+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

The first boss NPC will be the hardest part depending on respawn time and if you can just tag it. The 100 mobs you just throw a dot on one and move on.

If mobs are up sure! Im being optimistic in thinking there will be an increase in population during this. I play after midnight suring the week so it wont really affect me i hope lol
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Ascendant

The real bottleneck is levelling the minion to 25. But you can throw cash at that and it goes away.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    The real bottleneck is levelling the minion to 25.
    Since Minions are account bound, how will this work out for alts?

I'm expecting this to auto complete, like how mains were able to purchase the rep item for nightmare saga weapon for alts. Trion better not think about making every alt level a minion to 25...

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crewcut View Post
    Trion better not think about making every alt level a minion to 25...
    Very unlikely as it's a specific Minion, one called Wicket, so if it's leveled on one char to 25, it's leveled to all alts as well.

Rift Disciple

So what if you don't have the particular minion? SOL?

So started fooling around on PTS the other night and picked up the Eternal weapons quest. Supposed to get like 15 cosmic particles. This is going to frustrate some folks as it appears that you have to get 15 done in one attempt. And it doesn't appear to count towards the quest where you have to gather cosmic particles. It can be done mind you. But some aren't going to like the get it done in one try.

Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post

So started fooling around on PTS the other night and picked up the Eternal weapons quest. Supposed to get like 15 cosmic particles. This is going to frustrate some folks as it appears that you have to get 15 done in one attempt. And it doesn't appear to count towards the quest where you have to gather cosmic particles. It can be done mind you. But some aren't going to like the get it done in one try.

You have to get 20 and 25 in the later upgrades. And you get the minion from the previous quest.
    Last edited by Boase; 03-22-2017 at 12:32 PM.

Rift Disciple

The minion you need is a quest reward when you begin the third upgrade step. Upgrading it to 25 is one of the requirements to complete the third upgrade step.
    Last edited by mashata; 03-22-2017 at 02:58 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

it appears that you have to get 15 done in one attempt.
    I already suggested they add a button to make you go "up" as well as this quest is easily going to cause a Forum meltdown.

Yes you need to get all 15 in one go which means staying aloft all the time but you get drifting downwards and eventually you're out of range of all orbs with no 'up' key to bring you back up.

I can barely squeeze in the daily for collecting 20 orbs when i "practice" my methods but that's me all alone, throw in a lot of people floating around near you and slowly dropping down each minute, well, it's gonna get ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I already suggested they add a button to make you go "up" as well as this quest is easily going to cause a Forum meltdown.

Yes you need to get all 15 in one go which means staying aloft all the time but you get drifting downwards and eventually you're out of range of all orbs with no 'up' key to bring you back up.

I can barely squeeze in the daily for collecting 20 orbs when i "practice" my methods but that's me all alone, throw in a lot of people floating around near you and slowly dropping down each minute, well, it's gonna get ugly.
    How many people will be up there trying to do this at once too? will there be multiple groups basically making this pointless to attempt during prime time? Does one getting picked up by one raid member update all the members of the party? if not thats going to be heck unless its made into an instance not way up high near the tower
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Shadowlander

Looking at procs posted few pages ago, the only eternal weapons worth are primalist ( pretty easy to stack 30% more dmg always since same mechanics of dervish cyclism) and warrior ones (easy to drop power when using skill, and 50% more dmg for 50% uptime).

Mage came next as u can decide when to cast primary bolt to increase dmg,

Cleric's one came next since unless ur sentinel or warden is not easy to keep mana up.

Rogues have worstest since basically u drop below 50 energy after 3-5 attacks and no way to get up again during a fight. (bladedancer excluded)
    Last edited by Heri; 03-23-2017 at 07:12 AM.

Telaran

Default Rogue Eternal Weapon Proc

Quote Originally Posted by Heri View Post

Rogues have worstest since basically u drop below 50 energy after 3-5 attacks and no way to get up again during a fight.
    The exception to this being bladedancer with its perpetual 'attacks use no energy buff'. This should mean 100% up time for properly played bladedancer spec. Bladedancer really might be the top rogue single target spec in 4.1 given this proc......isn't that weird.

Rogues have worstest since basically u drop below 50 energy after 3-5 attacks and no way to get up again during a fight.
    No, rogues don't have it the worst. That being said, the issue I see with this is that the damage buff is going to be minimal at best because with plenty of ogcd and high cost abilities, going below 75 happens all the time. Looking at Shadeborn, Innumerable Shadows costs 35 energy. Using that every 10s, means every 10s, if not sooner, you will stop gaining stacks (and potentially lose the stacks).

Rogues really don't have too much of an energy issue right now, but that could come into play.

I do suspect we'll have a change in Bladedancer to prevent the 100% uptime on this though.
    R.I.P.

Shadowlander

Looking at procs posted few pages ago, the only eternal weapons worth are primalist ( pretty easy to stack 60% more dmg always since same mechanics of dervish cyclism)
    First : it's not a 60% damage buff , it's a 30% - 30% , it doesn't stack since it affect different type of spell ( cunning one , and fury one )

Second : only if I don't know how to play my spec , when you reach full fury in dervish you start using fury abilities to go back in cunning , and when you reach full cunning you start using cunning abilities to reach full fury , so the fury bonus gain when you reach full cunning doesn't apply to dervish (or just a bit for air cutter and "finisher") for the actual rotation since we don't use this type of spell anymore(unless i don't know how to play dervish) and vice versa for the cunning bonus. So I come to this , in dervish spec I don't really gain this damage bonus unless I change my rotation.

Third : English is not my first language, maybe I don't understand the proc correcly and this make my 2 first point useless

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Hokhmah View Post
    First : it's not a 60% damage buff , it's a 30% - 30% , it doesn't stack since it affect different type of spell ( cunning one , and fury one )

Second : only if I don't know how to play my spec , when you reach full fury in dervish you start using fury abilities to go back in cunning , and when you reach full cunning you start using cunning abilities to reach full fury , so the fury bonus gain when you reach full cunning doesn't apply to dervish (or just a bit for air cutter and "finisher") for the actual rotation since we don't use this type of spell anymore(unless i don't know how to play dervish) and vice versa for the cunning bonus. So I come to this , in dervish spec I don't really gain this damage bonus unless I change my rotation.

Third : English is not my first language, maybe I don't understand the proc correcly and this make my 2 first point useless
    I ve primalist myself. Primal avatar serpent = 100% cunning. (30% dmg for fury) then u go for full fury using whatever rotation (30 % for cunning), at 100% fury molten wave or fury blast depent what are u playing. ur in harmony again. then took me like 5 gcd to get full fury again. then u go harmony, then u can choose to go for cunning or do ur normal rotation. Basically the buff is always up. And there is not written anywhere that if u get 1 buff from weapon , if u go to other edge u lose it. (unless i miss it but i think works in same way of cyclism)

In previous post i wrote 60% but was just my error was meant to write 30% per fury and 30% for cunning.
    Last edited by Heri; 03-23-2017 at 08:15 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast