+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

Default OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

[Hey folks, just yer auld Dwarf trespassing here - we need an official thread for Eternal Item quests anyway, so I decided we may as well grab this one! Thank you for your feedback - please keep it on point and with lots of useful detail.
    Much obliged,
    Brasse]

Here is a list of the current steps for the eternal weapons. (as of 24.02.2017 or 02/24/2017)

Every weapon has a use-effect once it becomes eternal (after 3rd upgrade), which has a 30min duration (persists through death) and 60min cooldown.
    Clerics and Warriors do get a onehand and shield once the 2h weapon becomes eternal. Rogues get their second onehand once their first becomes eternal.

Use-Effects:
    Warrior: +4% raid-wide mitigation
    Cleric: +4% raid-wide healing received
    Rogue: +4% raid-wide damage done
    Mage: +4% raid-wide health
    Primalist: +2% raid-wide damage done, healing done and health each.

---------------------------------------

Only two out of sixteen steps are skippable by investing money , that's quite nice. The minion one would be hard to adjust, but I would like to see the cosmic cores one to be changed to "Salvage Planar Fragments x/n".

Edit: Yes, it is nitpicking, I know.
    Last edited by dunkelst; 02-24-2017 at 04:42 AM. Reason: added some information

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post

Only two out of sixteen steps are skippable by investing money , that's quite nice. The minion one would be hard to adjust, but I would like to see the cosmic cores one to be changed to "Salvage Planar Fragments x/n".
    Nice find! And i have to agree, we need more options to accelerate the quest chain or it will not be possible to acquire the weapon on the first day for working people.
    Keepro - King of Slackers
    Twitch
    Youtube
    World First & GuidesTartaric Depths - All Bosses & Smile and Wave
    Sorry, sarcasm falls out of my mouth, like stupidity falls out of yours.

Quote Originally Posted by dunkelst View Post

It use to be salvage 1000 planar fragments.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-23-2017 at 08:00 AM.

Rift Disciple

If eternal weapons are 2h I don't think I will be pursuing them. And if they are not 2h I would have to think long and hard about pursuing them as I find the concept of paying credits to complete a quest to be distasteful. I understand that I don't have to complete the quest with credits. I am concerned about hitting a wall which can't be over come without the investment in credits and rl currency.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    It use to be salvage 1000 planar fragments.
    Oh, that's sad to hear. Guess there's no chance of it being reverted then. I guess obtaining 1000 cores is faster than salvaging 1000 fragments atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    If eternal weapons are 2h I don't think I will be pursuing them. And if they are not 2h I would have to think long and hard about pursuing them as I find the concept of paying credits to complete a quest to be distasteful. I understand that I don't have to complete the quest with credits. I am concerned about hitting a wall which can't be over come without the investment in credits and rl currency.
    You don't have to invest credits to complete the quest, it's just possible (at a steep price) to accelerate 2/16 steps on PTS. Not sure how it will look when more upgrades are added, but I hope they will focus on gameplay like in the remaining 14 steps so far.

Quote Originally Posted by keepor View Post
    Nice find! And i have to agree, we need more options to accelerate the quest chain or it will not be possible to acquire the weapon on the first day for working people.
    100 experts in 1 day. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED.

General of Telara

All the class's weapons are now on the pts with their new procs. I'm sure someone is busy making SS now so ill let them post it.

Just wanted to point out that the weapons now start off at blue rare rarity and not at eternal right away but the lowest level weapons have the same appearance as the eternals. Not sure if that is intended since I felt the awesome appearance was part of eternals just as much as the stats.

The rogue dagger proc adds 4% damage to the raid and the primalist weapon proc adds 2% healing and damage. It seems like the dex users got the best procs since everyone wants more dps. I'm not sure if I really like these procs too because I feel like even if we end up replacing them we will still carry them around in our bags so we can buff our raids.

SQQUEEEEEEEE

All the weapon procs

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post

SQQUEEEEEEEE

All the weapon procs
    Instead of bring the player it`s again the class? Why don`t just make them 1h long and 1h cd or both 30 min...trying to fill your raid with exactly 2 of each class to have a 100% uptime sounds bad...or we all have to get some alts to buff our raids before we enter them
    Time to get my Rogue to 70 I guess?
    Last edited by legitN; 02-23-2017 at 01:31 PM.

In case anyone wanted to see all of the tasks:

First Upgrade
    • Kill Infernal Foes in Tenebrean Shism 0/100 (Rip spelling)
    • Capture 15 Cosmic Particles in The Blind Spot
    • Close Rifts that grant experience 0/10
    • Complete the quest Taking Power
    Second Upgrade
    • Kill zone event colossi 0/50
    • Defeat rift invasions 0/1000
    • Close Rifts that grant experience 0/20
    • Complete the quest Feeding the Beast
    Third Upgrade
    • Complete the quests Skullduggery and A Sticky Wicket 0/2
    • Level Wicket the Minion to 25
    • Close Rifts that grant experience 0/40
    • Acquire Cosmic Cores 0/1000
    Fourth Upgrade
    • Defeat Level 70 Expert Dungeons 0/100
    • Close Rifts that grant experience 0/80
    • Capture 20 Cosmic Particles in The Blind Spot
    • Complete the quest A Weapon's Thirst
    Fifth Upgrade - Eternal
    • Kill Malannon in LFR Tartaric Depths 0/16
    • Close Rifts that grant experience 0/160
    • Complete the quest Eternal Power
    Final Upgrade - Eternal
    • Kill High Priest Arakhurn in Intrepid Rise of the Phoenix 0/16
    • Close Rifts that grant experience 0/320
    • Capture 25 Particles in The Blind Spot
    • Complete the quest From the Flames
    Last edited by Artewig; 02-23-2017 at 02:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Plane Touched

Default And ...

The weapons are well named because it will take an eternity to get them fully upgraded.
    Last edited by Gunian; 02-23-2017 at 02:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunian View Post
    The weapons are well named because it will take an eternity to get them fully upgraded.
    2 and 4 will take some time, the rest is mainly closing rifts.

God forbid you can't get a BiS weapon in a few weeks that you'll use in all tiers.

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    2 and 4 will take some time, the rest is mainly closing rifts.

God forbid you can't get a BiS weapon in a few weeks that you'll use in all tiers.
    At ~5 minutes per rift (I'd estimate that's how long a lvl 10 rift takes, maybe a little less) it would take about 53 hours of farming and that's just the rift portion. Personally, I'm glad it's such a major time investment. I was disappointed at how easy the Nightmare Saga weapon was to get.
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    Hold on to the people who are already fighting in your corner, don't gamble on the people who haven't shown any interest or effort

Should have been more like an Epic Weapon quest from EQ days, for all you old ppl who know what I am talking about....

This is more of a grind than a quest, but at least it is something to work towards!
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.

these procs look rather boring.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast