+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official: Cross Shard Trades

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Official: Cross Shard Trades

As part of our 4.1 release, we have extended our in-game trade system to allow trades between characters on different home shards. This means that your character will be free to trade coin and items with any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard. Before we release 4.1, we are opening up cross shard trades to our players in the PTS environment to have a go at it. To really put the system through its paces, we ask that you conduct trade transactions between characters on different home shards. Trade as many coin and items with each other as you like. The trade should execute as any other normal trade.

Please note that this feature does not allow a character to send items to another character on another home shard via a mail message.

We would appreciate any and all feedback about this feature. In particular:

• Did both parties receive the items in the trade?
    • Are there any significant delays between the time the ‘Trade’ buttons are pushed and the trade transaction finishes?
    • If some catastrophic failure happens before a cross shard trade completes (e.g. one or both clients crash), are the items involved in the trade returned to the respective character inventory, and are no new items added to either character’s inventory?
    • Are there any UI issues involved in the cross shard trade.

If you do encounter any bugs with the cross shard trade feature, please try to provide as much detail as possible. At minimum, the following information would be helpful:

• The name of your character and your home shard
    • The name of your trade partner’s characters and his/her home shard
    • The time the trade was attempted
    • A description of what each party was attempting to trade and what the result of the trade was

Please, have at the cross shard trade feature and post your feedback!
    Last edited by grendel530; 03-15-2017 at 08:24 AM.

SUPER NEWS! (I mean, SUPER news. An end to mules sort of super news.)

Random note: On PTS there are Alpha and Omega servers only. Will we be getting randomly assigned shards so we can test better?

Random question: Will this be meaning a shared AH in the eventual future or still separate? (I think we're all cool with keeping these separate.)
    Ghar Station
    Ghar Station Discord
    Mistakes Were Made - Guild
    New to rift? Get free stuff! Go here: http://bit.ly/2jvhGTg Or enter this: CEYE39PQRW2GP79FENQ9

Holy crap holy crap holy crap WOOOOOOOTTTTTTTSSSSSS
    Last edited by Kitasia; 03-14-2017 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post

Random note: On PTS there are Alpha and Omega servers only. Will we be getting randomly assigned shards so we can test better?

Random question: Will this be meaning a shared AH in the eventual future or still separate? (I think we're all cool with keeping these separate.)
    There's no need to do that. While the Xfer to PTS from live sends you to the Alpha server, simply from the Char select screen, select the Transfer button, and move a character to the Omega shard.
    Last edited by Niphridil; 03-14-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Inquiring minds want to know, Is this a predecessor to cross shard guilds?

With eventually the goal being, no shard's, so to speak. Just a big happy family of folks whose data merely is flagged as to what DB server their character was created on?
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Hepatits View Post

Separate AH will not exist anymore after Xshard trade... You just put a f2p dummy on each shard, trade plat/mats/ w/e to any toon and sell/buy on the AH on that shard.. and trade back to the char you want the stuff for... Xshard trade is essentially the same as Xshard AH... Just need some extra f2p accounts

Cool

Nice timing! I just leveled all my mules to 50+!
    Last edited by Grrrrl; 03-14-2017 at 02:19 PM.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by grendel530 View Post
    ...This means that your character will be free to send coin and items to any player character...
    Coin?
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Separate AH will not exist anymore after Xshard trade... You just put a f2p dummy on each shard, trade plat/mats/ w/e to any toon and sell/buy on the AH on that shard.. and trade back to the char you want the stuff for... Xshard trade is essentially the same as Xshard AH... Just need some extra f2p accounts
    One thing to keep in mind is it was stated that you won't be able to mail items. So, unless both of your toons are on at the same time you will have to use a second player to help you get the stuff to your main.

BTW, I do like the change and think it can only help the progress of the game.

Telaran

Cool Nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by grendel530 View Post
    Please note that this feature does not allow a character to send items to another character on another home shard via a mail message.
    Not to look a gift horse in the mouth... any intention of this feature rolling out later down the line?

The only remaining stepping stone being to create a separate account to trade items seems like another way to have more accounts in rift but those being mostly inactive accounts...

@ Rutte....

This means that your character will be free to send coin and items to any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard.

Guess you don't get what I mean....

trade with any player/char on any shard.... so create f2p, create a dummy on each shard, summon to tbay... and trade plat/mats or w/e with that char... buy/sell on that ah.. and give back to your char on your main account...

as for both you and that other toon being online at the same time... that's called multi-boxing.. and it is allowed
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-14-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Rift Chaser

@ Rutte....

This means that your character will be free to send coin and items to any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard.

trade with any player/char on any shard.... so create f2p, create a dummy on each shard, summon to tbay... and trade plat/mats or w/e with that char... buy/sell on that ah.. and give back to your char on your main account...
    Brand new F2P accounts don't have access to the AH. You need to unlock like...500 loyalty to be able to use the AH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

brand new f2p has access to AH... you can buy..

and no doubt there are enough players who invested or will invest that one rex to get the ah full package on one or more accounts

This is great news! Thanks dev team!
    Wolfsoul@Hailol - Wolfbones@Hailol - Lunawolf@Hailol - Primalwolf@Hailol - Blazenwolf@Hailol - Wolfdogg@Hailol - Wolffsoul@Hailol
    <Wolf Pack>

Rift Disciple

as for both you and that other toon being online at the same time... that's called multi-boxing.. and it is allowed
    Thanks, I'm familiar with Multi-boxing I just didn't want anyone getting the wrong idea that they'd be able to send stuff to their other toons by mailing it. I didn't know you were referring to Multi-boxing in your response, though. Thanks for clearing it up.
    Last edited by rutte; 03-14-2017 at 06:45 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast