+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree17Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Official: Cross Shard Trades

^^ I blame Grendel530... His words may be confusing to the reader when he says...

This means that your character will be free to send coin and items to any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard.

to send means to give/trade... not send through mail..
    Last edited by Aranka; 03-14-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Plane Walker

Day late and a dollar short.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    ^^ I blame Grendel530... His words may be confusing to the reader when he says...

This means that your character will be free to send coin and items to any player character you can interact with in the world, regardless of whether you are both from the same home shard.

to send means to give/trade... not send through mail..

How do you exactly trade items/plats to alts from different shards? That's impossible (unless they added a very secret ninja update where you can open up multiple clients at the same time on a single account)

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    How do you exactly trade items/plats to alts from different shards? That's impossible (unless they added a very secret ninja update where you can open up multiple clients at the same time on a single account)
    Step 1: create second account and 1 pers there
    Step 2: login on both accounts and pass item from main pers to second account pers
    Step 3: on main account switch to alt and pass item from second account pers to alt

Hint: use ascended code from main account when creating second account - it will help if you will need to sidekick your alts with your main - you will get xp bonus from kills in that case. And you could summon each other.
    Last edited by Isp; 03-15-2017 at 07:49 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Step 2: login on both accounts and pass item from main pers to second account pers
    Step 3: on main account switch to alt and pass item from second account pers to alt

Hint: use ascended code from main account when creating second account - it will help if you will need to sidekick your alts with your main - you will get xp bonus from kills in that case. And you could summon each other.
    Yea i know that, i just thought the entire Point with what grendlr said was that you could mail stuff between the alts in one account cross-shard-wise, because it's absurd that i have to make Another account just for transferring.
    Last edited by Semiso; 03-15-2017 at 08:15 AM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Semiso View Post
    Yea i know that, i just thought the entire Point with what grendlr said was that you could mail stuff between the alts in one account cross-shard-wise, because it's absurd that i have to make Another account just for transferring.
    I don't think the intent is to be able to give things to yourself across all shards (isn't multiboxing against the ToS or something anyway?).

I think the intent is only to be able to trade with others across shards (IE actually be able to use cross channel chats for trading).

I guess this is a good thing? I mean, there about 1000 other fixes / changes that I think are more desperately needed, but it's better than nothing I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post

To log two RIFT sessions at the same time, you need to have two computers, you can no more do this on the same computer like we used to. So this is not everyone's cup of tea...

But trading will only need a trusted friend, not a difficult thing to do.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post
    To log two RIFT sessions at the same time, you need to have two computers, you can no more do this on the same computer like we used to. So this is not everyone's cup of tea...

You do not need 2 computers unless yours is incapable of running 2 clients. Glyph allows for multiple accounts to be saved for logins.
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Mordrahan View Post

I often run 3 rift sessions on the same computer. And it is very easy to do since they added multiple account support in glyph. And it useful in many situations, like when you want to check prices on other shards without logging off current char, or if you want to keep an eye on guild chat on live server when you on PTS. My only complain that rift only run on main monitor in full screen mode - so I cannot run 2 full screen rifts on different monitors.
    Last edited by Isp; 03-15-2017 at 12:21 PM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Soulwalker

Cool

I guess for LFR it's great to trade consumables

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Graedon View Post
    I guess for LFR it's great to trade consumables
    or raids in general, being able to trade wardrobes to everyone in the raid not just those on your shard

hope it works

Quote Originally Posted by Grrrrl View Post
    You do not need 2 computers unless yours is incapable of running 2 clients. Glyph allows for multiple accounts to be saved for logins.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I was told this was no more possible. Happy to know I can do it again. Thank you for the information.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2