+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Murdertrain

Thread: Rogue fragments in 4.1

Plane Touched

Default Rogue fragments in 4.1

Hi all,

I've stacked mostly CP on my fragments (and essences) on live based off of Archy's work:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...fragments.html

Instead of chasing his BiS, I grabbed CP when I could and am at 5230.

However, that's using a lot of reaper's essences and non-BiS frags (according to the guide.)

All of the rogue T1 gear on PTS seems to focus on AP, so I'm wondering if I should do that, instead?

Does anyone have solid info on what a rogue should shoot for once 4.1 drops?

I appreciate the idea behind streamlining gearing for folks. But the fragment system is absolutely punishing for people who want to get the most out of their character. The RNG--both in the purchasing of fragments and in the stats (dodge for dps, anyone?) combined with the insane cost to level a set (or sets) to 15, and the brutal kick in the teeth when you realize you picked the wrong stat to chase is frustrating. The lack of any sort of instruction or guidance in-game is also a nightmare for newcomers or folks who don't want to spend time digging through the forum for any updated information. If the system was designed to help less-hardcore folks gear in a simple manner, it missed the mark--thoroughly-through the cost-to-level, the RNG, and the complete lack of direction for any newcomers.

An abundance of thanks for Archy and all the other folks who have worked to clarify just what the hell we need to do to both functionally and fully utilize this system. Even if the numbers you guys came up with aren't perfect, they provided direction. And that's something that the system is DRASTICALLY lacking.

Thanks for any info on what a rogue should focus on.

Ascendant

Thanks for the thanks

We really need specs to settle down so that people can do proper stat weights for specs. There's only a handful of people left that can / will do them. PTS specs are still in flux and will be right up till 4.1. I doubt that anything will be sorted until probably mid March, then we might see some consistency.

The guide for Rogues on frags (along with primalists) are the ones I have least confidence in as no stat weights were done at all. It was merely just a reverse of the original warrior ones.

But you're right, it does provide some sort of direction... which is basically all I can give at the moment.
    Archy Mage, Face, Prime, Primal Rouge, Rogue, Eric, W, @ Laethys --- Nefarious ---

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Archyface View Post
    Thanks for the thanks

We really need specs to settle down so that people can do proper stat weights for specs. There's only a handful of people left that can / will do them. PTS specs are still in flux and will be right up till 4.1. I doubt that anything will be sorted until probably mid March, then we might see some consistency.

The guide for Rogues on frags (along with primalists) are the ones I have least confidence in as no stat weights were done at all. It was merely just a reverse of the original warrior ones.

But you're right, it does provide some sort of direction... which is basically all I can give at the moment.
    Yeah. Without all the work you guys put into it, I'd go crazy. I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Even if it's not perfect in a min/max sort of way, the guide allowed me to put together a very strong and competitive set of 15's that won't embarrass me in any content. Still, the desire to be perfect is there, so I hope you guys are able to figure it out. Thank goodness y'all are smart enough and dedicated enough to do it. In WoW, you can't sling a dead cat without hitting a hardcore theorycrafter. In Rift, y'all are all we got. In fact, I think 90% of the specs I played before SP were Muspel's babies. (Not throwing shade at Rift--I play it because I love it. But the dedicated community of theorycrafters just can't compete with WoW in terms of numbers. But I think we do in quality.)

So thanks again to all of you guys.

+ Reply to Thread