+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    No, rogues don't have it the worst. That being said, the issue I see with this is that the damage buff is going to be minimal at best because with plenty of ogcd and high cost abilities, going below 75 happens all the time. Looking at Shadeborn, Innumerable Shadows costs 35 energy. Using that every 10s, means every 10s, if not sooner, you will stop gaining stacks (and potentially lose the stacks).

Rogues really don't have too much of an energy issue right now, but that could come into play.

I do suspect we'll have a change in Bladedancer to prevent the 100% uptime on this though.
    Depend what spec ur playing. Many lose energy too fast (try new sin or nb). Even shadeborn risk to drop below 50 energy (as u wrote), but faster then it seems.
    Also many other soul are energy intensive as physician.
    If this weapon is meant just for builds with at least 51 bd / 0 tact to keep always blade and soul parity up, it seems little bit reductive out of 11 souls. Even in bd with dances up u lose energy from spamming hundred blades btw (as example, ofc to prevent infinite use of it).
    Last edited by Heri; 03-23-2017 at 07:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post
    Depend what spec ur playing. Many lose energy too fast (try new sin or nb). Even shadeborn risk to drop below 50 energy (as u wrote), but faster then it seems.
    Also many other soul are energy intensive as physician.
    If this weapon is meant just for builds with at least 51 bd / 0 tact to keep always blade and soul parity up, it seems little bit reductive out of 11 souls. Even in bd with dances up u lose energy from spamming hundred blades btw (as example, ofc to prevent infinite use of it).
    Well, there's no reason to really play physician, but physician has adrenaline shot to top you off. You wouldn't use Hundred Blades for ST, and there aren't any AoE fights.

Anyway, I agree that it isn't the best weapon, but I don't think it's the worst. I'd say the mana one is worse. The warrior one is decent, but it relies on dropping your power that low and I don't know enough about Warriors to tell if it is really useful.

I guess I'm not a fan of them relying on resource...
    Last edited by Artewig; 03-23-2017 at 08:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Champion

Well, there's no reason to really play physician, but physician has adrenaline shot to top you off. You wouldn't use Hundred Blades for ST, and there aren't any AoE fights.

Anyway, I agree that it isn't the best weapon, but I don't think it's the worst. I'd say the mana one is worse. The warrior one is decent, but it relies on dropping your power that low and I don't know enough about Warriors to tell if it is really useful.

Actually, depending on how you play tempest, it gets energy starved very easily now (especially in groups without the bard / chloro buff). It's pretty standard for my power to drop low enough for the proc to kick in during every wavelength period, but supposedly the proper rotation should work out so that it never gets that low.

That being said, the proper tempest rotation is very rigid and like 9-10 buttons, so I foresee this proc helping a LOT of warriors learning tempest...

Shadowlander

U may consider that dmg or heal is increase by 6k x stack (how many stack in total?). So to be near equal to cleric one's ( 18k vs 20k) u need at least 3 seconds with energy above 75.

I dont think, excluding bladedancer, that during fight u can keep it, and losing everything below 50 is just too much punishing imo. Also that bonus is not applied to HOTs and DOTs. (and that is the real great problem imo, since good part of dmg or heal from rogue cames from those)

As per example i think 50% more dmg and healing for every skill is way more good bonus instead of fixed bonus to dmg or heal, expecially if u crit in that time. (warchanter hello )

Sidenote: there is no reason to play a lot of souls if u want to be at least competitive, just 2-3, i think that everybody already knows. But the example of physician was meant to say that it would have became even more useless.
    Last edited by Heri; 03-24-2017 at 10:00 AM.

Plane Touched

Default Mhm

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    The real bottleneck is levelling the minion to 25. But you can throw cash at that and it goes away.
    Blind Spot was a bit of a pain at 15, at 20 it will be painful, and most will give up on 25. Player frustration will be a bigger bottleneck.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gunian View Post
    Blind Spot was a bit of a pain at 15, at 20 it will be painful, and most will give up on 25. Player frustration will be a bigger bottleneck.
    I don't see what the problem was. They made it a whole lot easier from PTS. Probably about twice as easy now.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Quote Originally Posted by Azith View Post
    Please implemet two Daggers for rogues right from the beginning of the questchain. It would be quite unfair to need to do the whole q-chain until you get a 2nd onehand whilst every other class got a twohand rifght from the start.
    Trion are you being serious?? wheres our 2 daggers? or 2 swords, you dont serously expect us rogue, to do all these insane things twice?

Quote Originally Posted by papa009 View Post
    Trion are you being serious?? wheres our 2 daggers? or 2 swords, you dont serously expect us rogue, to do all these insane things twice?
    You get the second one when it hits eternal quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Should have been more like an Epic Weapon quest from EQ days, for all you old ppl who know what I am talking about....

This is more of a grind than a quest, but at least it is something to work towards!
    My Magician in EQ had her Epic. It was very special to have. Remembering the raids, wiping out in Plane of Fear and trying to get bodies back. That was tough!

Going to start on Rift's Eternal quest once I hit 70 (69) now.

Rift Disciple

Default Level Minion to 25

I have seen people advertising in XE for that minon, which is part of the Eternal Weapons quest line, for sale at level 25. How can you sell a fully leveled minion? Isn't it bound? Is this a scam or a joke? If it is not bound can it actually work to by it and to finish that quest?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    I have seen people advertising in XE for that minon, which is part of the Eternal Weapons quest line, for sale at level 25. How can you sell a fully leveled minion? Isn't it bound? Is this a scam or a joke? If it is not bound can it actually work to by it and to finish that quest?
    they're trolling.....the minion is bound to account and you cant trade leveled minions even if it wasn't

Soulwalker

Default stuck on the portal part

Got my 1000assaults and 50 Colossi, turned it in now the quest giver wants me to find this pocket portal which is nowhere to be found in the Marsh Gate? Anyone else having this issue or can enlighten me as to where it is I find this? Appreciate any help.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by waldias View Post
    Got my 1000assaults and 50 Colossi, turned it in now the quest giver wants me to find this pocket portal which is nowhere to be found in the Marsh Gate? Anyone else having this issue or can enlighten me as to where it is I find this? Appreciate any help.
    Update:Helps if you upg your weapon first you will find the portal alot easier. Argh

Rift Disciple

Thank you Bob. I was suspicious but being too naive at the same time. I kept thinking that I might be missing something. I wasn't.

Rift Disciple

Default Do all cosmic cores count? Quest sticky vs weapon upgrade tooltiip disagreement

Noticed that the number of cosmic cores "obtained" listed in the quest sticky (all cores in your inventory) differs from the number of cores listed if you alt-click the eternal weapon (counts only cores gained by recycling PF's on that toon after the second eternal weapon upgrade).

Anybody know which count is accurate?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast