of built in utility in almost every soul- and souls that don't really have that have no use for it anyway.

I hope someone listens to how people feel about these, because something so incredibly rare that once you get it... you are not even excited about because only thing usefull on them is 100 extra main stat over the raid armor you have on now.
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 07-04-2017 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MakeClericsGreatAgain View Post
    I would love to hear an explanation on where some of these eternals would be practical or usefull in any way from any of the Devs. The procs on them Do Not Make Sense to me... its as if Trion just subcontracted out the work to create them to some other people that have never played the game.
    Pretty much everything u said.... how bout dem mage ones, totes useful in PVE!

I cba to find the quote, but I like how they say rift aint a pvp focus'd game and at the same time make armor effects like this.

Thank goodness they are super duper ultra rare so nobody has to worry about it!

Kappa
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Fia

Who came up with this nonsense? I seriously hope that the procs of the armor sets are also disabled in PvP. Otherwise increasing the melee range by 3 meters is EXTREMELY OP, bcos it is not affected by any PvP reductions at all. In that sense, the absorb shield is the worst ability of them all by far. And blinking to a target to increase their and my movement speed? In what possible scenario would I ever need that for, especially when it comes to PvE?

Please start making polls about stuff like this before investing time in creating abilities that no one wants or needs.
    Last edited by Fia; 07-05-2017 at 02:56 AM.
    Fiia@Typhiria | Asthea@Hailol
    Cleric-Heal/Tank/DD | Lvl70

New 4K 21:9-Ratio Videos: http://youtube.com/astheatv

+ Reply to Thread