+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post
    Sorry, but these Ethernal Weapons are dead content for me, and I guess for 99% of the rest of the player base. Pls bring something better than idiotic grinding.
    Epic Grind for Epic Weapon.
    I will probably unable to finish upgrading mine for a LONG LONG time.

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Very boring and not very useful. Especially the Cleric one:
    "Cleric: +4% raid-wide healing received"

Oh well, it's a better stat-stick.
    I'll gladly trade you your healing receive buff for my 4% health buff....
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

King of Slackers

Quote Originally Posted by Xlavius View Post
    Very boring and not very useful. Especially the Cleric one:
    "Cleric: +4% raid-wide healing received"

Oh well, it's a better stat-stick.
    "... Eternal items are truly awe-inspiring artifacts, each possessing a special ability befitting such legendary equipment."
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons
    Youtube
    Twitch
    Ghar Station Discord

Rift Chaser

Default Weapon procs

Just wondering why primalists has 6% worth us a proc but everyone else has 4%? And 4% max health so the average dps doesn't have 300k hp so for arguments sake well say they have 300k to overestimate. 12k extra health feels underwhelming, much like legendary abilities.

Also do these procs stack can you run 10 warriors and take 40% reduced damage ?

Isp
    Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by makerofwidows View Post
    Just wondering why primalists has 6% worth us a proc but everyone else has 4%? And 4% max health so the average dps doesn't have 300k hp so for arguments sake well say they have 300k to overestimate. 12k extra health feels underwhelming, much like legendary abilities.

Also do these procs stack can you run 10 warriors and take 40% reduced damage ?
    Primalists don't have 6%, you cannot add 2% damage and 2% healing done. Actually primalists and rogues are slightly different from other callings - most callings procs affect all raid members and rogue proc affects only dpses, and primalists affects only dpses and healers (I don't count tank dps increase as something affecting raid performance). But I cannot say that that rogue proc is bad - dps increase sounds nice and could be more beneficial than everything else (depends on fight and raid performance in general). And as you mentioned max hp bonus is weak, so primalist proc is not very nice because of it. I would take rogue proc if I had a choice.
    New player? Apply code TD2TGJH9WGYYLEGC2EMJ or use the link for some free stuff.

Prophet of Telara

I would like to thank Trion Devs for not putting any pvp quests in the chain. At least we won't have to deal with massive potato flood. It's already bad anyway.

What would be really cool is if they made eternal weapons for pvp. They would be weaker than pve ones but they wouldn't be downbolstered.

Ideas for chain quests:

- kill xxxxx players
    - win xx specific warfronts
    - get "killing spree", "rampage" " unstoppable" xx times
    - save xxx players
    - pick stones xxx times, capture flag ect
    - ect
    Last edited by Lokken`; 02-24-2017 at 10:42 AM.
    Lokken - 65 lvl r100 Mage
    Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Isp View Post
    Primalists don't have 6%, you cannot add 2% damage and 2% healing done. Actually primalists and rogues are slightly different from other callings - most callings procs affect all raid members and rogue proc affects only dpses, and primalists affects only dpses and healers (I don't count tank dps increase as something affecting raid performance). But I cannot say that that rogue proc is bad - dps increase sounds nice and could be more beneficial than everything else (depends on fight and raid performance in general). And as you mentioned max hp bonus is weak, so primalist proc is not very nice because of it. I would take rogue proc if I had a choice.
    I'm not sure what you mean it says primalist gives 2% healing and 2% damage and 2% hp. If the goal was to be equal across the board by equating 4% healing to 4% dmg to 4% mitigation to 4% health then 1% = 1 point and primalists have 6 points, 50% more than every other calling.
    Last edited by makerofwidows; 02-24-2017 at 11:25 AM.

Champion

I just want to clarify this: cleric and warrior tanks will have to complete the 4th upgrade before the game spits out a tanking set for them? Am I reading this right? That's a massive time sink and will take the average Joe ages. Assuming I only have an hour or two during week nights & a bit more on the weekend, how long does the Dev team expect this to take? Honest question, I'm bad at math...

Quote Originally Posted by Leocadia View Post
    I just want to clarify this: cleric and warrior tanks will have to complete the 4th upgrade before the game spits out a tanking set for them? Am I reading this right? That's a massive time sink and will take the average Joe ages. Assuming I only have an hour or two during week nights & a bit more on the weekend, how long does the Dev team expect this to take? Honest question, I'm bad at math...
    So just use the LFR and T1 tanking weapons? You don't NEED eternal items to do content.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Weapons still drop

The biggest timesink is actually leveling a minion from 1-25. This typically takes weeks.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    Weapons still drop

The biggest timesink is actually leveling a minion from 1-25. This typically takes weeks.
    yeah, guess we actually have to play the game now
    Quote Originally Posted by Klutch817 View Post
    "I don't like what you're saying, so I'mma get triggered and shame you somehow." ~RIFT Forums, 2016

Champion

That's not answering my question, but thanks anyway. I wasn't looking for alternatives (I'm aware they are there), I was trying to eyeball the time frame to get what other classes get at the start of the quest.

That's not answering my question, but thanks anyway. I wasn't looking for alternatives (I'm aware they are there), I was trying to eyeball the time frame to get what other classes get at the start of the quest.
    Raid tiers are usually around 6 months and the final upgrade is abit better than T1 gear (future upgrades could unlock). The final upgrade (the one after the first eternal proc) is kill ROTP boss 16 times. Since this isn't LFR it will take minimum 16 weeks. So no one will have the FINAL version for at least 4-5 months (you can get the MH/Shield from the previous upgrade which is on par/little lower than T1 gear).

Depending how long rifts take and using some credits I could see people having the 2nd last upgrade in 2-3 weeks minimum.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Shadowlander

They seem to have oversold these a wee bit. Simple % buffs are not interesting or at all transformative in terms of gameplay. Color me unimpressed.

Also, jumping puzzle that resets on failure? I haven't done it and thus can't speak to the difficulty, but the very idea sends chills down my spine.
    Last edited by MarginalSteve; 02-24-2017 at 01:55 PM.

I will have to agree with what everyone else is thinking when they first see these so called "eternal" weapons. What makes them special other than being big stat sticks? is it the clicky buff? Nope- because I'm fairly sure that everyone thinks it is BORING and not very "eternal"

TRION are you Listening???????? THIS IS THE MOST BORING REWARD IVE SEEN YET IN ANY GAME FOR THE TIME INVESTMENT....... what made you think that this is ETERNAL worthy weapon. It has very big stat numbers that's about it... there is nothing special or unique about it in any way. the clicky buffs you put on are just incredibly Lame. There is so many ways you could have went about this and impressed your player base so they feel like their time investment really pays off with something cool that feels good when you use it. Not just an addition to more stats and a boring clicky buff.

It seems to me like you are losing touch with your playerbase more and more each day. Its as if you have your own agenda and have no idea with what players really want, or what they think is a cool reward. Dont underestimate how many people love to pvp in this game- if you actually put care into it and made it fun, Dont underestimate peoples patience with content or constant mistakes. Surely you must know how lame these "eternal" weapon buffs really are? I'm very unimpressed. Also on a sidenote... do you wonder why there are so few people wanting to heal in pvp and at times in pve as well? Make healers fun to play<---- instead you are nerfing and ruining some good healing souls like FK by slapping a massive build up timer on their main heal. Get your stuff together and wake up from this daze you are in TRION!
    Last edited by MakeClericsGreatAgain; 02-24-2017 at 02:27 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast