+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Tartaric Depths Testing Request

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Tartaric Depths Testing Request

Hi Folks,

We'd like to get some pug groups together tomorrow (March 1st) for some informal testing of Tartaric Depths. This is mostly geared towards seeing how non-raiders fare in a pick up group environment and how difficult the encounters are for them. Devs such as myself and the raid guys will be on-hand to follow your group through the instance and take notes of your feedback.

We'll probably do two sessions. First one at 11 am PST so the EU players have a chance to participate and the second one at 4 pm PST so the NA players (mostly east coast at that time) can check it out.

Most importantly about this testing is that we don't want you guys coming in with a pre-made group of 10. You'll be queuing through the LFR system and being matched that way.

Cya on PTS!
    Lead Systems Designer - RIFT

Am I allowed to come?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Am I allowed to come?
    Only if you take me with you
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Shadowlander

Default pug groups

I raid lead my group of raiders in tartaric depths i would be happy to take a pug group in there and see how it goes. Will be on tomorrow around those times

There needs to be a bonus reward implemented to make players queue as a tank. However I am terrified this will is cause players who have no desire to tank or lack the skills to tank to flood the queues, leaving a nightmare situation for those poor pugs.

I waited on pts for almost 20 mins before I moved on with my day as no queues were popping.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.

King of Slackers

80 min queue so far... Queued when only 4 people were online, so the system should have put me in the first raid?
    Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Stayed in queue for 30 mins, it popped three times, first time it timed out when the two healers didn't accept, other two times somebody declined, why bothering queuing if you just decline?

Plane Walker

@Dev: maybe the better way to do this is have a system wide announcement on live shards. Something along the lines of "PTS testing for true pugs in TD in 10 minutes! Patch PTS and come join us" You may get more people that way.

Or have a signup thread on the forums, but that probably isn't going to generate a lot of interest among the "non raiders". I'm not sure how many of the folks who would actually use LFR without a 10-man premade would come to the forums, and especially to the PTS section.

Isp
    Plane Touched

We had low guild turnout on PTS yesterday so we tried to use LFR. We had premade with 6 people with all roles: 2 tanks, 2 healers, support - first couple attempts LFR popped out fast enough, but healers were not accepting for a while (our healers were offered dps roles) and then somebody declined, then it were couple of pop ups with fast declines. After that we were waiting for a while without popup with server messages in chat about slow data processing (don't remember exact message). And when we finally decided to call it and 2 people disconnected, LFR popped out again as soon as they did. What the point of popup when some people disconnected?
    We were trying to LFM in chat to test LFR with 10 men premade - but nobody was interested, even with some activity in chat.

So test was a success, as usual. I expected that only people who care will be on PTS so I can't explain why none of LFR popups was successfully filled, unless it some glitch.

P.S. we will try today again at 18:30 UTC (EU server time), I hope that we will have more guildies and will need only 1-2 pugs, as it obviously not possible to find 4 pugs.
    Last edited by Isp; 03-02-2017 at 03:00 AM.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

King of Slackers

#PugLife
    - No fragments
    - No consumables
    - No proper Spec
    - No LFR gear
    - Malannon RP-Walk-Challenge
    Last edited by keepor; 03-02-2017 at 08:00 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    #PugLife
    - No fragments
    - No consumables
    - No proper Spec
    - No LFR gear
    I see myself in your eyes!

To be honest LFR gear from the vendor is worse than Expert gear as it doesn't provide set bonuses. Definitely noticeable as a tank.

I really had fun this run though so thanks! Love your vids keep
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

#PugLife
    - No fragments
    - No consumables
    - No proper Spec
    - No LFR gear
    A: I did not agree to be filmed. I would have worn something more flashy!

B: I would say this group was a bit above a "pug" quality of players across the board. We had mechanically aware players, a decent healer, and players who had done the encounters before.

True pug healers and pug tanks and "average" dps will have a rougher time with some of these fights.
    Last edited by Deeew; 03-02-2017 at 08:23 AM.
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.

Telaran

RP-Walk Kyzan was harder in SL.

You also have to keep in mind that it`s not common that people switch to the roles they got...the 2 times on live I got into QF via LFR we had to discuss about 5 to 10 minutes about who is going which role because you got 10 people in dps spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    a decent healer
    Yes, thanks to that cleric

jk I love you
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Soulwalker

Default TD

Hello all, yesterday we complete as guild Tartaric depths but with some issues...
    In 4th boss, pillar in armageddon phase is out of sight...
    And in 3rd boss maybe we do somethink wrong with rotation on clones and reactive doesn't exist.

1st boss:
    https://youtu.be/W0JdIuJjANk

2nd boss:
    https://youtu.be/1c24Y_omA7Q

3rd boss:
    https://youtu.be/PgMeqv1iKGo

4th boss:
    https://youtu.be/Y6aOon5OACY

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast