+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 164
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

  1. #61
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    50

    Default

    I need these weapons asap so I can do lfr progression.

    Is it possible to p2w all the steps?
    I have my cc ready.

  2. #62
    Isp
    Isp is online now
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Posts
    526

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mexxxxxx View Post
    I need these weapons asap so I can do lfr progression.

    Is it possible to p2w all the steps?
    I have my cc ready.
    It is actually possible to skip some upgrade steps (1000 cores for example) with credits (I get that it was sarcasm, but as you see it not that far away from reality). But I guess it will be faster get LFR and then T1 gear anyway.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

  3. #63
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    It is actually possible to skip some upgrade steps (1000 cores for example) with credits (I get that it was sarcasm, but as you see it not that far away from reality). But I guess it will be faster get LFR and then T1 gear anyway.
    yeah, being able to "skip" 2 out of the 23 steps is so P2W
    Last edited by Bobtheskull; 02-27-2017 at 12:46 PM.

  4. #64
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Finally got the graphic to work. So I did see that they are all soul bound but not unique, just like ISP said. That means in theory you could dual wield the 2 1 handed eternal weapons. It remains to be seen how practical it is to actually achieve two fully upgraded 1 handed eternal weapons.

    I don't see the 2 handed warrior DPS weapon. But I do see the shield and 1 hand weapon have same stats such as strength, endurance and so forth. I wonder if the idea is that since your second weapon is basically a stat stick what need would you have for another 1 handed weapon? Unless of course the stats are better on it than the eternal.

    Frankly I am not going to even bother pursuing the two handed weapon. While its stats are presumably better then two 1 handed, I find it slow and clunky looking. Also, I am sure this can be proved mathematically beyond a shadow of a doubt one way or the other, I don't think it is all that superior to dual wielding.

  5. #65
    RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,055

    Default

    Here's the Warrior 2h base stats first:



    Fully upgraded to Eternal:



    For anyone wondering about what's involved in getting to the full upgrade here's the full number of objectives you will need to do, all steps combined.

    Kill Infernal Foes near Tower = 100

    Collect Cosmic Particles near Tower = 60

    Close Rifts that grant experience = 630

    Kill Zone Event Colossi = 50

    Defeat Rift Invasions = 1,000

    Level the Minion Wicket to level 25

    Acquire Cosmic Cores = 1,000

    Running Expert Dungeons = 100

    Kill Malannon in LFT Tartaric Depths = 16

    Kill High Priest Arakhurn in iRoTP = 16

  6. #66
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Questions.
    Does one have to use the eternal weapons actively to complete the quest?
    Does a tank have to use that 2 handed weapon until it is completely upgraded before he gets the 1 hand and the shield?

    Can it sit in inventory until he completes all the requirements?
    Upon completion will he need to turn around and grind those to get them to their final stages?

    Is there anyway to get the 1 hander and the shield without upgrading the two handed sword?

    If one is forced to complete the quest line for the 2 hander to get the 1 handed sword and shield what is a tank going to do with a DPS weapon that he invested tons of time, effort and possibly currency into upgrading?
    Last edited by Moril; 02-28-2017 at 11:06 AM.

  7. #67
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    Questions.
    Does one have to use the eternal weapons actively to complete the quest?
    Does a tank have to use that 2 handed weapon until it is completely upgraded before he gets the 1 hand and the shield?

    Can it sit in inventory until he completes all the requirements?
    Upon completion will he need to turn around and grind those to get them to their final stages?

    Is there anyway to get the 1 hander and the shield without upgrading the two handed sword?

    If one is forced to complete the quest line for the 2 hander to get the 1 handed sword and shield what is a tank going to do with a DPS weapon that he invested tons of time, effort and possibly currency into upgrading?
    You do not have to use the eternal weapon and it can sit in your inventory.

    1Hs and shields may very rarely drop (they were going to, and I assume 1Hs still will, but shields may not), but otherwise, there's no way to get them without upgrading the sword. Normal weapons and shields will still drop from Tartaric Depths and T1, using the individual loot system for LFR and normal loot for T1.

    If you upgrade your 2H to eternal rarity, you'll have both a 2H AND a 1H/shield. I don't see how you could have a problem with having an extra weapon lying around.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 02-28-2017 at 11:07 AM.

  8. #68
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Will the 1h and the shield already be fully upgraded?

    So is this an attempt to blur the lines between tank and dps? If it is will the next one add heals in? I see no reason a tank couldn't DPS as well as any dedicated DPSer. Just haven't seen that. Or if I have I didn't recognize what I was looking at.

  9. #69
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    Will the 1h and the shield already be fully upgraded?

    So is this an attempt to blur the lines between tank and dps? If it is will the next one add heals in? I see no reason a tank couldn't DPS as well as any dedicated DPSer. Just haven't seen that. Or if I have I didn't recognize what I was looking at.
    They'll be at eternal quality (there's one more upgrade to go after).

    Ummm there's already unified tank/DPS gear.

  10. #70
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    There is already unified tank/dps gear? Traditionally I thought (Warrior) tanks went with a 1 hander and shield. While DPSers went with dual wield. It must be that I am not recognizing what I am seeing during experts. I seldom see any weapons during the actual fighting.

  11. #71
    Ascendant DarkDaemon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    1,983

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Moril View Post
    There is already unified tank/dps gear? Traditionally I thought (Warrior) tanks went with a 1 hander and shield. While DPSers went with dual wield. It must be that I am not recognizing what I am seeing during experts. I seldom see any weapons during the actual fighting.
    Ummmm do you see gear with guard, block or dodge on it?

  12. #72
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    152

    Default

    Yes when I collect loot from various critters in open content. But I seldom if ever inspect other players. Seems kinda like being a Peeping Tom and a terrible invasion of their privacy. In addition if the loot I pick up didn't t have Strength, endurance or CP on it I pretty much just shoved it in the bag and forgot about until it came time to vendor it. It is even worse now with Experts. I don't even bother to look at the loot. Just vendor it first chance. Giant Weed Man (Hexa...whatever) is a different story. I pay attention to what he drops since I am looking for essences.

    Are you confused about what I mean about not seeing weapons in experts? I mean the actual fight where everyone is running around bashing the bad guys. There doesn't seem to be any weapons showing.
    Last edited by Moril; 02-28-2017 at 12:09 PM.

  13. #73
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azith View Post
    Please implemet two Daggers for rogues right from the beginning of the questchain. It would be quite unfair to need to do the whole q-chain until you get a 2nd onehand whilst every other class got a twohand rifght from the start.
    ya ~ it's really unfair to rogues only have a one-hand dagger as quest reward than other classes!

  14. #74
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Collect Cosmic Particles near Tower = 60
    Sometime, people should go out and find out what it's going to take to get these Cosmic Particles. You need 15 for the first upgrade. There's a daily quest for 20. I shudder to think what this is going to be like when a lot of people are trying this at once, which should happen within a few minutes of the shards coming online. (Yes, I already provided in-game feedback.)
    Last edited by mashata; 03-01-2017 at 07:10 AM.

  15. #75
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Azith View Post
    Please implemet two Daggers for rogues right from the beginning of the questchain. It would be quite unfair to need to do the whole q-chain until you get a 2nd onehand whilst every other class got a twohand rifght from the start.
    I agree with this too. I imagine that ensuring rogues can upgrade 2 items after each stage of the quest chain would be a problem. Same deal with 3, for those expecting 2h + 1h + shield at the end of the chain. It would be nice to have all the items from the start, and upgrade them all as we complete each stage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts