+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Redawn
  • 1 Post By Nebulus77

Thread: When using 61 Tempest & Wavelength Legendary, the Role resets upon changing

Exclamation When using 61 Tempest & Wavelength Legendary, the Role resets upon changing

I jumped on the PTS this morning to fiddle around with the Tempest spec.

I reset two of my roles to test out something I'd thought about last night.

Role 1: Tempest-61 | Reaver-15 | Warlord-0
    Legendaries: Wavelength, Skyfall, Double Pulse, Ravaging Strike, Sergeant's Order

Role 2: Tempest-61 | Warlord-11 | Reaver-4
    Legendaries: Wavelength, Skyfall, Double Pulse, Ravaging Strike, Sergeant's Order

So I set up Role 1, swapped to the empty role and then set up Role 2. Did some testing on Role 2, then swapped over to Role 1. And nothing worked. I looked at my soul tree and it had completely reset. Nothing selected and no Legendary's selected. I swapped back to Role 2, and it is now completely reset. Also with nothing selected and no Legendary's selected.

I redid Role 1, but did not select any Legendary's. Swapped to Role 2, and respecced and also did not select any Legendary's. Swapped back to Role 1, everything still chosen as before. Swapped to Role 2, and it is specced as chosen. So things look good so far.

in Role 2, I now select the Legendary's in Tempest of Wavelength, Skyfall, Double Pulse. Save and swapped over to Role 1 and set the same Legendary's.

Swap back over to Role 1, no changes. Swap to Role 2, no changes. Add in the Legendary from Warlord of Sergeant's Order, save and Exit. Swap to Role 1, and do the same.

Swap back to Role 2, no changes. Set Ravaging Strike as 5th Legendary, save and exit. Swap to Role 1, Also set Ravaging Strike as 5th Legendary.

Swap over to Role 2, and spec is completely reset. Swap over to Role 1, and it too is completely rest.

I performed this type of test with a couple of different specs with souls other than Tempest and I had no issues. So I went back to the Tempest, as it seems that this is centered around that soul only.

After a multitude of testing scenarios, what I've come up with the spec resetting is when the following occurs:
    1) The Tempest soul is used
    2) 5 Legendary's are in use
    3) Wavelength is one of the Legendary's.

So in a nutshell, if you use 61 Tempest, have Wavelength as one of your Legendary's, and have 5 total Legendary's allocated for this spec, when you change to another role, and upon returning to your 61 Tempest role, it WILL completely reset 100% of the time.

The issue lies when using the Wavelength Legendary along with choosing 4 other (matters not the Legendary, happens with any) Legendary's.
    Last edited by Dimples; 03-07-2017 at 09:18 AM.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Telaran

Unhappy

Primalist is resetting too, but with every soul I've tried.

Ewa
    Telaran

Default Happen to me too

On PTS -

My 61 Tempest Spec got reset when I attempted to switch. It was fully reset with 0 points.
    No other specs were reset.

This happen three times to me and at least once to another warrior when we in Tartar Depths

Rift Chaser

Your character is corrupt. Delete it and retransfer and it should be fixed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Telaran

Temp spec still reset even with 3 transfers.

Quote Originally Posted by Aayden View Post
    Your character is corrupt. Delete it and retransfer and it should be fixed.
    Incorrect. Most likely you're speaking like the sterotypical HD agent. Reboot and the problem will go away as your first course of troubleshooting.

Copied over 3 different Warriors, from 2 different accounts and exact same thing, as I originally posted. Same thing just like canine99 posted.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Telaran

Tempest spec still reset after role change even with yesterday Patch.

Champion

Recently downloaded PTS again to give it a try with specs and all. Tempest seems to be reseting for me as well. Character was freshly copied a few days ago. Here's to hoping this doesn't make it to live.
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

So alot of people seem to think this bug is related only to their class and the reality is, it has to do something with specific souls as mentioned above tempest is reseting and when i tried pyro, only pyro out of my other 18 specs would reset mainly because i only have 1 pyro spec.

Telaran

Hope this get patch...still doing it lastnite.

Telaran

Angry Continues

As of 3/28, this is still happening. Should be fun redoing each role in live... "Hang on, lemme get some fury. And then lemme redo my whole soul. I'll just be a sec!"

Soulwalker

Also happening on live :P

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Primalistnomore View Post
    Also happening on live :P
    Who would have guessed
    <Tyael@Gelidra>
    ...Stack on 8...

Quote Originally Posted by Nebulus77 View Post
    As of 3/28, this is still happening. Should be fun redoing each role in live... "Hang on, lemme get some fury. And then lemme redo my whole soul. I'll just be a sec!"
    exactly...

Ewa
    Telaran

Default BUMP

BUMP

This happen again today on LIVE! Please fix. It's really annoying.

Please Fix.

+ Reply to Thread