+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Thread: OFFICIAL: Eternal Weapon Quest Chain

Quote Originally Posted by legitN View Post
    Instead of bring the player it`s again the class? Why don`t just make them 1h long and 1h cd or both 30 min...trying to fill your raid with exactly 2 of each class to have a 100% uptime sounds bad...or we all have to get some alts to buff our raids before we enter them
    Time to get my Rogue to 70 I guess?
    And you've have to ensure that you do not use a Cleric or Warrior Tank. At least not until you stand on your head for 300,000 secs, while continuously drinking a Slurpee. Along with all the other requirements to get to your completely and utterly useless 2 handed weapon to eternal quality, and then, knowing them, doing some FUBAR set of tasks (for just the Clerics and Warriors having to do these steps, why not going just go a head and tack on 10,000 credits too, just for grins and giggles?) to be able to get a weapon that Mages, Rogues and Primalists had from the get go.

I'd bet 20 bucks that were a Warrior or Cleric to bust their behinds and get to the Eternal stage, there'd be no weapon/shield waiting for them, because they're not going to be completed for a while. And we'd yet again be given the excuse of, "Soon".

I said it during the previous expansion, and I believe it's even more relevant and easily recognizable in this expansion. There was a Star Wars episode where something was said by a very prominent character, "If this body is not capable of action, I suggest new leadership is needed. I move for a Vote of No Confidence..."
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Dimples View Post
    Along with all the other requirements to get to your completely and utterly useless 2 handed weapon to eternal quality, and then, knowing them, doing some FUBAR set of tasks (for just the Clerics and Warriors having to do these steps, why not going just go a head and tack on 10,000 credits too, just for grins and giggles?)
    What extra tasks? We have to do the exact same tasks and the same amount. We just turn our weapon into MH/Shield which update at the same time as if we picked a DPS instead.

I'd bet 20 bucks that were a Warrior or Cleric to bust their behinds and get to the Eternal stage, there'd be no weapon/shield waiting for them, because they're not going to be completed for a while. And we'd yet again be given the excuse of, "Soon".

We do get a choice if we want a shield + mainhand before we upgrade to the final version. And yes we get BOTH a mainhand and a shield from this.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-23-2017 at 07:56 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    What extra tasks? We have to do the exact same tasks and the same amount. We just turn our weapon into MH/Shield which update at the same time as if we picked a DPS instead.

We do get a choice if we want a shield + mainhand before we upgrade to the final version. And yes we get BOTH a mainhand and a shield from this.
    I get all that. But do we lose the 2 hander? Do we get a 2nd weapon for off hand to bring the stats up to what the 2 hander had, so we can do reasonable DPS? Or being forced into being a 2nd class DPS spec only, where the Mages, Rogues and Primalists get the best of both from the get go.

Like I said above, I am at the point where I have no confidence in their leadership. And ~90% of all these questions, concerns and nightmares could be alleviated, if there was ANY communication from those in charge.

And all this leading to my "vote of no confidence in the leadership" remark. Trion has YET to say ANYTHING. The ONLY communication is from us customers. We're the ones saying what we think they're going to do.
    Dimples Warrior Tank * If she flashes her dimples at you, it may cause pleasurable blindness.
    Dweia Rogue Tank * Nothing seems to express happiness quite as much as purring.
    Laurie Cleric Tank * Life without Love, is like chocolate cake made without sugar.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits. - Unknown

I get all that. But do we lose the 2 hander? Do we get a 2nd weapon for off hand to bring the stats up to what the 2 hander had, so we can do reasonable DPS? Or being forced into being a 2nd class DPS spec only, where the Mages, Rogues and Primalists get the best of both from the get go.
    We get both.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    We get both.
    They mean do we get a totem so we have the same stats in a DPS spec. Since mages/primalists have a full dps staff vs our mainhand and shield.

If we pick MH/Shield they are expecting that person to be a mainspec tank. If you want a BiS DPS weapon then pick the DPS weapon and use the LFR and T1 tanking weapons.

We could have had nothing and had to FARM the RNG drops of the Shield AND mainhand. Be thankful we get what we asked for.
    Last edited by Boase; 02-23-2017 at 08:28 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

They mean do we get a totem so we have the same stats in a DPS spec. Since mages/primalists have a full dps staff vs our mainhand and shield.

If we pick MH/Shield they are expecting that person to be a mainspec tank. If you want a BiS DPS weapon then pick the DPS weapon and use the LFR and T1 tanking weapons.

We could have had nothing and had to FARM the RNG drops of the Shield AND mainhand. Be thankful we get what we asked for.
    We don't lose the DPS 2H.

Telaran

I was actually hoping for an equal treatment of all classes. Nevertheless, thank you for posting this PTS finding!

We don't lose the DPS 2H.
    And now I am hoping again!
    Last edited by Tandaradei; 02-23-2017 at 09:08 PM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Tandaradei View Post
    And now I am hoping again!
    You don't need to worry. I clarified this with Vladd today.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

It might be an idea to add an "up" button while doing the stages to collect Particles of Cosmic Energy, nothing more annoying than slowly drifting downwards, getting close to 15 bubbles (20 for new daily) and find you've dropped below the bubbles.

Also it resets back to zero when you hit the ground so looks like you must stay aloft all the time and hope you get a good run of bubbles before dropping below the spawn points.

Ascendant

You don't need to worry. I clarified this with Vladd today.
    So basically mage/cleric/warrior will get to keep the original 2H and will be given main hand + offhand/shield for free.

Does that mean rogue get ****ed and just get 1x main hand and good luck on finding a offhand?

Quote Originally Posted by FateStayNight View Post
    So basically mage/cleric/warrior will get to keep the original 2H and will be given main hand + offhand/shield for free.

Does that mean rogue get ****ed and just get 1x main hand and good luck on finding a offhand?
    Nope. Tooltip on the legendary rogue weapon says we get the off hand in the same way Warriors/clerics get the shield
    R.I.P.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Nope. Tooltip on the legendary rogue weapon says we get the off hand in the same way Warriors/clerics get the shield
    Thanks, I almost cried a little. Reminded me rogue itemization tragedy in previous expansion like before.

If that's the case, does the rogue eternal offhand has a(nother) use/proc/whatever?
    If not, why would it be an eternal weapon? Same goes for the shield, assuming the cleric/warrior onehand has the same effect as their twohanded weapons.
    If yes, wouldn't every other class need the equivalent on their 2h as well?

Sorry, but these Ethernal Weapons are dead content for me, and I guess for 99% of the rest of the player base. Pls bring something better than idiotic grinding.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sirdiggby View Post
    these procs look rather boring.
    Very boring and not very useful. Especially the Cleric one:
    "Cleric: +4% raid-wide healing received"

Oh well, it's a better stat-stick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast