As part of our 4.1 release, we have extended our in-game trade system to allow trades between characters on different home shards. This means that your character will be free to trade coin and items with any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard. Before we release 4.1, we are opening up cross shard trades to our players in the PTS environment to have a go at it. To really put the system through its paces, we ask that you conduct trade transactions between characters on different home shards. Trade as many coin and items with each other as you like. The trade should execute as any other normal trade.
Please note that this feature does not allow a character to send items to another character on another home shard via a mail message.
We would appreciate any and all feedback about this feature. In particular:
• Did both parties receive the items in the trade?
• Are there any significant delays between the time the ‘Trade’ buttons are pushed and the trade transaction finishes?
• If some catastrophic failure happens before a cross shard trade completes (e.g. one or both clients crash), are the items involved in the trade returned to the respective character inventory, and are no new items added to either character’s inventory?
• Are there any UI issues involved in the cross shard trade.
If you do encounter any bugs with the cross shard trade feature, please try to provide as much detail as possible. At minimum, the following information would be helpful:
• The name of your character and your home shard
• The name of your trade partner’s characters and his/her home shard
• The time the trade was attempted
• A description of what each party was attempting to trade and what the result of the trade was
Please, have at the cross shard trade feature and post your feedback!